Fenrir vs Soul

Fenrir

So I'm arguing for Boyd, and Soul is in defense of Gatrie.

First thing, Boyd has 7 movement and doesn't suffer from armor setbacks. This is huge and cannot be overlooked.

Gatrie absolutely NEEDS the 3-3 or 3-6 crown for his speed to pick up. I am going to go out and say, Haar and Oscar put these to much better use.

Boyd starts slow, but he's got instant access to a hammer and is hitting pretty hard on everything else. & once he catches up to Gatries speed, he's killing him.

Another thing worth mentioning is that boyd has access to crossbows and triangle attacking.

First thing, Boyd has 7 movement and doesn't suffer from armor setbacks. This is huge and cannot be overlooked.

Lyre has 9 Mov and never gets hindered by thickets.

You hear that, guys? Lyre > Boyd!

Gatrie absolutely NEEDS the 3-3 or 3-6 crown for his speed to pick up. I am going to go out and say, Haar and Oscar put these to much better use.

That Crown is nowhere as cost-heavy as you make it ought to be. First of all, Oscar sucks. He needs to get that average Str up so he's actually competent at fighting. And how do you do that? Well, you wait until he caps his Skill and Spd and THEN you BEXP those problems up, like an **hole. And even if you do try to solve most of his problems through that Crown, he's still only going to last through Part 3 only, not realy worth giving over Gatrie, especially when already have someone called Titania. Second, Haar can wait and promote at 3-7, either by natural means, or taking a Crown. I've done this in my HM run, and I'm telling you, there's no difference.

Boyd starts slow, but he's got instant access to a hammer and is hitting pretty hard on everything else. & once he catches up to Gatries speed, he's killing him.

Well, guess what, Gatrie has instant access to Hammers TOO. He's hitting harder as well.

And the best part is, unless you're wasting a crap ton of resources, he's never catching up with Gatrie's Spd. :awesome: Go ahead, just tell me how he'll MAGICALLY catch up to Gatrie.

Another thing worth mentioning is that boyd has access to crossbows and triangle attacking.

LolCrossbows.

There's no weapon triangle in HM, by the way. :P:

Lyre has 9 Mov and never gets hindered by thickets.

You hear that, guys? Lyre > Boyd!

...-.-

It's just one of Boyd's advantages on Gatrie.

That Crown is nowhere as cost-heavy as you make it ought to be. First of all, Oscar sucks. He needs to get that average Str up so he's actually competent at fighting. And how do you do that? Well, you wait until he caps his Skill and Spd and THEN you BEXP those problems up, like an **hole. And even if you do try to solve most of his problems through that Crown, he's still only going to last through Part 3 only, not realy worth giving over Gatrie, especially when already have someone called Titania. Second, Haar can wait and promote at 3-7, either by natural means, or taking a Crown. I've done this in my HM run, and I'm telling you, there's no difference.

We can give him an energy drop to fix strength. Also, it does make a difference with Haar, Savior/Celerity sounds pretty good to me.(not to mention absolute decimation combat wise)

Well, guess what, Gatrie has instant access to Hammers TOO. He's hitting harder as well.

The bottom line against armors is that they're doing exactly the same.

And the best part is, unless you're wasting a crap ton of resources, he's never catching up with Gatrie's Spd. :awesome: Go ahead, just tell me how he'll MAGICALLY catch up to Gatrie.

Because without a crown Gatrie is stuck on 23 speed.

LolCrossbows.

There's no weapon triangle in HM, by the way. :P:

He can at least destroys flyers right?

& i meant the triangle attack with his brothers =p

...-.-

It's just one of Boyd's advantages on Gatrie.

Celerity, my friend. That fixes all of Gatrie's issues, considering he can 1RKO consistently already.

He's an 8-Mov Jauggernaut that 1RKO's everything and never dies.

We can give him an energy drop to fix strength. Also, it does make a difference with Haar, Savior/Celerity sounds pretty good to me.(not to mention absolute decimation combat wise)

No, we're giving it to Ulki, remember? :awesome:

Giving Celerity to Haar is so redundant and unnecessary. We might as well let Haar keep the Hammer and everything that could make Boyd good so he can BEXP his lower stats up, no? :awesome: Nah, I think not. It's just a poor way of sandbagging Gatrie. And Haar can still use Savior at 2nd tier. This is not about who can be the most overkill.

Because without a crown Gatrie is stuck on 23 speed.

Which, he won't, because the Crown will aid that.

Boyd needs the following to become decent:

- Seraph Robe

- Secret Book

- Speedwings

- BEXP

Yeah.

He can at least destroys flyers right?

& i meant the triangle attack with his brothers =p

There are only Wyerns at the GMs chapters, and they aren't affected by Crossbows.

Rofl simply has no place in this.

Celerity, my friend. That fixes all of Gatrie's issues, considering he can 1RKO consistently already.

He's stealing it from Haar. It doesn't make his armor problems vanish either. He's still having problems dragging his ass up the 3-4 ledges. & he cannot go anywhere besides Greil Army.

No, we're giving it to Ulki, remember? :awesome:

Giving Celerity to Haar is so redundant and unnecessary. We might as well let Haar keep the Hammer and everything that could make Boyd good so he can BEXP his lower stats up, no? :awesome: Nah, I think not. It's just a poor way of sandbagging Gatrie. And Haar can still use Savior at 2nd tier. This is not about who can be the most overkill.

Ulki takes the 3-5 drop, Oscar can take the 2-E.

Giving Haar celerity is not redundant and unnecessary unless you consider beating stages faster redundant and unnecessary. I think ferrying Ike on 3-4 is very important.

Boyd needs the following to become decent:

- Seraph Robe

- Secret Book

- Speedwings

- BEXP

Yeah.

How did the seraph robe get thrown in here? Boyd does not have major durability issues, 45HP 15DEF.

His hit problems can be fixed with an axe forge.

His speed is a problem, but i don't think he should be getting one of titan/Haar's wing's.

BEXP is a definite must, but he doesn't need loads upon loads of it. Just enough to slowplay.

There are only Wyerns at the GMs chapters, and they aren't affected by Crossbows.

Yeah, but it could kick in come P4, where he sees some flyers.

He's stealing it from Haar. It doesn't make his armor problems vanish either. He's still having problems dragging his ass up the 3-4 ledges. & he cannot go anywhere besides Greil Army.

He's not stealing it from Haar. Haar is no way entitled to it. And the problem was only because shis Mov was low, which, again, is pretty much fixed with Celerity. It's also one chapter, anyway. If that actually mattered, I dunno what to say about Oscar and/or Titania.

Ulki takes the 3-5 drop, Oscar can take the 2-E.

Giving Haar celerity is not redundant and unnecessary unless you consider beating stages faster redundant and unnecessary. I think ferrying Ike on 3-4 is very important.

ok. It is redundant and unnecesary. Why? Because it hardly saves you a turn. It's like giving a Speedwings to Mia, or an Energy Drop to Titania.

How did the seraph robe get thrown in here? Boyd does not have major durability issues, 45HP 15DEF.

His hit problems can be fixed with an axe forge.

His speed is a problem, but i don't think he should be getting one of titan/Haar's wing's.

BEXP is a definite must, but he doesn't need loads upon loads of it. Just enough to slowplay.

I wasn't really thinking he needed those statboosters to fix those problems you're pointing out. But remember, BEXP'ing him up from scratch up to lvl 20 is unfavorable for the stats he may need to surpass Gatrie.

Yeah, but it could kick in come P4, where he sees some flyers.

So, basically, you're saying Boyd'll need them because he won't have the necessary stats to 1RKO those kind of enemies naturally? :awesome:

I think I should have started this debate. If only because I'm doing the mindless countering. It's probably a little late for that.

Sorry I couldn't post until now Dx

He's not stealing it from Haar. Haar is no way entitled to it. And the problem was only because shis Mov was low, which, again, is pretty much fixed with Celerity. It's also one chapter, anyway. If that actually mattered, I dunno what to say about Oscar and/or Titania.

Your right, I probly shouldn't say stealing. But if you want to give Celerity away to somebody besides Haar, Boyd is a horse without canto when he gets it(and can go up ledges!)

ok. It is redundant and unnecesary. Why? Because it hardly saves you a turn. It's like giving a Speedwings to Mia, or an Energy Drop to Titania.

I think we need something for these debates to decide where all the resources go. Most debates(whether here or on the tier list) just start spiraling into who gets what item etc.

I wasn't really thinking he needed those statboosters to fix those problems you're pointing out. But remember, BEXP'ing him up from scratch up to lvl 20 is unfavorable for the stats he may need to surpass Gatrie.

I misunderstood, my bad. Boyd definitely needs more BEXP than Gatrie, but it should end up paying off. Gatrie does need a crown/celerity, so he needs his own resources.

So, basically, you're saying Boyd'll need them because he won't have the necessary stats to 1RKO those kind of enemies naturally? :awesome:

I set myself up :facepalm:

Edited by Fenrir