Mafia Headquarters The Third

riariadne

That sounds terrible, La Levedad. :/ I'm sorry you're going through this. Is there anyone you can go to for help, like an authority figure?

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right, so Cam got Paperblade to check FR mafia to make sure it was balanced once we finalized everything. I believe Folgore Rangers mafia is ready now.

okay, people overcommiting is obviously a problem when xenoblade goes an entire 16 hours with no posts. can we get more mods who host with a "you can't join this game if you're already in more than 1 game" rule?

i'm not really inclined to play here when town stops posting after day 1, maybe day 2, and when they do post they don't scumhunt or vote. even my own game pretty much died out day 3 and that was invitational

Edited by Prims

I'm really annoyed that

A. Rein is letting people host a mini whenever for whatever stupid idea people have (I'm looking at you, Lyncher and Jester)

B. Everyone signs up for these minis and they are as active or moreso than medium and large games

I see no reason to put effort into designing a game when a setup that was probably made in under a minute is getting as much activity.

It also flies in the face of Llen's idea that people know their limits because obviously they don't.

These are the finalized queue changes. They will come into effect tomorrow.

1. The queue will only list games that are completely ready. This is permanent and not up for debate. There will be a list of "games being constructed" that will be in alphabetical order or whatever where games that people have ideas for, but aren't ready to host will be placed. Your game counts as ready if and only if you could host it immediately, role PMs and everything, upon being asked to.

2. From this point forward, the queues will be reverting to large and small only again. Small games are 14 players and less; 15 players and up is considered large. 1 game from each queue will take place at a time- no more.

3. For the time being, I will NOT be putting more games onto the queue.

4. For games that are ready, there will be voting about which game people want next. This is tentative. It will probably be in a new topic so as to not crowd everything up.

5. One game will be allowed per host per queue at a time, and no host may be running more than one game at a time. At the moment, this includes co-hosting, though that's still up in the air. There will be a 3 game downtime between a person hosting as well. Games that are already listed as "ready" will not be held to the first rule (as such I will not eject a random game for the queue or anything if you have multiple), but will for the second.

I believe that's everything.

Edited by Strider

The only problem I see with it is that if the games are being voted for, games hosted by newer players or first-time hosts who don't have a reputation for great games might not start for a long time, and that's not exactly fair.

I'm fine with whatever you guys decide to do, honestly. And I apologize for my spotty activity on Xenoblade mafia. Yesterday was not a good day for me to be playing mafia. I'll try to be more active.

The only problem I see with it is that if the games are being voted for, games hosted by newer players or first-time hosts who don't have a reputation for great games might not start for a long time, and that's not exactly fair.

I'm willing to change that around. I think we thought about a "if your game is on the voting list for x picks it'll auto-go eventually" but we didn't know what would be a suitable number if we did do that and decided against it for now.

What does everyone think about co-hosting in the 5th part of it? If nobody says anything about it we'll keep it as co-hosting counts, but I'm willing to hear opinions on that too.

I think it should depend on how much the co-host is contributing (and in the case of FR mafia, how many co-hosts are present). If the host and the co-host are going to be doing equally a lot of work, then it'd be reasonable to not allow either of them to host any other games at the same time. But if the host is doing most the work and the co-host is only there just in case the host misses something or can't make a deadline, I don't see why the co-host can't also host his own game as long as he is capable of doing both.

Edited by Xin Li

I think in a sense; the co-hosts that do a lot of the work as well should actually just be considered actual hosts instead of co-hosts. It might make the distinction clearer for these rules.

That's what I think.

If anything, cohosting is a big deal. I suggest limiting to cohosting up to 3 games, as far as the queue goes. I also think each game should have an assigned checker, that is not a host/cohost, to confirm that the game is ready.

Rein, voting is useless and doesn't really improve anything.

As for co-hosting, I think it should be a limit of 1 hosted, 2 co-hosted games at a time. I don't think it'd be a good idea to make it part of the hosted games as it might discourage people from doing it, and especially new hosts would probably appreciate having someone more experienced around. That being said, the co-host should obviously not take over the game (unless the host gets sick or something), but I think it would be quite obvious if that happened.

I also think each game should have an assigned checker, that is not a host/cohost, to confirm that the game is ready.

I don't really think it's necessary to have one just to confirm whether it's really ready, unless people start faking it. Even then you'd have the problem that someone could just pull out a list, let it be confirmed as ready, and then still work on it.

Edited by Kaoz

Rein, voting is useless and doesn't really improve anything.

As for co-hosting, I think it should be a limit of 1 hosted, 2 co-hosted games at a time. I don't think it'd be a good idea to make it part of the hosted games as it might discourage people from doing it, and especially new hosts would probably appreciate having someone more experienced around. That being said, the co-host should obviously not take over the game (unless the host gets sick or something), but I think it would be quite obvious if that happened.

I thought that had been agreed upon? Or was that just something toyed around with and I shouldn't have taken it so seriously.

That sounds fair.

so uh, which games are getting hosted next again? just the ones at the top of the queue aka mine?

not sfmm3 is 11 players by the way, but given the new small/large system i'll probably increase it to 13 since it won't be a break game. i might host it early because i don't have faith sfmm3 will be hosted any time soon (read: while the roles are still kinda funny)

Edited by Prims