Famicom Detective Club series

Hazuki

This is a really good and informative review of one of the games in the series, and the main one I'd like to talk about. I'd highly suggest reading at least some of it to get a better understanding of what I'm trying to convey here.

To keep it simple, this is an old classic series by Nintendo that was never released outside of Japan, consisting of three different. It's a point and click adventure series that, as you could probably guess, is about being a detective and solving one big mystery that makes up the entire game. 95% of the time you're actually reading through text and selecting menu options to advance through the game, so many people like to compare these games to the more modern example of the Ace Attorney series by Capcom.

I got into this series last year or so with the Super Famicom remake of the second game of the series, Famicom Detective Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shōjo. How? I don't exactly recall, but I don't regret playing this game one bit! I love it! As far as I know, it's the only one in the series that has received a complete English translation patch, made possible by the efforts of Tomato and Demiforce. This is actually the ideal game to play if you want to try the series out, though! Despite the title, it's actually the first game in the series chronologically, and the Super Famicom version is a lot more inviting to play than the original Famicom Disk System or Game Boy Advance versions due to the improved aesthetics that enrich the experience.

Even if you may have not played or even heard of these games before, I would strongly recommend playing this game in particular out, it's a great gem! If you already have, cool! What do you think of it?