Feditor Adv not accepting more than one type of frame?

DunnoMan

So im trying to see how my custom battle animation looks, and i followed this ultimate guide.

(chapter 57 and forward) http://www.feshrine....timatetutorial/

I have all the frames, but just as a test I've been using these two.

standing.png

standing-Copy.png

And have been using this code. The change is in bold.

/// - Mode 1

C03 -

C07 -

3 p- standing.png

/// - Attack Frames

3 p- standing - Copy.png

C04

C1A

C1F

/// - Frames after hitting but before stopping to wait for HP depletion

C01

/// - RETURN TO BASE

3 p- standing.png

C06

C0D

~~~ -

/// - Mode 3

C03 -

C07 -

3 p- standing.png

/// - Critical Frames

C04

C08

C1F

C01

/// - RETURN TO BASE

3 p- standing.png

C06

C0D

~~~ - Mode 5

C03 -

C07 -

5 p- standing.PNG

C05

4 p- standing.PNG

C01

4 p- standing.PNG

C06

3 p- standing.png

C0D

~~~ - Mode 6

C03 -

C07 -

5 p- standing.PNG

C05

4 p- standing.PNG

C01

4 p- standing.PNG

C06

3 p- standing.png

C0D

~~~ - Mode 7

C02

2 p- standing.PNG

C0E

3 p- standing.PNG

C01

2 p- standing.PNG

C06

2 p- standing.png

C0D

~~~ - Mode 8

C02

2 p- standing.PNG

C0E

3 p- standing.PNG

C01

2 p- standing.PNG

C06

2 p- standing.png

C0D

~~~ - Mode 9

3 p- standing.png

C01 -

~~~ - Mode 10

3 p- standing.png

C01 -

~~~ - Mode 11

3 p- standing.png

C01 -

~~~ - Mode 12

C03 -

C07 -

3 p- standing.png

/// - Attack-That-Will-Miss Frames

C04

C1F

C01

/// - RETURN TO BASE

3 p- standing.png

C06

C0D

~~~ - End Animation Data

Now, I'm seeing a few different formats for scripting. Some people have less space between the number count, and the p- code, no lines between pictures, one line between pictures, etc.

Can someone give me an example of the right way to script?

My pictures do have the same palettes, are in png, right size, and the like. And I'm able to load both files separately, and with copies of themselves, but not with any other frames...

i'm assuming it's a problem with the pictures themselves, most likely a palette problem, but they are exactly the same.

Please, someone help :(

Edited by DunnoMan

If you try manually, without the script and "insert frame" to test, you'll see that both your frames have different palettes. As in a different set of 16 colors.

Bad.

As for the script, I'm guessing since the program didn't "load the frame" because it had a different palette, it never made it in, and therefore, the mode doesn't have a frame, and that's why it's saying "Cannot add a terminator to an empty mode". At least, that's what I'd imagine is happening.

I see, you're right. Any way to fix that?

Photoshop seems to let me edit each color of the pallete, but not directly (i.e it makes me choose from a color board... not very direct )

How can i make it direct (via eyedropper)

Edit: Wait, i think i got it... Would getting the 16 color board from usenti, and having photoshop use the replace tool to replace all colors from that palette/color wheel, with the one from my first frame, do it?

Or is there an easier way?

Edited by DunnoMan

The problem was... your original image had 256 colors. The way to prevent messes like this, is to have every frame that you make, the same 16 colors.

It's as simple as that.

Fixing this in its current state... is... gonna be time consuming and not worth it.

The problem was... your original image had 256 colors. The way to prevent messes like this, is to have every frame that you make, the same 16 colors.

It's as simple as that.

Fixing this in its current state... is... gonna be time consuming and not worth it.

Really? But it's already starting to work for me...

I take the second image, and get it's color pallete. Then use photoshop to replace all the colors on the pallete(and where they are being used on the picture) to the ones like it, to essentially force the new pallete.

Also, i still have the original files for each frame, so i can make them 16 if i need to go ALL the way back there.

Bleh, seems like i need to now though...

Wait, i just realized...

If i put all the frames in one sheet,

WAIT WAIT WAIT

I just realized, i just need to make a spritesheet and save it to 16 colors right? Then all the frames should use the same palette right?

Edited by DunnoMan

Ok, so i figured out how to get it to work, but my the method left the pallete only using 15 colors, and a LOT of blue. Leaving the animation looking a bit off. I can fix it if i don't make the palette with the background, but my question is that, if i had the color of the background to the pallete after i resave with the background, will it still work?

Nevermind, i got everything. Realize i forgot to outline, but I'll do it after i make the dodge and crit anims.

Thanks for your help chaos, i didn't realize the "insert sprite" test at all, it's way more useful than making a new text and copying files and junk.

Edited by DunnoMan