Accessing Added Battle Animation in FEditor Adv

CorruptDruid

My problem is that after increasing the max index in FEditor Adv in the class animation manager and adding in animations, how do I access those animations that do not replace others. For example A3 in the FE7 would be the new added index and has the King animation. What would I need to do to utilize/assign that animation for a class? On a side note does the Necromancer work in FE7?

Any input would be appreciated.

Edited by rohan

You make a custom battle animation in the battle animation editor.

Necromancer doesn't "work" in FE7 I believe.

I'm using the Custom Animation Battle Editor, in which I select the animation to be played, the list stops at A1- Tent. I'm not sure what to do after this. How do I increase the list and access the added animation? This is my problem,otherwise using the module is quite easy.

Looks like the Necromancer still isn't fixed for FE7, oh well I can wait.

I'm using the Custom Animation Battle Editor, in which I select the animation to be played, the list stops at A1- Tent. I'm not sure what to do after this. How do I increase the list and access the added animation? This is my problem,otherwise using the module is quite easy.

See how the nightmare module is when opened in a text editor?

FE7 Custom Battle Animation Editor by SpyroDi (please consult Custom Animations.txt)

0xFFF800

Battle Animation Pointers.txt

NULL

+00 Weapon Type

NDHU

Animation Types.txt

+01 All weapons or a certain one?

NDDU

Weapon Animation Type.txt

+02 Animation Played

NDHU

Animation List.txt

On "Animation played"... see that "Animation List.txt"?

0x00 None (map animation)

0x01 Eliwood

0x02 Eliwood Disarmed

0x03 Lord Knight Eliwood w/ Sword

0x04 Lord Knight Eliwood w/ Durandal

0x05 Lord Knight Eliwood w/ Spear

0x06 Lord Knight Eliwood Disarmed

0x07 Hector

0x08 Hector w/ Hand Axe

0x09 Hector Disarmed

*blah blah blah*

0x9A Guy Disarmed

0x9B Swordmaster Guy

0x9C Guy Disarmed

0x9D Berserker

0x9E Berserker w/ Hand Axe

0x9F Berserker Disarmed

0xA0 Magic Seal

0xA1 Tent

0xA2 Transporter

So basically, increase the 162 and add your hex value at the end of the list.

In your case, edit it to 164 and add "0xA3 King" at the bottom.

See how the nightmare module is when opened in a text editor?

On "Animation played"... see that "Animation List.txt"?

So basically, increase the 162 and add your hex value at the end of the list.

In your case, edit it to 164 and add "0xA3 King" at the bottom.

Yeah this works, thanks. Also why 164? Is it because previously I was only getting up to A1 so A2 would be 163 and finally A3 as 164?

0xA3 = 163

However, you have 0x00 to 0xA3, which is 164 numbers, since zero is included.

When it was 162, it only included 0x00 to 0xA1.

I had forgotten that 0x00 counts as 1.

I do have 2 questions, is there a map sprite editor for FE6 like for FE8? How do you get around the FE7 standing map sprite editor which has no names to correspond to its respective class. It's a real bitch going to GBAGE and inputting the pointers to graphics and manually checking which class it refers to.( the results leave me thinking I'm screwing up)

Thanks for the clarification.

I had forgotten that 0x00 counts as 1.

I do have 2 questions, is there a map sprite editor for FE6 like for FE8? How do you get around the FE7 standing map sprite editor which has no names to correspond to its respective class. It's a real bitch going to GBAGE and inputting the pointers to graphics and manually checking which class it refers to.( the results leave me thinking I'm screwing up)

Thanks for the clarification.

Dunno about FE6... never checked the modules...

I made one with names for FE7 classes though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5490460/Nightmare%20Modules/Updated%20FE7%20Class%20and%20Map%20Sprite%20Editors.zip

Dunno about FE6... never checked the modules...

I made one with names for FE7 classes though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5490460/Nightmare%20Modules/Updated%20FE7%20Class%20and%20Map%20Sprite%20Editors.zip

That was useful, and also my guess was correct. Sorry for pestering you but since atm there is no module for FE6 how do people generally import map sprites through/from FE6?

Your module should go up in the NMM thread, it more accurate, except for the char editor which still has the issue of Nergal's class support viewer set as Transporter(it's Dark Druid just incorrectly labeled) and in the pallet section which still hasn't changed its error.( Teodor's pallet is called Vaida so there are 2, 0x2A is Teoder's pallet incorrectly labeled) nothing major and won't harm anything but just to be more accurate I'll point it out.

Thanks, and so far no Map sprite editor for FE6 yet, from the package on this site.