The new art style

H-Bastaki

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The proportions alone is already horribly off. And I don't mean the liberties that Anime styles usually take. I mean some serious issues. The shading is too rounded and feels like dodge/burn spam and just feels...I can't find the word for it, but it doesn't look good. There are a few good points, like the attention to detail and the metal shading (since metal uses a different way of shading and Masamune actually does that well) but overall the anatomy issues is just so glaringly obvious it's painful.

dcd456d84fa149a4eadfefdb586c8cbf.png is shit.

I mean the official art. Everything done for the new characters was just concept art.

Then what about Ogma's dislocated arms?

I mean, look how awesome this is:

Awesome

Marth: man I sure hope nobody notices I shat myself OH FUCK IT'S BILLOWING OUT MY PANTS

Ogma: Can't... pick up... the fucking sword...

Shiida: DEAR SWEET JESUS MY INADEQUATE BLOCK HAS SHATTERED AND SOMEHOW STRETCHED BOTH ARMS WHY AM I SO MALNOURISHED

Minerva: I shall take a pause in the battle to gaze at Ogma's backside.

Edited by Furetchen

hah

you are funny

Etzel's hips laugh at you.

I'm not entirely sure that's a mistake, I think they might've deliberately given him girly hips to try and titillate people with a thing for hardcore bishies.

I mean, it's not like that's a new and unusual tactic for them. >_>

I wouldn't call the concept artist shit. Etzel's hips is a giant mistake he made (Lucius's aren't as exaggerated and his upper body's not so V-shaped), but from what I can tell, this person drew Frey and Horace and those are quite excellent. I just hold issues with Masamune Shirow's stuff on the existing FE1/3 characters since every one of them has anatomy deformations or another, with Ogma's arm being the most significant.

Edited by Luminescent Blade