Super Smash Bros. Universe

Celice

According to a translation by Zelda Informer (via Super Smash Bros. World), the document alludes to more third-party support (presumably meaning more third-party characters like Snake and Sonic), the removal of tripping (also known as Prat Falling), and increasing the movement speed of Samus in light of how she handles in Other M.

996.jpg

http://www.1up.com/news/next-super-smash-b...called-universe

soooooo slloooooowwww

i have no personal opinion on the boringness of this game

Edited by Celice

They haven't even started making the game, so no logo should exist.

I'm going to have to agree with this. Not only is 1UP the only place I've seen reporting this (nothing on Joystiq, Kotaku, Siliconera, nor Andriasang), but Sakurai himself said on Twitter that until he finishes Kid Icarus, there won't be any progress on either Smash Bros. title (Source). Granted, this could be something that was being tossed around or planned, but for a title that isn't even in development yet, sending an internal document with the supposed title seems a bit... unorthodox.

It somewhat makes sense, considering that Sakurai needs all the people he can get. This may be some sort of fill-in sheet for the people who are in. That's an explanation getting thrown, another is that Sakurai is planning the important parts from a user's perspective already - the different amounts of characters relative to the complete size of the roster, and so on.

The possible translation was all done by 2chan users, it seems, though.

And considering this whole thing originated there, everything you just read above probably isn't true and no such thing really exists.

1UP has reported this, but in addition I've seen at least a dozen large Nintendo-websites copying this thing all around. Probably many, many more, it's not like I'm trying to scourge down all the places this has reached.

A logo might exist from the pre-production phases from making a game, but it's not usual at the least. It wouldn't be very strange either, though. Personally I believe that this exact thing is fake, but they are already assembling for the production of SSB4, in addition to the people more or less "free" throwing very general ideas and concepts until Sakurai is done (which is probably very soon, or it's completed from the gameplay-aspect already).