Mappy problems

0ni

Hello, I'm new to Fire Emblem ROM hacking and I've been having problems with Mappy. Whenever I save my map I can't find it, but I can open it in Mappy. The same goes for the .MAR files. I can find it in Mappy but I can't outside it. I assume it would be buggy version of Mappy, however it's the same one that comes with the FE6, 7 and tilesets.

EDIT: This is for Blazing Sword if that makes any difference.

Edited by 0ni

I know this isn't actually answering your question, but you should use this instead: http://serenesforest...showtopic=26486

Tiled is way more user-friendly than mappy, and that link even has a tutorial in it. It lays out all the tiles pretty much the way you already see them in maps, which means you can see more than just a few at a time. You can do your tile changes there, and i'm not sure if mappy does the same thing, but you can see the coordinates on your map for loading units and such. Plus a bunch of other things I can't remember at 4AM.laugh.gif

If you really want to keep using mappy, I would check to make sure you're saving and exporting your maps properly, and check to make sure you're not just overlooking your files, put them in their own file if you have to. There's no tutorials for mappy here as far as I see, but I think Blazers tutorial has a section on making maps that uses mappy.

Really though, just get tiled. Take it from someone who has seen an improvement in their work since using it.

Edited by The Smithy Gang!

• 2 weeks later...

I know this isn't actually answering your question, but you should use this instead: http://serenesforest...showtopic=26486

Tiled is way more user-friendly than mappy, and that link even has a tutorial in it. It lays out all the tiles pretty much the way you already see them in maps, which means you can see more than just a few at a time. You can do your tile changes there, and i'm not sure if mappy does the same thing, but you can see the coordinates on your map for loading units and such. Plus a bunch of other things I can't remember at 4AM.laugh.gif

If you really want to keep using mappy, I would check to make sure you're saving and exporting your maps properly, and check to make sure you're not just overlooking your files, put them in their own file if you have to. There's no tutorials for mappy here as far as I see, but I think Blazers tutorial has a section on making maps that uses mappy.

Really though, just get tiled. Take it from someone who has seen an improvement in their work since using it.

Thanks man, just finished the prologue map and it works great! About the other comment, I did check where I saved it but I can't see it unless I open it in mappy. Thanks for the advice though, I kept checking but I couldn't find it.