Most Difficult/Frustrating Fire Emblem Chapter

Esme

Which chapter, out of all the Fire Emblem games, was the most difficult for you to complete? Do you remember how many times you lost the chapter? How did you feel when you finally completed it?

For me, the most difficult chapter I've had to complete was Chapter 27 in FE7's Hard Mode. That chapter was just... ugh. I hated it so very much. I can't really remember how many times I lost to it, but I do remember barely clearing most of the enemies on the map, only to get slaughtered by Vaida and her Wyvern Rider reinforcements while my units were at their weakest. After restarting and finally beating that chapter, I stopped playing the game for a few days because I was really frustrated. .___.

So, um, yeah! Tell us all how you overcame FE's most difficult trials!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 4 in part 4 of RD is just frustrating. You have loads of reinforcements, the Sleep Staffer that'll try to stifle an approach near the northweat corner of the map, and the fact that Tormod and Vika, who are pretty much worthless at that point, are mandatory to bring in the chapter.

Edited by Metal King Slime

That chapter of FE5 with the bridge and Cyas. Whatever number it was, fuck it. Fuck it horribly.

That chapter is evil on so many levels. Cyas' appearance in chapter 17(?)A isn't too dandy either.

In Sacred Stones, Ch. 11 on Ephraims Route is Quite annoying because the enemies are compressed in a boat and the other enemies appear as reinforcements all over the map... It was quite frustrating because of the promoted monsters. I hate how the boss with his goons would come in so early. Neimi would get her *** handed to her...

In Blazing Sword, Eliwood Mode: It was battle before dawn because of Ursula hiding in her corner with Bolting. You had to do a lot of guesswork here and it was quite annoying. It was also annoying when Jaffar Kept dying!!! (It was easier in hector mode because of where she is located.)

In Path of radiance, It would Be Clash because the enemys kept coming and coming. Not to mention that Ike was prey to the sleep staff. I remember on Difficult mode, i used a rescue staff to make things easier...

In Radiant Dawn, It would be Chapter 3-7 If i were to initiate a fight with the black knight. Otherwise, It would be 4-4. In Hard Mode, Nailah was at around 1 HP when the mages had at her...

There are quite a few chapters that I really hated(note that ALL of these are based of HM, or if playing FE7, HHM):

FE6:

Chapter 7: God I hated that map. I had to face enemies from three different directions(NW, NE, and E), and on top of that, there were 3 wyvern riders with steel lances that could 2HKO every long-term unit I had except Bors(Marcus and Zealot were 3HKO'd, but I wasn't using them long term) and could avoid getting 2HKO'd by basically everybody I had. Not to mention that I have to rush Roy over to Zealot if I want Treck to live(and my Roy's usually made of glass)

Chapter 16: This chapter was fairly annoying until I learned to do two things: Put Douglas to sleep and bring two thieves. These two things make the map a lot easier.

FE7:

Chapter 23x: It's not so much I hate it as it is somewhat tedious if you don't know what your doing. Then again, it's mostly due to my units taking magic hits like little children(except for Serra and Canas.)

Chapter 28: Another map I hate, mostly due to how luck based getting to Jaffar, much less having Nino talk to him, is. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about Zefail too much, but one unlucky roll will get him killed. The thieves and Ursula's Bolting certainly don't help much.

Chapter 29: Another mage-heavy map, which means everybody except Serra, Pent, and Canas is taking severe damage(and in the case of Raven, Heath, and Sain, really couldn't fix that with Pure Water.) Also, Lloyd. He has a lot of evasion thanks to his throne, and can avoid being doubled by anybody except Guy/a very overleveled Lyn. Not to mention that he has 32 crit at melee range and you can't crit him back.

FE8:

Chapter 11B: Another one of those levels where there's shit flying everywhere and I have fairly frail units. Oh, and its FoW, so the BS factor is increased. And don't let me get started on L'Arachel unless you super rush Ephraim over to her location like I did.

Chapter 14B: This is another scrappy level for me. I remember doing this in my first FE8 playthrough and all the bullshit factors pissed me off to no end. Like multiple status staves or having to chase Rennac before he leaves.

FE8: Ephraim mode chapter 11. OMG so much BS. And of course, chapter 14, more BS. I hate status staves.

FE9: None of them are particularly difficult for me but if I had to choose, well...chapter 26.

FE10: 4-4 and 1-8, especially in drafts.

FE11: H5 No warpskip endgame and H5 chapter 1 to 3.

That one chapter with Stella and Gatrei, FE9, Maniac Mode--I remember that being a bit annoying, just because it was a lot of luck-based circumstance that was based in trying to keep Stella alive and the enemy pretty far back. Every turn was perilous, and annoying when the Killer weapons would sneak through.

FE5 chapter 4x was probably the most difficult chapter in the game for me to low turn because of the giant mob of tough Longsword armors and Fire mages right at the start. Chapter 5 is difficult to low turn because of hit rates. I warpskipped the later maps so Cyas was never a problem, but chapter 21x gave me a nice challenge in trying to figure out how to bail out 16 prisoners in 5 turns. Chapter 24x was pretty challenging because it took me a couple of hours to figure out how to 3 turn it with Eyvel recruited and everyone having escaped.

FE6 chapter 7 is frustrating because of hit rates.

FE7 chapter 28 is frustrating because of NPCs.

FE11 chapter 1 is tedious and difficult to low turn due to the lack of a healer, and the boss is a nut.

Edited by dondon151

Battle Before Dawn, FE7 on HHM. That chapter killed my first HHM run back in the day. No matter what I tried or how quickly I tried to rush someone through, Zephiel always died before I could get to him and protect him. The one time I did, someone got quickly killed soon after.

FE11 chapter 1 is tedious and difficult to low turn due to the lack of a healer, and the boss is a nut.

Ah, yes, and the lack of a map save to make a little abuse easier than restarting the entire file every time anything goes bad.

FE7: The most annoying chapter is CoD, because of the insane number of magic wielders. However it goes somehow easy if your mages have also high res. Light Branders are easy to kill with mages, Lucy may be a good one. Yet, the other non mages suffer if they don't have a good avoid :facepalm: .

FE9: Honestly, none of them.

FE11: The most annoying chapter is ch. 1. What were they thinking with this chapter? Omg, it's so shitty to see your units be 2-3HKO'd by enemies.

FE12: God! In my first play through, I accidentally went with H1, mid game chapters are tough, yet, not unbeatable. Lol, can't understand a @##~@#|·$"%&!! :facepalm:

Radiant Dawn-

3-11 Hard Mode: Probably not the hardest chapter, but the most frustrating for sure. Seriously, screw pitfalls and onagers killing Leanne when you thought she was far enough away... the least frustrating way to deal with that chapter is to just have Haar solo the whole thing. The bridge is easily my least favorite chapter in Radiant Dawn.

4-4 Hard Mode: 2 Enemies left? Sorry, you weren't fast enough and now another 30 enemies get spewed out at the bottom of the map. Just takes forever if you didn't put enough people on Ike's team, boring enemies, depressing music, most useless recruit in the game...

New Mystery-

The whole lunatic mode, really, but especially Chapter 20 with the 5 billion reinforcements and Chapter 23 with the whole group of linked glower sorcerers, meteor sorcerers and Gharnef. Isn't it fun when generic enemies have stats on par with your units, have weapons much stronger, and there are about 10 times as many of them?

Radiant Dawn-

4-4 Hard Mode: 2 Enemies left? Sorry, you weren't fast enough and now another 30 enemies get spewed out at the bottom of the map. Just takes forever if you didn't put enough people on Ike's team, boring enemies, depressing music, most useless recruit in the game...

Exactly why it's my most hated chapter in all of RD. It doesn't help that you're forced to field two worthless characters...