The worst pokemon

Fala

what's the point of having moves if chances are you will never use them, or be strong enough to even dent something with them? no matter who your fighting, whether it's another magikarp or a nonghost arceus, with flail, sandstorm, and focus sash, you will always tie the battle. just my opinion.

You're thinking of Endeavor. Endeavor can be effective with a strategy like that, but even its best user, Phanpy, isn't that good. Regardless, Magikarp can use no such strategy.

But that's not even relevant to my point, which is that Feebas is just a better version of Magikarp; Magikarp cannot possibly be considered the better of the two.

Wasn't Feebas's evolution fixed just recently?

At any rate:

All Unown knows is Hidden Power.

A simple sneeze can make a Shedinja faint.

Sableye doesn't have much going for it.

Neither does Luvdisc.

Or Swoobat.

That's basically all I can think of, really.

Shedinja has issues, but it also has uses. It takes care to be effective, usually much more care than is worth it, but it can at least do something in certain situations. Listing it next to the completely useless shit like Unown is just absurd.

Sableye definitely doesn't belong in this thread by any stretch of the imagination. It has Prankster and some great moves to use with it; it can take on even enemies as tough as Terrakion and win. It's not one of the best Pokemon by any means, but it's damn good.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is... Flail doesn't drop the opponent's HP to equal the user's. And what makes you think Magikarp's going to be doing much of anything when it's got something like 20 base attack?

Hahahahahaha! You're right! I got flail and endeavor mixed up this whole time. Kids, this is what happens when you don't get enough sleep and try to argue with educated people, and go on a one year pokemon hiatus. I'm just glad flail and endeavor are somewhat similar and I didn't get mixed up with like sand-attack or something. Honestly hope I haven't lost all credibility as a pokemon competitive battler lol.

Well that's what I get for trying to make complete garbage attempt to be useful. Oh well. My argument is invalid, and I suppose Magikarp really is the least useful. What's with all the Spinda hate though? They're actually pretty useful.

SN: WHY DID GAMEFREAK TAKE AWAY THE STEALTH ROCK TM?!?! Ever since I fell ill I haven't really focused on any games, especially the pokemon metagame. What are leads like now? Are they just full out attackers or is it still just who can set up stealth rock first?

EDIT: If I remember correctly, Shedinja was actually used in Ubers to counter Kyogre (and some other ones too I think) since it resists all their common movesets. It takes knowledge of the metagame, a lack of a sandstorm/hail, and a little luck, but if you put in Shedinja against the right mon, just swords dance and shadow sneak to victory! Please tell me I know what I'm talking about this time.

Edited by Helios

SN: WHY DID GAMEFREAK TAKE AWAY THE STEALTH ROCK TM?!?! Ever since I fell ill I haven't really focused on any games, especially the pokemon metagame. What are leads like now? Are they just full out attackers or is it still just who can set up stealth rock first?

Uhhh, I think Aerodactyl is a lead. Not sure since I don't follow anything

I have been living in understanding (i have not played gen5 competetive) that permaweather is pretty high on lead. Politoed and shit like that

EDIT: However I do know for fact that Aerodactyl is now UU speed demon with good offence instead of OU suicide lead

EDIT2: I did little (hopely accurate rescreach

-At the start Hyperoffensive was the way to goes untill likes of Grachomp, Blaziken and Exadrillhowthefuckyouwritethis went to uber tier

- Weather teams have been huge about ever since B/W competetive started.

--To the point where having Swift swim+Drizzle in the same team is banned

- Latest bans have helped hyper offensive get better again but meta is still in the making.

- Dream World abilities are trolling the game as hard as they can

Edited by Sho.M.the.Pinkie.Pie

Hahahahahaha! You're right! I got flail and endeavor mixed up this whole time. Kids, this is what happens when you don't get enough sleep and try to argue with educated people, and go on a one year pokemon hiatus. I'm just glad flail and endeavor are somewhat similar and I didn't get mixed up with like sand-attack or something. Honestly hope I haven't lost all credibility as a pokemon competitive battler lol.

Well that's what I get for trying to make complete garbage attempt to be useful. Oh well. My argument is invalid, and I suppose Magikarp really is the least useful. What's with all the Spinda hate though? They're actually pretty useful.

Well, Endeavor's not that good either, considering that you have to be at low HP for it to be useful, and unless you have Quick Attack or something, you're probably going under the next turn (or if you outspeed your opponent, the same turn you used it).

As for the side note: If you ask me, I think Game Freak stripping Stealth Rock of its TM status was a good thing. I'm not big on Gen 5 competitive, but weather seems to be all the rage these days.

Gyarados.

You what.

Magikarp I'll agree with. Or Feebas. They're both literally useless except for the fact they both evolve into something useful.

I'd say Unowns are the worst, because they don't even evolve into something good. They don't even evolve.

'm not big on Gen 5 competitive, but weather seems to be all the rage these days.
weather is pretty much a huge pain in the ass every game

Anyway I'd also say the mighty unown is the worst

nice hidden power =|

weather is pretty much a huge pain in the ass every game

I actually meant how weather teams seem to be popular nowadays.

I do remember while I was playing Black that there seems to be a lot of new pokemon abilities that activate during certain weather conditions, namely sandstorm. Plus with drizzle and drought being available in the non-uber tiers now it's no wonder they became popular. I wonder if they made hail any better though...

Oh, I thought you meant you were unsure and I was just meaning to confirm that yes, weather is everywhere.

I do remember while I was playing Black that there seems to be a lot of new pokemon abilities that activate during certain weather conditions, namely sandstorm. Plus with drizzle and drought being available in the non-uber tiers now it's no wonder they became popular. I wonder if they made hail any better though...

Hail hasn't gotten any better so far, but who knows what implications BW2 might have with Kyurem.

I think there's an ability that heals in Hail, and one that increase evasion. I'm still a huge sucker for Dry Skin, though - Water healing vs. Fire weakness, and Parasect doesn't give a crap about being weak to Fire.

I think there's an ability that heals in Hail, and one that increase evasion. I'm still a huge sucker for Dry Skin, though - Water healing vs. Fire weakness, and Parasect doesn't give a crap about being weak to Fire.

Ice Body and Snow Cloak are the abilities you're thinking about.

Right, but I remember it was kinda hard to make a team based around hail. Abomasnow is the only one who can set up "endless" hail, and Froslass and Mamoswine are really the only good pokemon to abuse it. Plus Ice is such a meh defensive typing, so you have to rely on mons that will be negatively affected by the hail.

Sandstorm is probably the easiest weather team IMO because of the abudance of good steel, ground, and rock pokemon. Scizor, Tyranitar, Lucario, and Heatran, for example, are all great mons to use without a sandstorm team, and they don't get affected by it. Then there's the new guns like Excadrill and Landorous who can gain either attack or speed in a sandstorm, and with their already high attack stats and decent movepools they just become that much better.

I don't know a whole lot about the other weather conditions, but I did make a rain dance team a while back and remember Lolicolo was actually a boss in rain. Swift Swim + rain = win.

Swift Swim + Drizzle is banned from OU down, and Excadrill is Uber. Weather is still really polarizing, though.

Hahaha of course. I knew it sounded too good to be true. What about chlorophyl and drought? Are you able to do that?

Hahaha of course. I knew it sounded too good to be true. What about chlorophyl and drought? Are you able to do that?

Yes. Also, Thundurus is banned.

Yes. Also, Thundurus is banned.

Aww. So there goes the strategy of Drizzle + Thundurous w/ Nasty Plot and Thunder = win. Gen V messed up all the balance haha.

I'd say the easiest worst would be Magikarp, but I don't have to tell all of you that.

Besides that, I'd say most of the legendaries. Let's face it, they can be brought down real quick if you have the right moves. Oh sure they can hit hard, but they're not going to stand up to Pokemon that have been trained a lot.

Besides that, I'd say most of the legendaries. Let's face it, they can be brought down real quick if you have the right moves. Oh sure they can hit hard, but they're not going to stand up to Pokemon that have been trained a lot.

This doesn't make sense. At all.

Also, I'd say Slugma and its evolution, Magcargo, are just plain awful.

Edited by Metal King Slime

I'd say the easiest worst would be Magikarp, but I don't have to tell all of you that.

That's completely illogical. That same logic applies to absolutely everything in the game, and almost universally more so than any legendary.