THUNDER! THUNDER HEAR MY CRY

Esme

So there's a storm going on right now and the thunder is so close to my house it's shaking it. And I swear to god those black clouds are watching meeee and they want to kill meeee...!

sdjbskdcjbaskdjbasld

So, um... have any of you ever experienced a REALLY bad/scary storm before?

no, but i like watching lightning fall from teh skies.

Also, a lightning strike once fell near my house... not exactly near but near enough to make the thunder almost unbearable.

we had a pretty bad storm this summer when we were at the camping.

we have everything there, TV, laptops, fridge, everything. but we had to shut everything down since those things attract lightning.

I've never seen such bad weather IRL. though my mother, who had stayed home, said it was nothing special. (she did still have TV and everything on)

that's what you get for usually having the internet to distract you from bad weather.

This reminds me of this book I barely remember called Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry that includes a metaphor for infinity.

There's a bird, a seagull perhaps. It flies along the shore. There's a great mountain of sand, perhaps higher than Everest. The gull takes a grain of sand in its beak and flies across the ocean. On the opposite shore of this ocean it deposits this single grain. It flies back and forth, grain after grain, building the mountain higher and higher. And when it is done, that is not the first day of infinity (in hell).

Pretty ho-hum book as I remember it.

Hurricane Opal back in 1995. Shit scared the hell out of me back in that night.

At least I got some days off school.

Hurricanes Frances and Ivan, both in 2004, came close.

Three hurricanes? Holy crap.

You know... as scared as I am of thunderstorms, I really want to experience a hurricane irl.

There was like this really loud thunder once when I was a kid, and it was so loud apparently that I can still remember it to this day.

Other than that, there really isn't anything interesting around where I live. :/ A tornado went through the outskirts of my town this summer, but I was in my dorm in university in another town, so I missed it.

You know... as scared as I am of thunderstorms, I really want to experience a hurricane irl.

Other than that, there really isn't anything interesting around where I live. :/ A tornado went through the outskirts of my town this summer, but I was in my dorm in university in another town, so I missed it.

=o I wanna see a tornado irl!! They're so pretty!

And they're easier to avoid than hurricanes.

Three hurricanes? Holy crap.

Been through 5-6 Hurricanes and tropical storms

And through the wall of Hurricane CHarlie.

Without whizzing my pants

How is it scary again??

I'm sorry but

it's hard to focus

when you center your posts

for no good reason

In relation to the topic the closest I've been to a bad storm was a blizzard.

It's a habit I can't help it!