Zombies Ate My Neighbors!

Caliban of Sycorax

So I'm wondering how many people have played this. It's from the early 90's, released on the Genesis and SNES consoles. It's quite elaborate for its time, with 48 levels and many bonus levels. I love this game, although I've never gotten past Level 20 -.-

So I'm just wondering if anyone's played it before and their thoughts~

Of course. You can't miss a gem like this very easily. Though I've never really played past the first boss fight. I always lose interest... never tried the genesis version, but I assume it has ass-quality music :P

(There's a level editor and a complete level-hack available if you want to try a new experience! And a prototype exists as well, but I don't think there were too many interesting changes worth a playthrough...)

I think it's a nice co-op game. Played up to about level 30 or so with a friend through ZSNES and it very fun, though hard and I can see a bad teammate driving you nuts with the way the camera works.

Several enemies are extremely durable though, there's not much you can do against the chainsaw maniacs early on other than freezing them (followed by running away from) or wasting the monster potion just to kill a few of those bastards. Also, fuck the Giant Baby, it's very unpredictable moves too damn fast.

I tried the second game and never touched it again after getting to level 5. Just... didn't feel the same.

Edited by Sirius

Of course. You can't miss a gem like this very easily. Though I've never really played past the first boss fight. I always lose interest... never tried the genesis version, but I assume it has ass-quality music :P

(There's a level editor and a complete level-hack available if you want to try a new experience! And a prototype exists as well, but I don't think there were too many interesting changes worth a playthrough...)

Actually the Genesis music is better than the SNES music. That I've found true for many of the games that are on both.

I think it's a nice co-op game. Played up to about level 30 or so with a friend through ZSNES and it very fun, though hard and I can see a bad teammate driving you nuts with the way the camera works.

Several enemies are extremely durable though, there's not much you can do against the chainsaw maniacs early on other than freezing them (followed by running away from) or wasting the monster potion just to kill a few of those bastards. Also, fuck the Giant Baby, it's very unpredictable moves too damn fast.

I tried the second game and never touched it again after getting to level 5. Just... didn't feel the same.

Fuck the baby. I agree. I collect lots of the Music Boxes and then go insane. And if I still have a Red Potion I use that too. Usually works well. And soda cans.