The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

12 hours ago, Chen said:

Just finished nier here didn't play automata

Good ones

This, this, this, and this

1 hour ago, shezzy said:

in the case of grandma and song of the ancients, they were remixed in ways that not everyone enjoyed

anyways

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EtR7EkF9vl8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufnoiz4ZCOw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=omUwwVolgrw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-s7g2dOT29E

Thanks, those are all very good.

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

is PC the true master race because you can pirate all the games you want easily? (except ones that require a constant internet connection)

Edited by Tryhard

whenever people start talking about pseudo-science regarding genes, i immediately assume the person is insane. m-muh genes.

the only place 'superior' gene theory belongs is fire emblem pairings

Edited by Tryhard

man if you ever play bloodborne again nobody, I would try a Strength/Arcane build - Arcane doesn't need to be a caster spamming the tools. Just go like 50 in one and 25 in the other in either Strength or Arcane (I don't think it makes a big difference which you put to 50 since most of what you'll use will be split damage and will level itself out) and you'll do great damage. plus it's the best suited if you want to use the Holy Moonlight Sword from Ludwig, the Tonitrus, Boom Hammer, Amygdalan Arm, Logarius' Wheel.

And of course Ludwig's Holy Blade with A arcane scaling because that weapon, please. But Holy Moonlight Sword is eventually better because it's split while putting an elemental gem in Ludwig's Holy Blade just makes it solely that element.

elemental damage is so good in bloodborne though, and having a kirkhammer with bolt damage is like your own personal Mjollnir

did you beat FE5, too? I saw you commenting on its map design

Edited by Tryhard

14 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

man if you ever play bloodborne again nobody, I would try a Strength/Arcane build - Arcane doesn't need to be a caster spamming the tools. Just go like 50 in one and 25 in the other in either Strength or Arcane (I don't think it makes a big difference which you put to 50 since most of what you'll use will be split damage and will level itself out) and you'll do great damage. plus it's the best suited if you want to use the Holy Moonlight Sword from Ludwig, the Tonitrus, Boom Hammer, Amygdalan Arm, Logarius' Wheel.

And of course Ludwig's Holy Blade with A arcane scaling because that weapon, please. But Holy Moonlight Sword is eventually better because it's split while putting an elemental gem in Ludwig's Holy Blade just makes it solely that element.

elemental damage is so good in bloodborne though, and having a kirkhammer with bolt damage is like your own personal Mjollnir

did you beat FE5, too? I saw you commenting on its map design

That sounds cool, I'll give it a try when I play BB again. I've used a bloodtinge build once, str builds twice and a quality build once, so I guess using something different would be nice. I don't quite get how arcane scalling work with regular weapons, though.

Yeah, I beat FE5 a a while ago. It was pretty good.

I still haven't, but I thought Chapter 14 would be overrated when I got to it, but I really liked it

it's a little complicated. Basically, if the weapon is a pure physical weapon, like the Saw Cleaver/Spear or Ludwig's Holy Blade, when you put a gem with a modifier such as Fire attack up +10.5%, it will convert the entire damage to fire and remove the physical Strength/Skill scaling, in the same way that if you made a Magic/Enchanted weapon in Dark Souls that now scales with your intelligence stat. In the case of Bloodborne, your arcane stat. This is mostly useful for pure arcane builds because you lose the Strength scaling you want.

In the case of "split damage" weapons, like the Tonitrus that has both physical and bolt damage, putting in a bolt gem will raise the bolt damage, but will not convert the weapon to pure bolt damage. In this case, you would preferably use "Nourishing" gems that give a bonus to all forms of attack, and this would boost both the Strength scaling/physical damage and the bolt damage of the weapon that is already scaling with arcane at the same time. So if you had like 3 Nourishing Gems with +20% all attack on all of them (which I don't think is possible but is just easier for me to say), for the Holy Moonlight Sword at +10 you should have this AR at 25 Str/50 Arc.

180 + 83 (Physical Damage)
100 + 85 (Arcane)

you will then get from the gems

180 + 83 = 263 * 1.2 * 1.2 * 1.2 = 454 Physical Damage
100 + 85 = 185 * 1.2 * 1.2 * 1.2 = 319 Arcane Damage

and it will function the same way as a split damage weapon from Dark Souls, except you will gain really great bonuses from fire damage against beasts, and bolt weapons against kin/aliens especially. "Serrated" weapons like the Saw Spear also gain 20% damage bonus against beasts, making a Fire Saw Spear one of the best weapons for DPS against beast enemies.

other people explain it in more detail but that's the gist of it.

the earliest you can get an elemental weapon is after Blood Starved Beast, though. You can either farm some of the radial fire gems from enemies in the first chalice dungeon with flaming weapons on layer 2, or you can kill the brainsucker at the bottom of the healing church workshop through the door in cathedral ward. he drops a waning (crescent) fire gem, and if you have a +6 weapon with the proper slot you can put that in, like a saw cleaver. when you get that the game becomes pretty easy for a while because of how strong it is and fire is OP. Of course, the Saw cleaver/spear are pure physical weapons so if you are going Strength/Arcane you may want to replace them with something else like the Tonitrus that are split damage weapons that also scale well with Strength when you can.

Fire basically gives you very good damage against beasts, Bolt is good against kin/aliens/ayylmaos, and Arcane is generally the most rare type that is good against humanoid enemies and Pthumerian enemies mostly found in chalice dungeons.

The downside to arcane builds is that elemental/nourishing gems are pretty rare in the main game and you'll probably need to do chalice dungeons to get yourself something really good, but they are good enough to beat the game without those top tier gems. There is also +strength scaling and +arcane scaling gems that are very good, but I'm not sure what would be the best myself.

So basically - 25/50 Strength/Arcane (or 50/50 if you go high enough, or 50 Strength/25 Arcane, all of them work) primarily should be using split damage weapons, pure arcane builds primarily use pure physical weapons converted to elemental damage and normally go to higher levels of arcane (70-99) because of the really good scaling the hunter tools have even after 50 Arcane. Skill/Arcane is generally worse, because it has fewer options like the Burial Blade or Blades of Mercy.

People always linked this resource for gem hunting, but it's somewhat useless if you just want to get through the game naturally, of course:
http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html

Edited by Tryhard

Thanks, that makes sense. It sounds more practical than bloodtinge as well. Only time I used magic on any souls game was my first playthrough of 1, in which i used a pyromancer, but it works differently from other sorts of magic. 

People say arcane sucks early but you can still use it earlier than Bloodtinge lol, which pretty much relies on you beating the boss of Cainhurst or getting Simon's Bowblade or Bloodletter from the DLC.

A cool few things about arcane is that molotovs scale with it. Molotovs can easily make the first few bosses including BSB easier, especially with oil urns. And it affects item drop rate (discovery), which is nice too. You can also get the Flamesprayer after Gascoigne from Gilbert, and if you upgrade that and use oil urns/bone marrow ash that can also destroy BSB and Amelia. That all said, generally raising your vitality early to 20-25 is always a good idea and you don't need the arcane/strength immediately.

Bloodtinge was pretty much me saving points and putting a few into skill and vitality before I beat Martyr Logarius, and then being kind of disappointed with the Chikage. Bloodtinge seems more like a PvP thing. Speaking of which, he's a pretty hard fight with pure arcane because he has high resistances, but really he's like the only boss that's especially problematic.

The hunter tools with 99 arcane are pretty insane and destroy bosses, but at 50 they aren't bad either and can be used as utility instead of being a quote "caster". You can basically play like a melee hybrid that uses elemental damage.

Edited by Tryhard