• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Rando, who's your second favorite FF4 character?

It'd have to be Theodore, because of his really tragic backstory and the role he plays once he and his secrets are revealed. I can't say anything more than that without major spoilers. I already spoiled a lot by telling you his existance and childhood (though since you asked, I guess that's okay).

For those who have played FFIV, don't say anything more about him so it's not spoiled for ZM.

Edited by Randoman

It'd have to be Theodore, because of his really tragic backstory and the role he plays once he and his secrets are revealed. I can't say anything more than that without major spoilers. I already spoiled a lot by telling you his existance and childhood (though since you asked, I guess that's okay).

For those who have played FFIV, don't say anything more about him so it's not spoiled for ZM.

I see...now I want to see what this guy's like.

Really? Haven't you ever danced a bit while holding your pee in since you needed to go that badly?

Oh, I thought you meant actually DANCE. It's more like fidgeting your legs or wrapping them together. Other than that, no

I see...now I want to see what this guy's like.

Don't worry. You will. It's a shame that I'll be gone from vacation by the time you likely reach that part, so I won't be able to see your live reactions to the Theodore reveal. I still want you to post your reaction to the reveal in our PM once you do reach that part though. I remember that being a really epic and shocking moment for me as a kid.

Who was Theodore again.

I'll explain it, but don't say anything spoilerish after I do since it'll ruin the story for ZM:

Theodore is Golbez before he became possessed by Zemus (it was officially revealed in FFIV DS). I refer to him as Theodore constantly, so ZM isn't spoiled by who Golbez really is.

Oh, I thought you meant actually DANCE. It's more like fidgeting your legs or wrapping them together. Other than that, no

I guess I shouldn't have called it dancing in my thread. You're not the only one that got the wrong impression from me calling it dancing.

Edited by Randoman

To Jprebs (FFIV spoilers):

Glad you edited it out. I just hope ZM didn't read it, now thinking Edward is Cecil's older brother who abandoned him in the wild when he was only an infant. I spoiled that part for ZM since he requested me to explain Cecil's childhood. I explained everything to him regarding that except that Cecil's father is a Lunarian (I just said Kluya came from a long line of inventors and teachers) and that Theodore became Golbez (since that'd spoil way too much of the story).

Edited by Randoman

I'll explain it, but don't say anything spoilerish after I do since it'll ruin the story for ZM:

Theodore is Golbez before he became possessed by Zemus (it was officially revealed in FFIV DS). I refer to him as Theodore constantly, so ZM isn't spoiled by who Golbez really is.

Oh.

Yeah, see, Golbez wasn't even called Theodore in the GBA version, which is what I have.

Don't worry. You will. It's a shame that I'll be gone from vacation by the time you likely reach that part, so I won't be able to see your live reactions to the Theodore reveal. I still want you to post your reaction to the reveal in our PM once you do reach that part though. I remember that being a really epic and shocking moment for me as a kid.

Alright, will do. :)

These spoilers must be driving you crazy ZM. Do you want to start up another side conversation, so it's not all spoilers you can't read?

Oh.

Yeah, see, Golbez wasn't even called Theodore in the GBA version, which is what I have.

You've only played the GBA version, huh?

In that case, you probably don't know Theodore's backstory, huh? It's only explained in the DS version. Here's the rundown I gave ZM:

Alright, here it goes. Cecil's father Kluya was a person who was exceptionally skilled with magic and technology. KluYa and his bloodline and relatives actually invented many things, like the airships and the Serpent Road, and were great teachers, especially when it came to magic. In Baron, he met his wife Cecillia there and Cecil's older brother Theodore (a name meaning a gift from the gods) was born a year later. Kluya eventually settled down and lived in Baron and taught the people there magic. Theodore was also taught magic, and although he was weak with white magic and couldn't even cast cure, he showed great talent in Black Magic. Later on Cecillia became pregnant with Cecil (Cecil was actually named after his mother) and Theodore received the news with great joy, being excited at the thought of being an older brother. Later on, the people that Kluya taught magic to, started using it for selfish purposes, and even used it to kill Kluya. Theodore was shocked and saddened by this, and even tried casting Cure on Kluya during his last moments, but to no avail. Before dying, Kluya questioned his decision to teach those people magic, but Theodore calmed and assured him before he died saying that Kluya did no wrong and that it was the decision of those people to misuse their magic, not his. During Cecil's birth, Cecillia suffered great pain and ended up dying, but Cecil was successfully delivered. Now, Theodore had no family left but Cecil. The townspeople were accomodating to Theodore's situation and helped him greatly. Though one day, when it was just Theodore and Cecil in the house, a voice whispered to Theodore about how tragic his situation was, and how Cecil was an insect and the root of all his suffering. The voice mentioned that if Cecil was never born, his mother would still be alive and that Theodore wouldn't be so alone. Theodore fought so hard trying to push away those voices and thoughts, but eventually gave into them. Theodore took Cecil out of the house and carried him out into the forests filled with monsters, and left him there to be devoured by them. Nobody in Baron found out about his deeds, but eventually Theodore became so guilt ridden with what he did that he couldn't bring himself to face another person ever again, and fled from humanity, where he was never seen for the longest time. During the King of Baron's travels across the country, he actually came across the infant Cecil and decided to bring him in and raise him as his own.

That's all that ZM knows about Theodore. That, and the fact that he shows up in FFIV later on (since he asked me and wanted to know), so don't spoil anything more for him.

Edited by Randoman

These spoilers must be driving you crazy ZM. Do you want to start up another side conversation, so it's not all spoilers you can't read?

You've only played the GBA version, huh?

In that case, you probably don't know Theodore's backstory, huh? It's only explained in the DS version. Here's the rundown I gave ZM:

Alright, here it goes. Cecil's father Kluya was a person who was exceptionally skilled with magic and technology. KluYa and his bloodline and relatives actually invented many things, like the airships and the Serpent Road, and were great teachers, especially when it came to magic. In Baron, he met his wife Cecillia there and Cecil's older brother Theodore (a name meaning a gift from the gods) was born a year later. Kluya eventually settled down and lived in Baron and taught the people there magic. Theodore was also taught magic, and although he was weak with white magic and couldn't even cast cure, he showed great talent in Black Magic. Later on Cecillia became pregnant with Cecil (Cecil was actually named after his mother) and Theodore received the news with great joy, being excited at the thought of being an older brother. Later on, the people that Kluya taught magic to, started using it for selfish purposes, and even used it to kill Kluya. Theodore was shocked and saddened by this, and even tried casting Cure on Kluya during his last moments, but to no avail. Before dying, Kluya questioned his decision to teach those people magic, but Theodore calmed and assured him before he died saying that Kluya did no wrong and that it was the decision of those people to misuse their magic, not his. During Cecil's birth, Cecillia suffered great pain and ended up dying, but Cecil was successfully delivered. Now, Theodore had no family left but Cecil. The townspeople were accomodating to Theodore's situation and helped him greatly. Though one day, when it was just Theodore and Cecil in the house, a voice whispered to Theodore about how tragic his situation was, and how Cecil was an insect and the root of all his suffering. The voice mentioned that if Cecil was never born, his mother would still be alive and that Theodore wouldn't be so alone. Theodore fought so hard trying to push away those voices and thoughts, but eventually gave into them. Theodore took Cecil out of the house and carried him out into the forests filled with monsters, and left him there to be devoured by them. Nobody in Baron found out about his deeds, but eventually Theodore became so guilt ridden with what he did that he couldn't bring himself to face another person ever again, and fled from humanity, where he was never seen for the longest time. During the King of Baron's travels across the country, he actually came across the infant Cecil and decided to bring him in and raise him as his own.

That's all that ZM knows about Theodore. That, and the fact that he shows up in FFIV later on (since he asked me and wanted to know), so don't spoil anything more for him.

Sure thing, dude. And I don't mind the spoilers. I'm just not clicking on them, lol.

Laptop for once- Oh yeah, how would you change your theme then. lol

I'm sure it's fine, I hardly use it considering that we don't have DSL or whatever is hip and happening. It must have been because I was running Chantelise with Firefox and Steam running.