The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

solid, hyped as hell to learn more languages so I'm taking Spanish. Math is my worst subject and that holds true already though :/

My school has about 4 floors, but I'm pretty lucky as hell. I enter the school through the basement and I have to go to the top floor immediately, but I stay there until lunch.

lunch is cool as usual, I have the 1st lunch period with everyone I know and the food is weirdly good.

in general though, it's less terrifying than I was expecting, most of the upperclassmen are on good terms with me. Appreciate the interest btw <3

Glad to hear high school is treating you well. First period lunch is good. All the good food is still there and hot. I had the last lunch period as a senior, and they ran out of the good stuff half the time. During my high school years, it seems I had to go from one end of the school to the other from one class to the next, more often than not, but luckily, my locker was close to the middle of the school. But on the plus side, I didn't have to a carry a billion books that way.

And now I realize that I was in high school when you were born. I remember I was taking a Physics test when 9/11 happened.

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

And now I realize that I was in high school when you were born. I remember I was taking a Physics test when 9/11 happened.

I remember being in English class, they turned off all the lights(?) so we could watch the tv

And then I had bad timing for something... it was a really bad time to remember a really funny joke.

I remember I was taking a Physics test when 9/11 happened.

I saw the news on the TVs at the college cafeteria after getting out of Biblical Tradition class, IIRC. We'd had a special seminar in one of the banquet rooms instead of our normal location for one reason or another.

But a lot of the time you don't have to, you can just fuse together two pieces of knowledge you already have to get what you need.

but i need to find out HOW to fuse the knowledge first, i don't know the pattern for fusing

i've carved some kind of anti-savestate mentality into me so i feel shame whenever i use them. i am a shameful woman

speaking of which, i think to myself sometimes "what's the point of doing this if i'm not good at it" but i know that's a wrong way to think but i cannot help but think it. like so with driving which i absolutely hate and i don't want to do yesterday over again just put me up as jobless, incompetent, and lacking

well, at least you can touhou

uh, yesterday, i was practicing driving with my dad. i was kinda feeling out of it but i wanted to practice every week for """self-improvement"""" (lol as if) and let me map out this situation

uraTbx.png

the car on the top was stopped before me so i decided to turn and apparently it wasn't ok and it just made me extremely frustrated for the rest of the session and i kept fucking up and at the end my dad was like "what's wrong with you"

i didn't want to cry but i did anyway because i'm a little shit. and my parents told me that it wasn't okay to cry. which just made me more frustrated. fuck idk

Whoa, do you have that?

That seems terrible.

I can't imagine what it's like not even being able to communicate fully properly with your own parents.

well i know conversational chinese, but not hardcore deep chinese

i can probably understand half of a tv drama, give or take

and in the 10+ years they've been in america, they HAVE NOT learned proper english

which is actually mind-baffling

well i know conversational chinese, but not hardcore deep chinese

i can probably understand half of a tv drama, give or take

and in the 10+ years they've been in america, they HAVE NOT learned proper english

which is actually mind-baffling

Well, I live next to a Vietnamese family and I know the children speak Dutch and the father does too, but it's really hard to understand him when he does. It's just pretty bad. The mother doesn't speak Dutch though.

I wonder how good the children are at Vietnamese?

Having a language barrier with your parents sucks.

I'm sorry to hear about that, Chen. :(

Also, I already feel guilty going on vacation in a country without speaking the language; I can't even imagine how you can live for years in a country without speaking the language.

Edited by Hattusili the Egg

Well, I live next to a Vietnamese family and I know the children speak Dutch and the father does too, but it's really hard to understand him when he does. It's just pretty bad. The mother doesn't speak Dutch though.

I wonder how good the children are at Vietnamese?

Having a language barrier with your parents sucks.

I'm sorry to hear about that, Chen. :(

Also, I already feel guilty going on vacation in a country without speaking the language; I can't even imagine how you can live for years in a country without speaking the language.

it's like playing a game and still being bad at it after years!

i think i've gotten used to it, just that me and my brother

can't convey uh, DEEP, emotions to them.

i'd just feel like a LANGUAGE SECONDARY...

it's like playing a game and still being bad at it after years!

i think i've gotten used to it, just that me and my brother

can't convey uh, DEEP, emotions to them.

i'd just feel like a LANGUAGE SECONDARY...

It sounds like it's still very :(, even though you do get used to it after some time, I guess.

Does it hinder you much that you can't convey DEEP emotions to them?

A secondary, huh? That reminds me of some lame joke I still need to make from when I was on vacation in Greece...

I'm sorry to hear about the fight with your parents. The only times I really had fights with mine was when my mom got drunk and said hurtful things to me. That's the main reason I don't really drink.

I hope I'm a good parent to my kids.

Yeah, when I was traveling in Europe many years ago, I knew German well enough to hold conversations and French well enough to have a very basic understanding. If I were to live there, I'd definitely work on it, more, but almost a decade of disuse has withered my foreign language skills. I wish I was better at learning foreign languages.

I can't even imagine how you can live for years in a country without speaking the language.

It's way easier than you'd think. I don't recommend it, as it's really a terribly idea, but I did it myself so I can't blame others who do it.