The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

I've been working a lot with british textbooks as well, and also the english version of the eurocode, but I haven't had any problem with the units I guess for engineering and academic areas you use the international system?

• Replies 180.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Scientifically, almost always the metric system - volumes, distances, weights.

For more practical use, we use things like miles/MPH instead of kilometers. Some cars still have fuel in gallons, though it more common for them to be in litres (british spelling) now. Height is feet and inches. Weights of objects are generally metric, but food in shops can be labelled with both. Weights of people are weighed generally in kilograms by doctors, but in most everyday use, most people use stones (14 pounds) and pounds. Pints are... pints, but only for drinks like beer or milk. Most is in litres. 

So yeah, it isn't exactly consistent.

I don't even know how many inches are in a foot (i meant yard only, in inches or feet) yard without looking it up.

Edited by Tryhard

I see tonton is ready to engage on the clever Media Create thread discussions, such as where MH5 will be or whether a couple means exactly two or more than that

43 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

So yeah, it isn't exactly consistent.

Sounds confusing tbh

as long as the scientific units are the international ones, it's okay to work with, though.

Edited by Nobody

9 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I see tonton is ready to engage on the clever Media Create thread discussions, such as where MH5 will be or whether a couple means exactly two or more than that.

Media create threads are the best

I'll probably just have a couple of posts when there's a game that interests me

Edited by Tonton

"Liberals are NEVER going to win, they will come VERY CLOSE, but they will NEVER win. People are pissed off at the liberals for pushing agendas after agendas down their throats, first its the gays, then its the trans, then its censoring of language, siding with the terrorists everytime. People have had enough of faux liberalism."

first its the gays, then its the trans

the game in question being dragon quest heroes 2, which has not received a horrible score from western reviewers as per most warrior games

I'm not super familiar with dragon quest but it's more JRPG style with classes and it looks pretty good

came out last month and I didn't know about it

another good game in 2017, and Tekken 7 was coming out in a few days and I forgot about it

Edited by Tryhard