The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

most of the "ally" countries were far more scared of stalin than they were of hitler outside of like, winston churchill, and for more or less good reason

that said, very few people defend stalin now, the one I don't get is how many Chinese people still have reverence for Mao Zedong even though his actions would make him the biggest killer in human history

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

it turns out whenever i see something stupid coming from a extreme of the political spectrum, i'm soon showered with something stupid coming from the other extreme, reminding me why i'm such a centrist

pPqCLS9.png

"conservative rio

Was the military dictatorship really as bad as the left says? Watch and see what who lived through it says"

someone i have on facebook just shared this =/

Well, I think Dies Irae really takes a lot of very high literature and makes it very accessible. See, if Dies Irae were just a reenactment of Wagner's Ring Cycle, that alone would be impressive, but not truly mind-blowing. However, it actually encompasses so many other works and retells so many great stories. Dante's Inferno, Faust (Opera), and most importantly, the Odyssey.

Honestly, this is what Visual Novels seem to do way better than other mediums-- combine romance with another genre. This, in my opinion, makes them superior romances to "romance" novels, which are so obsessively focused on the pairing/relationships that the reality and context for them is shoddy.

In particular, Comyu and Seiken no Inganock do this amazingly well-- the romances are essential to the story without /becoming/ the story. Inganock's romantic conclusion is outside of the visual novel so you have to read the followup stuff for it, but it is completely worth it. Comyu's grand finale is absolutely perfect (there are a lot of good romances throughout).

Sadly, while Dies Irae is very good, the romance is never really enough of a focus, the story is much more about friendship-- its most powerful scene is easily a scene about the depth of a friendship between two young men and their role in each other's life. Few scenes across many top visual novels will rival it and it is very authentic.

i like it when my desk back wheel breaks, throwing everything on it including my monitor off it because it's now heavily slanted and I have to spend an hour fetching a piece of wood to hold it up now and using a knife to recorrect pins in my speakers plug because of course that broke too