• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Chen said:

No one's going to care about Grimoire being a real RPG because nobody can recognize real RPGs anymore. When people think of RPGs nowadays they think of games like Fallout and Mass Effect. They wouldn't know a real RPG if it bit them on the ass, which is why you got journalists calling everything that's hard (to them, of course) "roguelikes". While real RPGs like Grimoire and Starcrawler are bashed for their "old-school" trappings, games like Tyranny and Persona 5 are lauded as pinnacles of the genre.

lol if we're talking fallout 1 & 2 they were the rpgiest of rpgs, it's the latest ones that deviated from that

plus fallout 2 had the best unused icon for the trait "childkiller" ever

873fe314ba.png

This image was unused and the only Vault Boy image to ever be cut from Fallout 2. (I'm sure you can figure out why) I remember when I got the request to do a perk illustration for "Child Killer" that there would be no way to keep in from being offensive. I mean really! How do you make an illustration of "child killer" and keep it from being offensive? Anyway for some reason, I thought this was the least offensive way to do it. I have no idea what I was thinking. Even the designer who requested it realized it was a bad idea, so we fixed it. Looking back on it now, I can't believe I drew this.

Brian Menze on The Vault

and tyranny I heard was not bad either

I looked up that Grimoire and it looked good though, I never did play a Wizardry game.

Edited by Tryhard

In your Indiegogo pitch, you speak of your perfectionist trait that you ascribe to your "Neanderthal genes". Do you see this kind of perfectionism as a threat to the target release date of May 2013? How do you make sure the game does not end up being delayed again? And most importantly, how would you convince people that it is for real this time?

If you get a chance, ask your scienmagists about the lovingly drawn ‘thal cave paintings of the spotted horses. Ask them how wild horses could have those spots when that is a recessive trait specifically associated with domestication. Horses with spots are night blind which is a great trait if you are in a stable after sundown. Ask your scienmagists, tell them your crazy Neanderthal buddy is an inquiring mind and the rodeo clown wants to know. I reckon the spotted horse alone blows apart 400 years of Sapiens scienmajistics in five seconds. Stupid Enkidu, always peeing in the scienmajistic punch bowl.

to be honest I want to buy the game just to see how insane it is

(and yes, it's been in development for over 20 years by this one guy)

Edited by Tryhard

>guy gets hired as editor for company
>bitches about them on the daily and tells people not to buy their games
>company doesn't hire him again
>bitches about them not hiring him, tells people to not buy their games because he isn't editing it

i wonder...

If there's something that unites all human beings regardless of political beliefs, religion, nationality, ethnicity, gender or whatever is liking to complain. Complaining is what defines humanity.

3 hours ago, Tryhard said:

going back to get some persona hate bait I see

it's just a self-defense mechanism

people won't mock you for enjoying something if you enjoy that thing ironically