The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Gunblade is pretty cool though... Do you hate Lightning's gunblade as well?

Also, Kefka was fine, and I don't even like Kefka. I'm an Emperor guy.

Also also, Secret of Mana is so easy, how on earth do you struggle? The worst(stretching it here) thing about that game is the grind for new spells

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve slept a grand total of 4 hours this weekend so far, and none of those were on the past 30 hours. GG me.

busiest i’ve been since I’ve finished university tho. Better tgan doing nothing.

There's a lot of reasons for it, but it's basically a remake where the original creator was intentionally kept away from the game so Bluepoint had to make some design decisions irregardless of the original devs, which meant they had to re-interpret the source material, resulting in some ...odd changes with the final game.

The criticism is a bit hard to find on Era, where anti-bluepoint talk was kept hush hush, but it's there if you look for it.
As i've said before, Bluepoint needs to stay away from games considered art, so I hope the next remake doesn't fall into that category, so these shenanigans don't happen again

"games considered art"

shouldn't they all be or none of them - its not like you dont have postmodernist art

9 hours ago, Soledai said:

Gunblade is pretty cool though... Do you hate Lightning's gunblade as well?

they're both pretty dumb even if lightning's folds out, but the handle on squall's just seals it for me

though rinoa firing a dog on an arm cannon is something too

Edited by Tryhard

3 minutes ago, shezzy said:

games have designs

games have music 

games have story 

you can argue that all these things in games are super shitty but you can’t refute that they are there.

games are art. 

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" ~ Roger Ebert

2 minutes ago, Tonton said:

Bigger in scope than SotC tho

I saw that, but then I imagine it's something like MGS1

I have a hard time believing they would remake a PS3 game instead of remastering or porting it

2 minutes ago, Tonton said:

Bigger in scope than SotC tho

I have a hard time believing they would remake a PS3 game instead of remastering or porting it

4 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

DeS looks buttugly tho

4 minutes ago, shezzy said:

though imo the biggest artistic value to games is how the elements like story gameplay and atmosphere mix together more so than any such being particularly strong, because we’ll never have better stories than books, better music than classics, etc etc 

But video game music is the best kind of music ?

and as much as people want to play up demon's souls

it's not as good as people remember it being having played it recently

it was a new type of project from a fledgling studio who weren't used to doing those types of games yet but it remained niche and many people still think the series started with dark souls

there's already going to be Dark Souls 1 Remastered, 2, 3 and Bloodborne available on modern consoles. Demon's Souls, while interesting, doesn't exactly have the same polish or quality that later games had (even DS2 memes)

Edited by Tryhard

2 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

honestly i'd just prefer they make demon's souls 2

Why they already 3 other demon souls but without being ps exclusive

I want any new projects to be multiplat

7 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

and as much as people want to play up demon's souls

it's not as good as people remember it being having played it recently

it was a new type of project from a fledgling studio who weren't used to doing those types of games yet but it remained niche and many people still think the series started with dark souls

there's already going to be Dark Souls 1 Remastered, 2, 3 and Bloodborne available on modern consoles. Demon's Souls, while interesting, doesn't exactly have the same polish or quality that later games had (even DS2 memes)

Yeah but I didn't play Demon's I gotta experience it for myself

i don't think anyone could know, it could be a remake of Gex for all we know

I saw people throwing around the idea of it being Demon's Souls with the sixth broken archstone - that could be cool, considering the game felt short to me. The only thing I would say is that I don't expect any new Bloodborne or Souls games soon because it looked like that teaser was for a Tenchu game that From showed off last, so it could very well be to fill the hole in development for 2019.

bluepoint did a very good job with SotC though, so I imagine whatever they do will be good.

Edited by Tryhard

12 minutes ago, shezzy said:

these soul threads have gotten out of hand 

where did that 17 year old girl go who kept making threads about her boobs 

we need that quality back 

when did this happen lol