Calvary Promotion

What level should I promote L'Arachel? I don't think it's plausible to wait until level 20, and her main function will be healing anyway, which really doesn't require that high a magic stat to make a good hearler. I was thinking like level 12 or so before I promote her.

Franz and Forde strike me as more of the Paladin types, while Kyle seems more like a Great Knight. Don't ask me why.

I always make Amelia a General. (Do Great Knights start with better Axe skill than Generals?)

Edit: Yes they do; Generals start with E in axes, while Great Knights start with D. And Generals also get a bonus to their Lance skill that makes it pretty much impossible to equip them with Lances without getting them S-rank in lances.

My main axe user is usually Ross as a Berserker, though.

Edited by Paper Jam

Err, what about Kyle n Forde? I didn't see anyone say anything about them. I'm just wondering if you're planning on using them. (If you aren't already.)

Franz and Forde strike me as more of the Paladin types, while Kyle seems more like a Great Knight. Don't ask me why.

I ended up promoting both Kyle and Forde to Great Knight. Franz and Amelia are Paladins. I wanted to keep the ration equal, 3 Paladins and 3 Great Knights(the other Paladin is Seth and the other GK is Duessel). I chose Kyle for GK because he has intense strength. Franz is a paladin because... Well I didn't want a Great Knight that early, I thought I'd do better with a Paladin. Amelia it didn't really matter, same with Forde. Those two are kinda par compared to Franz, Kyle, and Seth.

I always make Amelia a General. (Do Great Knights start with better Axe skill than Generals?)

Edit: Yes they do; Generals start with E in axes, while Great Knights start with D. And Generals also get a bonus to their Lance skill that makes it pretty much impossible to equip them with Lances without getting them S-rank in lances.

My main axe user is usually Ross as a Berserker, though.

This is for a cavalry only run, so Amelia had to go Cavalier and then either Paladin or Great Knight. I usually make her a General as well, but Generals don't ride ponies :P

Ross is usually my premier axe user as well, but again, Ross doesn't have a horse. Although, seeing Kyle own with axes is changing my thought about GKs.

You mentioned using L'arachel, since she is technically mounted, and Lute and Ewan can also promote to Mage Knight under the right circumstances.

Sure, they don't start off mounted, but then neither does Amelia.

With that logic, so can Natasha and Gilliam. But I decided to include Amelia because her 1st tier could be a Cavalier. So I went ahead and used her. L'Arachel isn't technically a cavalier, but I wanted a healer. And she happened to be on a horse. Although Lute would have been a much better Mage Knight.

Edit: I could have also been using Eirika and Ephraim this whole time. But that would just be too easy.

Edited by StinDuh

• 4 weeks later...

I usually go:

Franz: Paladin

Forde: Paladin

Amelia: Paladin (Occasional General)

Kyle: Great Knight

Gilliam: Great Knight (Varies, sometimes I feel like general)

However, Gilliam isn't a cavalier, so I doubt he counts.