Does having a map in a cutscene counts as a chapter?

BlackSoulou

Alright, here's the situation: I have a cutscene with a visible map. Does it mean I need to edit events as if it were a completely different chapter, meaning I'd have the cutscene overwrite the prologue and start the actual prologue at chapter one? And if not, where do I get to insert the cutscene map?

There's a code called LOMA that allows you to load maps other than the specific map for that chapter.

Using Maps for Scenes

Sometimes, scenes in the openings and endings of chapters occur on maps that aren't the chapter's map. This is done with a simple event code, LOMA.

LOMA ChapterID [XX,YY]

LOMA's coordinates are actually a built-in CAM1 (which is quite handy). LOMA stands for LOad MAp, and (as you've probably guessed) it loads a specified map. The first parameter, ChapterID, specifies the map to be loaded. So why is it called "ChapterID?" Well, LOMA loads maps based on the chapter they're associated with. Let's say I wanted to load Chapter 7's map (for some reason). The map value in the Chapter Data Editor is 0x26, but that's useless to LOMA.

668d203d6aadcc4b17b63a35fa9c5aa6.png

To load Ch7's map, we'd use 0x07 for our ChapterID.

Once the scene with your map is finished, if you need to load the chapter's map then use LOMA again with the correct ChapterID value.

That's from Arch's tutorial ^^

I.e. you need to make a chapter, with just that map in it, and when you use LOMA it'll switch it for you. Then use LOMA again to go back to the prologue or w/e.

A sidenote is that you need to use the Chapter ID instead so it knows what object set and palette and such to load. :P

Edited by Jubby

Note to everyone: Finish reading the tutorial and the manual before you ask a question, lest you are subject to my ridicule as I screenshot the tutorial and smack you over the head with it.