charcters that might go in the new super smash bros

xblade

now just like melee there will probably be some elminations now the chacrters that defintly will stay are

the first twelve charcters which include

mario

dk

link

fox

yoshi

luigi

pikachu

jigglypuff (ugh)

samus

kirby

captain falcon

ness

the 95% chance of the melee charcters staying will be

bowser, ganndorf, zelda, peach, marth, mr lame and watch, falco (that, pretty much all of them except ice climbers)

brawl characters that might be staying

diddy kong, wario, pit, meta knight, zero suit, snake, soni, ike. the rest of the charcters have good chance of getitng kicked out just like roy:( and that also might include wolf :( mostly because they are not popular enough or they have many other different options to chose from.

now to be honest i had a long hard think about who could be in the next super smash

1 2 or maybe even 3 sonic characters which the most likely canidates would be tails knuckels shadow or eggman, someone new from earthbound, king k rool is a highly popualr idea, 2 or 3 new pokemon cause there is so many to chose from, waluigi, 1 or 2 fire emblem characters possibly one from blazing sword and radient dawn, a metroid charcter which is probably not ridley cause he is too big and was also a boss in brawl, crystal from starfox, bowser jr. gray fox, black shadow or blood falcon from f-zero and possibly a couple more mario characters

thoughts?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Ice Climbers got kicked out, I'd be really surprised, considering they are really popular characters in the smash bros games.

Also, I doubt they would add in anymore sonic characters, though it is possible they could if Nintendo and Sega are still contracted or whatever. And even if they did, they would probably just add in one more character, and it would hopefully be Tails, if anyone.

I think we should be more likely to expect a dragon quest character to show up in Smash if they were to add in anymore third party characters.

This has been really discussed to death and nobody can find any certainly about this. :/:

That said, I'll pretty much guarantee that every character from Smash 64 and all the ones that made the transition from Melee to Brawl will make it.

I would hate it if they put Krystal she's a furry :facepalm:

new pokemon I hope Victini and Pichu. Donkey Kong will probably have a new character Tiny is my favorite Kong but they'll add Diddy's girlfriend or the Crocodile king.

And none of the characters you mention in the second paragraph, along with Bowser Jr. technically, aren't furry characters :huh:

Edited by Blademaster!

I'm really confident that the 20 veterans from Melee that returned to Brawl (Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Ice Climbers, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, and Ganondorf) will make it in (at least they better, seeing how it wouldn't make much sense to remove them).

As for newcomers in Brawl, the only ones I'm confident are getting cut are Toon Link (and good riddance, unless he's reduced to an alternate costume, which I'll accept) and Lucario (which I hope he doesn't, since there's too much 1st Gen as it is). Ones that might get cut are Pokemon Trainer, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, and the 3rd parties.

As for new characters, Sakurai heavily implied that Mega Man is in, so he'll likely be in. Toad will probably be in as well, especially since it'd follow the pattern that Nintendo followed regarding the poll (from the time of the original Smash Bros.) asking what Mario characters were wanted in the next Smash Bros., which were (starting from most wanted) Bowser, Peach, Wario, then Toad. Zoroark and Krom will likely be replacing Lucario and Ike (similar to how the latter replaced Mewtwo and Roy). Krystal and Ridley will probably make it in, due to the demand for their inclusion for both SSBB and the upcoming Smash Bros. A Xenoblade character might make it in as well, seeing how Monolith Soft is now a 1st Party company for Nintendo. Takamaru will probably be included to represent the retro series (due to his popularity as a retro character), especially seeing how he has a new game coming out for the 3DS (paradox statement, I know).

Besides those newcomers, I can't really think of any other candidates that will likely make it into the new Smash Bros. I suppose all we can do in the meantime (especially since development hasn't even begun yet) is trust Sakurai to make good character roster choices (he likely won't make bad and redundant character choices like he did with Melee's Pichu, Young Link, and Dr. Mario).

There is no such thing as redundant characters. Dr. Mario/Mario look similar but dont play the same. Same with the other melee "clones".

As for who can go, I predict Ike for Krom. Toon Link for Young Link again (OoT 3DS). And, possibly Ghirahim will be in the game.

There is no such thing as redundant characters. Dr. Mario/Mario look similar but dont play the same. Same with the other melee "clones".

No redundancy by competitive standards, sure. But in casual play, the differences aren't really enough to set them apart.

My beef with those clones has more to do with how it practically gives a character two roster spots, which is really unfair and unoriginal. I'm also not fond of Toon Link in Brawl for the same reason. Falco and Ganondorf in both Melee and Brawl I'm okay with, since Falco is a completely separate character from Fox in his own game universe and Ganondorf, well, he's not even in the same game universe as his original (Captain Falcon). If Dr. Mario, Young/Toon Link, and Pichu become alternate costumes instead, I'll be more than okay with that.

I think next Smash Bros., Roy again and all the Brawl remain, but I think Toon Link might bereplaced by Young Link in Majora's Mask (ever wondered what Final Smash it? Probablyhe would be using the Fiercy Deity Mask ). Snake and Sonic have many chances tocontinue, I think the character is going to be Lindys "new" Fire Emblem debut in the game, and would, Marth, Ike, Lynds and more a character of the new fire emblem for 3DS, totalingfour characters of the franchise as well as Zelda, Pokemon and Mario also has 4, Star Foxand Krystal would be next to Fire Emblem would also be 4. About the characters ofpokemon think I can be the Zoroark Pokemon Trainer and the second generation (HG / SS) and your Pokemon could be Typhlosion, Croconaw and Chikoria.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Additions:

Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western.

Seems like a good fit for a new Nintendo franchise. Brawl really only added Olimar as far as new franchises went.

Shulk from Xenoblade.

Suddenly realized that Nintendo owns the IP.

If Zelda get's another rep, I'm putting my money on one of these two if they aren't looking for Zelda characters who appear in each game:

Midna or Ghiraheem

Sin & Punishment and Golden Sun might get playable representation this time around.

Saki and Isaac most likely. If not those two, Isa and Matthew

Kid Icarus might get a new rep. If it's one:

Palutena

If Two

Palutena and Medusa

I really hope for those two. They grew on me real fast from Kid Icarus Uprising.

Can't leave out Fire Emblem:

Krom. Roy may or may not come back

Those are all my guesses for right now.

Edited by Shun One

I did a little google research when i read this and i found the first link, which lead me to a forum with a second link to a bunch of words in Japanese. Apparently there was some sort of leak. I google translated them and got this. You can be the judge on if this is legit.

http://ssbcforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=arcade&action=print&thread=597

http://thewiiu.com/topic/946-possible-leaked-smash-4-roster-found/page__gopid__16078#entry16078

Great to Super Smash Bros. Brawl X

Regular combat ~

Super Mario Bros. - Mario

The Legend of Link - Zelda

Kirby Super Star, Kirby

Pit - Kid Icarus

Magnus - Kid Icarus

Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong

Magical Starsign-Mokka

Punch-Out Little Mac

Metroid - Ridley

Metroid - Samus / Zero Suit Samus

Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong

Star Fox - Fox Macleod

Kirby Super Star - Metanaito

Lip - Panel de Pon

Pokemon, Pikachu

Wario Land 6 - Wario

Fire Emblem - Mars

Donkey Kong - Diddy Kong

Super Mario Bros. - Mushroom Princess

The Legend of Princess Zelda - Zelda

Star Fox - Crystal

Pokemon - Pokemon Trainer

Lucas mother

KONAMI, Solid Snake

ISA - Crime and Punishment

Yoshi's Island - Yoshi

Kirby Super Star, King Dedede

Fire Emblem - Ike

And Orima Pikmin - Pikmin

SEGA, Sonic the Hedgehog

Super Mario Brothers - Bowser

Ice Climbers - Ice Climber

Pokemon - Purin

CAPCOM-Rockman

Secret of the battle ~

Wario Land 6 - Waluigi

Super Mario Bros. - Luigi

Kid Legend of Link - Zelda

Star Fox, Falco

Ness - mother

Value - Crime and Punishment

Minun and Plusle - Pokemon

The Legend of Ganon - Zelda

Yoshi's Island - Kamek

Star Fox - Wolf O'Donnel

Kirby Super Star Wizard of star

Nintendo robot

Super Mario Bros., Bowser Jr.

Clock and watch games, play games, and Mr.

Pokemon - Zoroark

The Legend of Ghirahim - Zelda

Transfer battle ~

Metroid - Fire Emblem: = phosphorus Anthony Higgs

Tomato Adventure - Demiru

Dr.Mario-Dr.Mario

Fluff of Prince - Kate Kirby's epic

Legend of the Skull Kid - Zelda

The Legend of Starfy-Starfy

KONAMI, Simon Belmont

SEGA-Tales Miles P

Capcom, Ryu

• 1 month later...

Krom, Isaac, Shulk, Ghirahim, Megaman.

No seriously, those are all the newcomers I want, no one else is worth my time.

(If the physics are as good as brawl, it's also the only way I'll buy it)

Edited by Esaka

Nintendo is most likely bringing in Krom for FE and Zoroark from pokemon, in my opinion. Why? It's what nintendo would do. I also think Waluigi might be added, just to complement Wario.

I don't know too much about this stuff, but those are just my thoughts.

Id also LIKE every FE character and pokemon, but that's not happening.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm betting we'll get Dillon for an assist trophy. Maybe the Sakura Samurai too.

I'd love it if Hector or Ephraim made it in, mainly because Smash is overloaded with swordsmen imo.

I'm willing to bet they'll stick Little Mac in there, seeing as his game got a reboot.

I'm curious to see how they'll implement Pit considering his latest game gave him a lot of new tricks. Maybe put Palutena in so she can show off the weapons?

I would love it if they found a way to implement an Advance Wars character

Who I'm expecting/want to leave:

Toon Link. Seriously, who was excited about this? (inb4 "I was")

Jigglypuff. More of a personal desire, but it's quite possibly one of the most irrelevant characters in the game. Speaking of relevancy, can we reboot Ice Climbers Nintendo?unsure.gif

Lucario. I do like Lucario, but with over 500 (600?) pokemon I feel like Nintendo wants to show off one of the new ones.

• 1 month later...

Krom, Zoroark, Shulk, Matthew (from Golden Sun) are the characters I expect for SSB4... Ghirahim could be possible, but I think it'd be rather unlikely. Young Link 3D is more likely than Toon Link again (that means, if the next Handheld Zelda won't have the Cel Shading Style). I'm not sure if Ganondorf could be replaced by Demise... while the first one is a Veteran, Demise is a much more actual character, and something like Ganondorf's predecessor. They also have a similar style... *shrug*

• 1 month later...

The only newcomers I want to see are Krom, Ephraim, and Ghirahim (from Zelda: Skyward Sword). Ephraim probably isn't going to be added though. But Ike must stay. <3

To those saying that Ike might be replaced by Krom because Ike replaced Roy in Brawl: You all forget, Roy was only an unlockable character while Ike was a default one in Brawl. And if you notice, they have never replaced default characters. At least, that's what I've heard. So Ike is more than likely staying in. He's quite popular outside of Japan too, so there would be a lot of fuss if he got the boot. Oh, also, I've heard that Roy was only added to promote his game, which wasn't out yet. Ike's games were already out when he was added to Brawl, so he has more reason to be in.

Oh, and I would like to see Toon Link get a bit of a makeover. He's the star of many games, not just The Wind Waker. I'd rather him be a mix of Minish Cap Link for Four Sword representation along with Wind Waker Link. So his moveset should be changed up and he should wield the Four Sword instead of the Master Sword. This would expand the amount of games he's representing and make him less of a Link clone.

Edited by Anacybele

I think it is safe to assume that there will be equal to or less characters than in Brawl, because a giant roster would make it difficult to make each character individualized, and degrade the quality of the game.

Krom is pretty similar to Ike in regards to fighting style, so he's likely going to replace Ike. Ike's popularity matters little, because the current trend is two characters for Fire Emblem. Having three characters would only force a more deserving character from another franchise to get kicked off the list.

Matthew from Golden Sun may stand a chance, since he is from a Nintendo series. Since Namco Bandai is working with Nintendo this time, perhaps Lloyd Irving, or maybe a more recent tales protagonist.

I'd like to see Megaman in SSB, but as a third party character, anything could happen.

From the Metroid series, Anthony Higgs would be pretty cool to see in brawl, but Other M wasn't incredibly popular in comparison to other Metroid games. If anything Ridley could be added, but then there is the issue of size. Kraid should be playable.

Krom is pretty similar to Ike in regards to fighting style, so he's likely going to replace Ike. Ike's popularity matters little, because the current trend is two characters for Fire Emblem. Having three characters would only force a more deserving character from another franchise to get kicked off the list.

Did you read what I just said? Ike is a default character and they don't replace them. Also, why would adding a new character force another one off the list? Sure, Sakurai said that the roster won't be expanded much, but he could still expand it a little.

I also think Fire Emblem deserves more representation. Three characters would be better for it, as well as a lot more trophies and stickers. There are so few for the series right now. I'm not saying it needs as much attention as, say, Mario and Zelda, but it deserves more than what it already has.

If anything, Marth is staple for the Fire Emblem cast in Super Smash Bros. Ike however, has only turned out in SSBB, and may well have been similar to Roy in terms of self-promotic usage.

Which means, there might be a character from FE13 along Marth. Or they might extend the roster to include a third FE character - but I think it's more viable that they add new franchises than extend the small current ones if they make a larger roster. Or perhaps extend some series' which got a single character in SSBB to have two.