Rate the Unit, Day 30: Geitz

Thor Odinson

Rate the Unit, Day 30: Geitz

Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on LHM and HHM. Also, they should be based on when the unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Make votes easily visible, please~! ##Vote:

- Every ranking phase ends approximately at 20:00 EST. Do the math for your timezone.

Scores (in ascending order)

Wil: 1.85

Bartre: 2.78

Rebecca: 2.84

Dart: 3.86

Dorcas: 4.19

Rath: 4.28

Canas: 5.07

Eliwood: 5.34

Guy: 5.71

Erk: 6.01

Lyn: 6.07

Matthew: 6.17

Serra: 6.27

Legault: 6.55

Oswin: 6.98

Lowen: 6.71

Lucius: 6.94

Hawkeye: 7.21

Isadora: 7.24

Hector: 7.63

Heath: 7.67

Fiora: 7.99

Kent: 8.17

Priscilla: 8.38

Raven: 8.39

Florina: 8.41

Ninian/Nils: 8.80

Sain: 8.83

Marcus: 9.63

=====================================================

Geitz is also pretty hawt.

His recruitment is a bitch though. Okay, not really his recruitment itself, but the requirements to get to his version of the chapter is. Hector's alright, but not getting /that/ many levels in this time, Lyn's combat's good but loldurability, and Eliwood's just lol in general. So 50 levels of these three combined requires patience. Something that I...kinda lack. Though Lyn mode does give Lyn some levels to pad it up, so it's not that terrible getting his chapter I guess plus it's nice having a warrior that doesn't suck also doesn't cost a much-coveted Hero Crest either

But anyway I'm not gonna penalise Geitz on his annoying chapter requirements, because units shouldn't be penalised on that. I just wanted to rant about it. Geitz is a pretty good unit in himself, and he comes with 19str/14spd base and his growths are actually pretty good in that, with 50STR/40SPD. He's also your best shot for a bow user if you get him, and having Bs in both his ranks mean that he can use Brave Bow right off the bat, and he even has the con for it. He does loses AS from some axes like Steel and Brave, but Brave lets him double anyway so that's not an issue either. He's not a fucking wall like Hawkeye, but he's not made of paper either, and can take a few hits with his 44HP/12DEF base. However, he will die to magic very easily with his nonexistant res.

Except I once let him tank the shit out of shamans on VoD with a bow and a forest tile and he got hit like a grand total of once and it was pretty glorious but PEMN

Good unit overall. Pretty good-looking too. 7.25/10+.25/10 for being hot= 7.5/10

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm Geitz. This is a unit i never really give a snot about. In some runs, i just didnt even bother recruiting him. I have used him once or twice but a very long time ago. So im gonna go off what he can do versus my own experience with the guy.

Pros:

Dat hard mode bonus.

Killer Axe

Decent weapon ranks.

Prepromote who can squish things.

Cons:

Uhhhh....hmmm...

Really bad res.

Can be outclassed. (not always...)

Recruitment can get a little annoying. (at least to me)

Uhh...

Yeah i really havent used this guy. Hell, i usually just forget about him most of the time.

5.5/10 (biased rank: 4/10. I just...dont care...Sorry Geitz fans. D: )

Geitz.

He has HM Bonuses

He has B Bows and Axes

He has the Con to wield most bows and half of the axes

He has sweet Str.

But he also has low Res

He has pretty mediocre growths

His personality is lame as hell

He requires Dart to reach him to recruit.

Yeah, 5.75/10

Why is gietz here befote pent? This is by time of recruitment, not alphabetical order...

Because Geitz comes in 24A and Pent comes in 26.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe7/recr.htm

If this list is supposed to be "Best to Worst", shouldn't Marcus be at the top of the list and Wil at the bottom?

True. It was more a link to the googledocs where I do my calculations, though. In case anyone wants to check if I missed any scores that should've been counted. Might fix that eventually.

Edit: changed the header :P

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Why is gietz here befote pent? This is by time of recruitment, not alphabetical order...

Geitz joins before Pent, bro. ;) Remember? Pent isnt around until Unfulfilled Heart or some junk. (Meaning Farina should be next. Then Pent...i think.) Lumi is a ninja. :o

Edited by Florina

Aww shucks...i forgot he doesn't recruit immediately post living legend.

Sorry about that.

And I've yet to use Geitz...so I can't rate him. Based on his stats though, he seems like a rather giood candidate for slotting, since he has B in 2 weapon classes and yummy HM bonuses.

Ill tentatively rank him a 5, since I have yet to use him though, I can't really be sure that my rating should be considered...

8/10

Recruitment requirement is a bitch!

But those HHM bases are w1n

Good growths even more so!

Give him killer/silver/hand axes and a brave bow.

Also, if he gets A bows by COD.

Silver bow fun!

Imo, pink warrior FTW!

Also, GeitzXIsadora FTW.

(What was that birds name?

Specta keeps reminding me in chat and I keep forgetting...)

Yeah, Geitz is one heck of a good prepromote.

Also, best bow user in game.

Makes Barte cry and Dorcas seem like a baby IMO, and makes Dart loook like piss.

What Soul said.

Doubling with axes FTW.

he's not made of brick like Hawkeye.

He's made of solid wood.

Still doesn't die.

(PE-

I had him go nuts on VOD, and just for fun, gave him 2 killer axes, a steel bow, a silver axe and an elixer.

He went up to limstella and the sages around her, dodges everything, and doubles and crits with Silver.

While Hawkeye soloes the southern WLs and NTs.)

Yeah, I'm totally biased towards fe7 prepromotes not named Karel.

Edited by The Creeper

I've never used Geitz, but looking at him, I can say that his strengths are his good base stats sans Res, as well as his starting weapons and weapon ranks. Something else I find as a good thing is that he comes in the Linus version of Four-Fanged Offense, which IMO is both easier to complete (no Fog) and easier to get to (I always use my Lords, so they're always at a high level). He's also one of the easiest enemy characters to recruit, as it's fairly easy to bait him into range with his bow, which will prevent an accidental death for you or him. Also, being an enemy unit means he get HM bonuses, which are always nice.

However, his Res sucks and won't get much better, plus he requires Dart to recruit, which means one of two things:

1) You decided not to use Dart, so recruiting Geitz means that you lose a unit slot just for the recruiter, or

2) You are using Dart, in which case he'll probably be superior at that point.

Of course, this is all speculation. I prefer Bartre since he comes sooo much sooner and is usually always stronger by the time I get Geitz. Still, he's not the worst prepromote.

Oh yeah, in terms of personality and all that, he's very forgettable. At least Bartre had humorous supports, and was fairly interesting.

6/10 mostly for decent useability in an efficiency playthrough and relative ease of recruitment.

All you want in a Warrior. A GOOD GBA Warrior that actually has SPEED.

Lot had some speed, but was still slow.

Barte would be fast, BUT 3 FUCKING BASE SPEED!!

Sucks.

Garcia never goes warrior imo.

Ross neither

Fe6 Barte is alright, but slow

LolWard

Dorcas is slow.

Gba fe Armours had good speed growths..

Exchange Wendys/Bors/Oswins sped growth with all fighters imo.

He's really hot.

Oh, right, the rest of the rating.

He can hold his own with his stats, but I'm not too big on his affinity (Thunder). . .but it's not like you're seeing his supports anyway. Unlike Hawkeye, you can haul him around to where you need him to be.

6.5/10

The day I ##Vote is the day Lumi plays through a mafia game on SF

Lot had some speed, but was still slow.

Barte would be fast, BUT 3 FUCKING BASE SPEED!!

Sucks.

Garcia never goes warrior imo.

Ross neither

Fe6 Barte is alright, but slow

LolWard

Dorcas is slow.

Gba fe Armours had good speed growths..

Exchange Wendys/Bors/Oswins sped growth with all fighters imo.

That's a little of a contraddiction there, with Lott's Spd. He wasn't slow, but rather average. Doesn't help that his Str sucks. He's kinda good because he grows quite durable.

The only GBA Knights with good Spd are Bors and Wendy. Oswin's Spd growths kinda sucks, but at least his base doesn't get him doubled by everything.