Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Thread

Bluedoom

Discuss. :3

I like its OST. Oh yeah, here's a remix:

Favourite starter anyone? Mine's Riolu/Totodile (PMD2)

For PMD 1... Pikachu and Charmander.

Edited by Marth

Fun games. Needs games on the 3DS.

Anyway, as for Blue Rescue Team, Treecko and Meowth were my favorite starters to be.

Explorers of Time, well, I (still)haven't beaten it. But I do enjoy being a Shinx.

I totally forgot about Treecko. So replace Pikachu with Treecko. <3 I also like squirtle, but Char's more useful. :3

I beat Explorers of Sky but I didn't finish the complete game. I stopped at Darkrai's Crater actually. :3

Also I agree, we need some PMD for the 3DS. With the Unova pokemon, oh that'd be fun. xD

I tend to like the Water starters, but I give random-ish answers to get different starters each time. In general, Treecko is my favorite, but I think I've only gone for it once.

Rescue Team is one of my favorite games, but I'm not a fan of what Explorers did with taking out a ton of the things I had liked most. I kinda want to finish Sky sometime, but eh. The music is good, but I still prefer Rescue Team's.

Edited by Othin

Ah, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Brings back a lot of memories.

I remember going through Blue Rescue Team as a kid. IIRC, my guy was a Charmander, and my mate was a Mudkip. Now that I think about it, the only hard parts for me were Zapdos(my mate was weak to electric, and I didn't recruit an Electrike to stop Thundershock from violating me.)and the Sky Tower(going through essentially a 34 tier dungeon with nasty shit like Aero, Venomoth, and Mence as you get closer to the summit is rather tedious, though Rayquaza wasn't that difficult due to me getting an Ice Beam TM in Magma Cave and teaching it to my mate). Then of course, the late-game was a joke as my guy was eventually brutally overleveled, had Super Mobile, and STAB Heat Wave powered up by two Ginsengs to clear Monster Houses.

As for Time/Darkness, I wound up starting as the Mudkip(don't we all liek them Mudkipz)and using Charmander as my mate. Again, didn't experience too much difficulty aside from the Hidden Land and Temporal Tower(though the Primal Dialga theme was pretty boss. And the difficulty was largely due to all the damn Porys wielding Discharge and Agility)as well as the false Groudon fight due to the sun weakening my Water Gun(though my mate's Ember did some good damage due to the sun.). Also, I was disappointed when I couldn't evolve when the credits rolled(I had to wait until I recruited Manaphy AND recruited Palkia.)

And don't let me get STARTED on Dark Crater. Cress is probably the worst 'ally' that you can get in EoT/D, and you have to drag her around. At least Grovyle was actually OP'd next to your guys.

Right now, I've been playing Sky, as a Riolu, and I have to say, he's doing OK for himself, though not having Aura Sphere until the very post-game sucks donkey dick.

Edited by darkandroid125

Yeah, I hate the ranger games. They're totally stupid. A normal pokemon game is much better than the ranger game. Mystery Dungeon, on the other hand, has its own stuff that make it special(read: Great story)

Also I agree, the Primal Dialga theme is pretty boss. So is the Temporal Tower theme, and the theme where you fight Rayquaza in PMD1. Oh yeah, I love Grovyle too. Sad he had to go back to his world. Well, the special episode did give him a good future. :3

Edited by Marth

I freaking <3 this game so much! It's my favorite Pokemon spin-off.

I'd always purposely choose the female gender just so I could get a Skitty because Skitty is awesome.

I would like to say, that PMD is the BEST Pokemon game ever! :D

Too bad I lost my copy of Explorers of Time. It was an awesome game.

My starter in PMD Blue (Forgot the name) was a charmander named Kuki. My partner was a totodile named Dave. Pretty lame name, I know. T..T My partner and I are now level 100.

In Explorers I was a Mudkip, and my partner was a Pikachu named Will. Even at level 100, he was still a Pikachu. I like him better as a Pikachu. :P