Thinking of trying FE5.

CrashGordon94

Oh, ouch!

Could any other good Axe (like a Steel Axe or something) substitute for the Brave Axe in that scenario?

You'll like to be actually able to double him. A decent alternative would be Asvel and the Graphcalibur. He should be fatigued for chapter 8, so you shouldn't have much issues about bringing him in 8x.

Other kinds of magic weapons will work as well, such as Leaf and the Light Sword, Nanna and the Earth Sword, or someone good with the Fire Sword (like Fergus or Shiva). Don't expect as much damage, of course.

The chapter isn't that bad, really.

Only the boss is a prick. And the Thief if you're slow.

Edited by Dio

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the boss is a prick. And the Thief if you're slow.

I don't remember ever even noticing the Thief.

And yes, use Asvel.

Edited by Othin

Go ahead and play the first few maps. It's important you get a feel of how the game actually plays before planning out the later maps.

You can always ask for help if you get stuck (which in this game is kinda inevitable on a first run no matter how much you plan).

Chapter 8x was so rageworthy that I just decided to start over on Elite mode. Seriously, f**k Gomes.

I (stupidly) used Asvel in the previous chapter, so he ended up fatigued on 8x. Does Gomes's difficulty reflect at all the difficulty of later enemies/bosses?

Chapter 8x was so rageworthy that I just decided to start over on Elite mode. Seriously, f**k Gomes.

I (stupidly) used Asvel in the previous chapter, so he ended up fatigued on 8x. Does Gomes's difficulty reflect at all the difficulty of later enemies/bosses?

Gomez is way harder than most bosses.

A good amount won't have a throne bonus for one, while you can also build Thieves to effectively neuter bosses. A lot of them are also Generals or Barons, who take hefty damage from Rapiers/Armorslayers/Hammers.

Gomez is way harder than most bosses.

A good amount won't have a throne bonus for one, while you can also build Thieves to effectively neuter bosses. A lot of them are also Generals or Barons, who take hefty damage from Rapiers/Armorslayers/Hammers.

Well, crap. Maybe I should have stuck with normal difficulty after all.

Well, crap. Maybe I should have stuck with normal difficulty after all.

Gomez is an outlier, basically. So yeah, normal difficulty may have been better if you could just get past him. Replaying on normal and making sure to have Asvel for 8x would be one way of getting past. Gomez is so much easier if you have grafcalibur for him.

Go ahead and play the first few maps. It's important you get a feel of how the game actually plays before planning out the later maps.

You can always ask for help if you get stuck (which in this game is kinda inevitable on a first run no matter how much you plan).

Fair enough, really.

@Crash, have you started playing yet?

No, I'm still kind of intimidated by it and I've been busy. I plan to start soon though (pretty much the same with FE6).

Well, technically, I have started, but I've restarted a million and one times. I'm going to restart just one last time, this time on normal difficulty. (Seriously, I'm on chapter 5 and Bryton is already at level 14. That's just not right.)

Well, technically, I have started, but I've restarted a million and one times. I'm going to restart just one last time, this time on normal difficulty. (Seriously, I'm on chapter 5 and Bryton is already at level 14. That's just not right.)

No, that's actually quite normal. Lots of walling and luring out enemy units is required in the Manster maps so of course some of your units will end up leveling quite fast. In this game you want to level up and promote as early as possible, since the caps are very low and you some good tanks to help during mid-game. This is why the game gives you several Knight Proofs early on (four by Chapter 8, I think).

The only reason he really needs the Hero Axe stands on the throne at the end with his 46 HP/22 Def/14 AS. Iron is more than fine for everything else and I found it somewhat easy to raise his archery skills in there considering the good number of Hunters and Hand Axe Bandits attacking through the walls in the northern portion of the map.

You'd actually want the Hero Axe to KO most of the brigands near his starting position, because:

- Dagda can't double many of the naturally and has to rely on Charge to ORKO

- Dagda might miss 1 of his 2 attacks when using Charge and miss the ORKO

- Dagda will likely get hit often enough to the point where he no longer activates Charge and can't ORKO naturally anyway

Hero Axe fixes all of these problems. As a disclaimer, you can put the Hero Axe wherever you want if you're playing super casually, but if you want to bumrush through the chapter, you're going to need the Hero Axe on Dagda so that that area of the map is completely clear.

Edited by dondon151

No, that's actually quite normal. Lots of walling and luring out enemy units is required in the Manster maps so of course some of your units will end up leveling quite fast. In this game you want to level up and promote as early as possible, since the caps are very low and you some good tanks to help during mid-game. This is why the game gives you several Knight Proofs early on (four by Chapter 8, I think).

Oh? Well, I'm already back to Chapter 4 on normal difficulty, anyway, but I'll take your advice. I was going to ask when would be a good time to promote, but you answered it.

You'd actually want the Hero Axe to KO most of the brigands near his starting position, because:

- Dagda will likely get hit often enough to the point where he no longer activates Charge and can't ORKO naturally anyway

I felt the Speed Ring you got back in chapter 2 solved most of those issues, especially the first one. You do give it to Leaf IIRC.

Hero Axe fixes all of these problems. As a disclaimer, you can put the Hero Axe wherever you want if you're playing super casually, but if you want to bumrush through the chapter, you're going to need the Hero Axe on Dagda so that that area of the map is completely clear.

Oh, ouch...

Well, I guess I can take the "super casual" out but this is something to think about, I guess...

Yannop, it'd be real easy to just use cheat codes to make your characters super strong. Then, since you're afraid of losing, you'd never lose!

Yanno, it'd be even easier to stop coming into this topic so you don't have to read about this if it makes you so mad!

Seriously, you've done nothing but bitch this entire thread, cut it out.

I felt the Speed Ring you got back in chapter 2 solved most of those issues, especially the first one. You do give it to Leaf IIRC.

I'm not sure what to say, really...

I've never given Dagda anything better than an Iron Axe for that chapter and killing the bandits quickly has never been a problem for me.

I've never given Dagda anything better than an Iron Axe for that chapter and killing the bandits quickly has never been a problem for me.

Same here. Just place Tanya in a corner and Dagda right above her. Make sure each has a vulnerary and that part basically plays itself on EP.

Same here. Just place Tanya in a corner and Dagda right above her. Make sure each has a vulnerary and that part basically plays itself on EP.

I'd position Dagda three spaces above her. This should draw every Bandit while still being in support range. It's not like Tanya is going to get hit on the first enemy phase.

Would a Steel Axe work, or does that make Dagda too inaccurate? Not that he needs the extra attack points...

By the way, I'm restarting again on Elite Mode, because for some reason, chapter 4 became nightmarishly difficult just this one time. I think the RNG has a personal grudge against me.