Jubby

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hack, so what do I know?

But no, I get it now :P I'll have to look into it, it makes sense though.

EDIT: Okay, new question! What affinity should MU be? Although I guess you guys can always change it if you want :P

Earth Wind. Or Dark. Light's so cliche. Fire's so Phrae. Ice is so ....homo....genous.

My opinions are similar to deranger's. Fire and Light are out for me. Dark for the fact that darkness can be interpreted many ways, reflecting the ways you can customize your My Unit. Wind can be interpreted as flighty and whimisical, and also reflects the fact that your My Unit can be the same, or different every playthrough. And this brings me to my own suggestion: Anima. I think Anima could be a possibility due to it's icon: Three orbs of different colors, red, blue, and yellow. I think this makes sense as well due to the fact that it's varied. Which again brings me to the customization and difference for each playthrough. Then again, the same could be said of a few other affinities, but really, it's all up to interpretation. So yeah, in conclusion, my vote's for either Wind, Dark, or Anima.

EDIT: Also, I see what you did there deranger with the Ice comment.

Edited by Ssbmfreak36

The affinities mean nothing in terms of personality. Neimi has the same affinity as Ephraim, and Hector has the same affinity as Syrene. Elincia, Lethe, Meg, and Tibarn all have the same affinities, but different personalities.

Edited by Anouleth

Dark wooooooooh contrast. Or Anima for Balance. Or thunder, why? Because all it changes is when you were born affinity doesn't MEAN anything

The affinities mean nothing in terms of personality. Neimi has the same affinity as Ephraim, and Hector has the same affinity as Syrene. Elincia, Lethe, Meg, and Tibarn all have the same affinities, but different personalities.

Yeah, I was kinda just going for which ones people thought were the best :S

Whoops. Heh heh...I tend to read to deep into things at times. Sorry if I weirded anyone out. Though I still stick by my choices, Dark/Neutral/Whatever it's referred too as, Wind, and Anima.

No you can use affinity to help with the theme of a character. I.E. Juno is light affinity, Zealot is dark affinity, one is more idealist while the other is more realist. Or Karel's light affinity revealing his nature as someone who walks in the light despite his past. Then again it also doesn't have to mean anything. Why is Marcus an Ice Affinity? why is Roy, who never acts hot blooded in the slightest, a fire affinity? in comparison to Alan and Ward who are also fire affinity.

I'd go with Dark. Because Darkness is 'black' a mixture of all colours(so is white when you apply light). But Also because the support bonus are more neutral IMO. Boost to Hit, boost to Crit, Boost to Eva, Boost to Crit Eva. Plus its symbol is a perfect circle...

Eh guys, guess I'll just drop this here... I'm pretty much done the events for the MyUnit selection chapter thing. All I've got left is to specify co-ordinates which I'll do as soon as Celice is done the map :D (It looks really good so far, and there may be a special palette involved) oh yeah and I'll probably have to troubleshoot like hell once I've gotten the events assembled cause it'll give me a million errors.

So right now I'm just kinda doing whatever :P Working on that soldier a bit more, planning third tiers for the lulz.

For weapon icons, I'm doing custom resizes of FE10's icons, so new but not new!

Got 18 million weapon locks in the works, including implementing knives, longbows etc

Moar spritez

So yeah. I have a lot of EVERYTHING planned right now, but I'm probably going to get the MyUnit events working before implementing all these things :P

Did I give you my weapon icons we had done for FERetro? If not, I'll pm them to you. There's several weapons from FE10 already scratched up that you can use. I'll try to get the map done sometime soon, but like I said, this is the end of the quarter and I'm strapped for time. If it helps, my map isn't going to radically change, so coordinates you want to theorize should still be compatible when I give you the final map data. Just don't place any units or events in the bottom five rows of tiles as that part is being worked on.

Oh, alright, I'll get the co-ordinates done and test them then :D (And it's okay, take your time, need to get those weapon icons going anyway. I only have a few axes so far, although they're pretty annoying compared to swords and tomes so hopefully it gets easier :P Those ones from FERetro would be much appreciated if they're easy to find for you :3)

Eh guys, guess I'll just drop this here... I'm pretty much done the events for the MyUnit selection chapter thing.

8jGKx.png

Yay!

Keep goin' strong, Jubby! (And everyone who's helping him, too!)

Oh, do you Cam? I tend to resize PoR and RD stuff for extra practice, (and cause I lack the creativity to draw my ideas most of the time) but I have a few more weapons planned that I don't really know how I'm gonna sprite, so if you could help with those, that'd be awesome :3 PRFs and elemental swords and such~

Edit: and oh yes I will! :D (keep going strong that is)

Edited by Jubby

Yeah, I do icon requests. and i'm actually almost swamped between two people just dumping an entire list of stuff on me and giving me a deadline and a "good luck!" but you don't know anything about that.

Throw me a PM (or get me on skype) and I'll see what I can do.

won't mention a thing :P Luckily I don't believe in deadlines :D Alright, thanks, I surely will once I get a bit further into my resizes :3 (I'm almost done axes! I hates dem >.<)

Oh, do you Cam? I tend to resize PoR and RD stuff for extra practice, (and cause I lack the creativity to draw my ideas most of the time) but I have a few more weapons planned that I don't really know how I'm gonna sprite, so if you could help with those, that'd be awesome :3 PRFs and elemental swords and such~

Edit: and oh yes I will! :D (keep going strong that is)

You can also use these excellent games to take icons from. They're all 16x16 and fit well with Fire Emblem's themes.

Tactics Ogre - Knight of Lodis

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (the one on the DS)

The recent Castlevania games on the GBA and DS