Reparation hung up!

Gaggle of Geese

Hey. I finally beat Seisen no Keifu, and the game hung up in the epilogue. I was using Reparation 0.87b, and while I knew about the garbled text, I didn't know about this. It hung up when it was showing the different countries on the map, right after Verdane.

I decided to just delete my data, but I have a few questions.

1: Is there a way to avoid this? (I doubt there is, but I figured I'd at least seek confirmation.)

2: How do people do ranked runs when this happens? Do they just use the Japanese version?

3: Is there any project to complete this patch? (Once again, I doubt that there is.)

Thanks to all who reply!

If you really like this game, you should give some of the numerous hacks a try. Many of them are fully complete and feature brand new characters and and remodeled gameplay.

fully complete as in translation / fixed ending?

fully complete as in translation / fixed ending?

I don't think so. Most of the hacks are in Japanese, but if you've played the game before, you should know what everything is.

It helps to understand kana. A lot of the words are transliterated, so katakana is especially helpful. That failing, just look at the pictures.

Yeah, just knowing Kana is enough to get you though gameplay, and there's a few readmes translated by TheEnd on his website which would be helpful.

These are the hacks I thought were pretty much 100% complete, as far as gameplay goes

Genealogy of Narga

Genealogy of Ayra

Genealogy of Neir

Genealogy of Tordo

FE4RM (remodeling) (known as the Binary hack to some)

FE4inflation

FE4TS

A lot of these hacks allow you to choose what promotion you want too' date=' they've coded in branched promotions. It's really cool. Some of them even give you three choices instead of just two!

Genealogy of Fala (some of the new text isn't finished, but it's all in moonspeak anyways--gameplay is finished for the entire game :P)

Genealogy of Dain was being worked on, I don't know how far along it got.[/quote']

Fala just got an update about two months ago :)

There is one "remodeling" (not the binary one) patch of FE4 which replaces all the mug portraits with nicer ones, but it has a glitch where all lance wights are 255. Try to avoid that one.

I highly highly recccomend inflation everyone caps everything and there are enough holy weapons for nearly ever character in the secound generation to use . Be warned the final chapter is HARD if you don't turtle though . All the enemy units have capped stats rings several skills and towards the end all back holy weapons . If your units don't bask in celices max authority stars they will get taken out. Otherwise I would recommend the Nier patch which is an extremely fun reskin with lex is the main lord . You can get every holy weapon except the ichevial and loptous . If you like a challenge the shin patch is a cool hack with a deccent difficultly and is actually in English .

If we're gonna make suggestions, I've found Genealogy of Neir to be the most polished, well-made fan hack of Fire Emblem I've played yet. The difficulty and content is scaled to that of a real Fire Emblem game, and you never feel like a fan just fucked around with the game to make their edits and call it good, without ever actually testing their edits for fluency in gameplay. Not to mention there's enough of edits in all the right places, and in just the right amounts, that you feel like you're playing a FE4.5 in many places, like it were its own novelty expansion pack. Its production value, if you could call it that, is surprisingly stable :)

So all of these Japanese FE4 ROMhacks....where could one procure them?

Read the stickied thread in the hacking section, the Binary patches thread, for more information. If you still need help after that, ask and we'll get you some direction.

There's also another FE4 hack you might want to try. I can't quite remember its name though.

What was in it? That's pretty a ambiguous description so far :p

The sticky isn't that helpful anymore because they changed their uploader only through combination of google translator and the search bar on their uploader did I somehow find the hacks I wanted . Even then I still can't find the easy mode patch ,I suspect they removed it but I can't read any moon speak so i can't really tell. I believe this site<lensterknight.superbusnet.com/other/Hacks > has a few patches and alot of helpful information on a few of the hacks

You're supposed to go find the hacks yourselves on the uploaders. The first post is out of date, but it also explains why it is and how you can find the hacks.

That website you mentioned is TheEnd's site, and he has translated some of the readmes and information files for the hacks, as well as create info resources for a few hacks on his site. They're good references.

Which easy hack are you referring to? I might have it saved somewhere if it's important to you.

Yes I understand why the first post is out of date I just find it difficult to find the hacks because of the language barrier . Yes the ends website is pretty good resource It would have been really hard to have played fe inflation without it or play the Nier patch without it's paring guide. Now The easy mode patch, I'm looking for, wasn't a full on hack like the others all it did it was make your characters stupidly broken while all the enemy units were the same . Its a lot of fun but I can't seem to find it.

Yes I understand why the first post is out of date I just find it difficult to find the hacks because of the language barrier . Yes the ends website is pretty good resource It would have been really hard to have played fe inflation without it or play the Nier patch without it's paring guide. Now The easy mode patch, I'm looking for, wasn't a full on hack like the others all it did it was make your characters stupidly broken while all the enemy units were the same . Its a lot of fun but I can't seem to find it.

I think I've seen easy mode patches for a couple of the games. Can you be more specific on what game you want the patch for? I can try and see if I can find it for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8pm3mupv8hbf2i4

I did find one for FE5. I don't know what it does, all I saw was the patch. I can't find the FE4 one, and for some reason I can't see the Japanese for any of the files in my archive (I can with other files though o_O) so I would literally have to go through and check every patch/readme to see what I have. Would you like a copy of my archive? You could look through it yourself and see what you find!

Here's a post with the files uploaded :)

Wait, why would FE2 and FE5 even need easy mode patches? They already HAVE easy modes!

Fire emblem gaiden easy mode patch Is really really really easy . Characters start with Luna lances and other rare items, experience is increased ,and all character growths were increased by 30 which is ridiculous for fe game with a 20 cap for all stats I .