super mario 3d land

xblade

anyone else think this game was good, i thought it was really good. i did have a problem though, i thought it was to short but then those special worlds. anyways do i have to collect those stars coins to unlock something because i don't really wanna go back to some of the annoying worlds. oh and i also thought that the game was a mixture of mario bros and mario galaxy put together anyone else get this vibe?

Yeah, I liked this game. So easy though. Getting all the star coins, all golden flagpoles, and beating every level with Mario and that other guy you unlock who is very obvious unlocks the true final level.

Yeah, I liked this game. So easy though. Getting all the star coins, all golden flagpoles, and beating every level with Mario and that other guy you unlock who is very obvious unlocks the true final level.

Wait, it's Wario?!?

Guh, I've always wanted to play as him again.

It made replay value feel too forced, I enjoyed that levels, but to replay a level one must do it subtly. Not "play Luigi too derp!" it made the experience feel forced.

What they should have done is the Galaxy approach, where you had a separate file for Luigi, that would give far more incentive to replay every level as him.

Outside of this flaw, I loved the game however, but it feels rushed in terms of level quantity, probably due to the very tiny team, however the Galaxy team proves they are way better at game design then the NSMB team.

Entirely separate areas like the special worlds are play value, not replay value - even if most of them are based on previous levels. The special worlds really just make the game longer, but even then it's still short.

Edited by Othin

The only replay value I found was getting star coins. I didn't even consider the game beat until the special worlds were done.