Rate the Unit, Day 4: Wolt

No enemy phase, weak damage due to poor bases, but can chip in some damage when the unit you're training just needs 1 more damage to kill. Supports quickly with Roy but is far outclassed by other units. Use him for a fun run. smile.gif

2/10.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue with Wolt (the way I see it) is that he doesn't get Wil's little advantages in FE7. Wil got LHM for training, which was basically risk-free experience, and he claimed an actual realistic growth benefit over using Rebecca (better durability and STR growth); and he even joined pretty early in the main story to boot. Yeah, I know he's loathed, but I see more potential in Wil than Wolt.

Wolt just has the free deployment chapters going for him, when any chip/damage is vital to LTC/efficiency. He's easy as hell to train, even doing crappy damage (it's risk free, usually). Unlike FE7, his female counterpart archer is just plain better than him, and she comes early, so there's little or no use for him past that point.

2.5/10 -- Right place, right time, but otherwise a disappointment to his father. The only reason people rate him higher than his father is because javs have shit accuracy and he has early-early-game use.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Wolt is. . .a frailer, less-lucky Roy. Really, go check their growths. His affinity's all wrong, as he wants more offense, not defense. Furthermore, he can support Roy, but unless you're going for a Roy that's going for accuracy, Roy doesn't want him around. The rest of his supports are on horses. Seriously, IS?

At least he can hurt flying things for a very long time, and he's reliable chip. I happen to like reliable chip.

3.5/10, with a bias point thrown in because IS hates him

Why not? He's biased towards archers, but that doesn't mean he can't spot a stinker.

Wolt is aboslutely lousy, I don't get how he gets such high scores. Is this H5 or something, where you're taking such devastating amounts of damage that you need to weaken enemies from a safe distance first? At least Wil has the potential to outshine Louise if you put effort into him. A trained Wolt at 20/1 is WORSE than base Klein and Igrene. 0.5 because he can be of some use in chapter 7.

Wolt is. . .a frailer, less-lucky Roy. Really, go check their growths. His affinity's all wrong, as he wants more offense, not defense. Furthermore, he can support Roy, but unless you're going for a Roy that's going for accuracy, Roy doesn't want him around. The rest of his supports are on horses. Seriously, IS?

At least he can hurt flying things for a very long time, and he's reliable chip. I happen to like reliable chip.

3.5/10, with a bias point thrown in because IS hates him

Wait, what do you mean his affinity is all wrong? I thought his affinity just made him give OTHERS defense, not himself. Or are you saying no one wants him as a support partner because fuck Ice.

Uh, Wolt sucks. As many people have said before, his bases suck ass and his growths do little to save him. He has earlygame chip FWIW, but you get Lugh only 2 maps after him who does more damage due to hitting res. I guess he's good against wyverns, but I'd rather Aircal/Wyrmslayer them than stoop as low as using Wolt. Also, Dorothy has better growths than him anyway.

woltsucksshinrulez.jpg

Wait, what do you mean his affinity is all wrong? I thought his affinity just made him give OTHERS defense, not himself. Or are you saying no one wants him as a support partner because fuck Ice.

Hmm. . .I'm gonna use two different people as an example - Marcus and Roy.

Wolt/Marcus will give both sides +1 DEF/+5 HIT/+5 EVA/+5 CEV, per support level because that's what Ice does. I'm sure Marcus likes a little extra durability, but the only thing Wolt cares about is the HIT. If you somehow get them to A support, they'll both have +3 DEF/+15 HIT/+15 EVA/+15 CEV, when in support range. That's not what an archer wants.

Now, suppose the player does Wolt/Roy instead. Wolt/Roy will give both sides +.5 ATK/+.5 DEF/+5 HIT/+5 EVA/+2.5 CRIT/+2.5 CEV per support level. Both sides appreciate the mini-bump in crit, and the full Hit bonus, but that's about it. Roy doesn't really need CEV, and Wolt shouldn't be on the receiving end of a lot of blows. If those two become BFF, then it translates to +1.5 ATK/+1.5 DEF/+15 HIT/+15 EVA/+7.5 CRIT/+7.5 CEV. I guess a little more damage helps.

Now, if Wolt and Lilina were to swap affinities, the support bonuses would look like +3 ATK/+1.5 DEF/+15 HIT/+7.5 EVA/+15 CRIT. This is something Wolt wants, as it boosts his damage output, while not really caring about CEV. However, Wolt has his stupid Ice affinity, so his support partners are Roy (who wouldn't want him, unless you're going for a defensive Roy), and a bunch of horses (who Wolt will have problems keeping up with). So, between Wolt's affinity and the people he can support, he's kinda screwed.

Why not? He's biased towards archers, but that doesn't mean he can't spot a stinker.

Wolt is aboslutely lousy, I don't get how he gets such high scores. Is this H5 or something, where you're taking such devastating amounts of damage that you need to weaken enemies from a safe distance first? At least Wil has the potential to outshine Louise if you put effort into him. A trained Wolt at 20/1 is WORSE than base Klein and Igrene. 0.5 because he can be of some use in chapter 7.

Whoa really?

*checks*

Well I'll be damned... wtf IS?

2/10. He has early chip... and that's about it, really. Also, wtf IS? Why is practically every one of his supporters a horse rider??

Hmm. . .I'm gonna use two different people as an example - Marcus and Roy.

Wolt/Marcus will give both sides +1 DEF/+5 HIT/+5 EVA/+5 CEV, per support level because that's what Ice does. I'm sure Marcus likes a little extra durability, but the only thing Wolt cares about is the HIT. If you somehow get them to A support, they'll both have +3 DEF/+15 HIT/+15 EVA/+15 CEV, when in support range. That's not what an archer wants.

Now, suppose the player does Wolt/Roy instead. Wolt/Roy will give both sides +.5 ATK/+.5 DEF/+5 HIT/+5 EVA/+2.5 CRIT/+2.5 CEV per support level. Both sides appreciate the mini-bump in crit, and the full Hit bonus, but that's about it. Roy doesn't really need CEV, and Wolt shouldn't be on the receiving end of a lot of blows. If those two become BFF, then it translates to +1.5 ATK/+1.5 DEF/+15 HIT/+15 EVA/+7.5 CRIT/+7.5 CEV. I guess a little more damage helps.

Now, if Wolt and Lilina were to swap affinities, the support bonuses would look like +3 ATK/+1.5 DEF/+15 HIT/+7.5 EVA/+15 CRIT. This is something Wolt wants, as it boosts his damage output, while not really caring about CEV. However, Wolt has his stupid Ice affinity, so his support partners are Roy (who wouldn't want him, unless you're going for a defensive Roy), and a bunch of horses (who Wolt will have problems keeping up with). So, between Wolt's affinity and the people he can support, he's kinda screwed.

Wow, I actually didn't realize that they pooled both attributes bonuses, I just assumed Roy got the benefits of Ice and Wolt got the benefits of Fire.

Man supports are even MORE broken than I thought, and now I understand why Ice sucks for Wolt (and Klein, Thite loves it though being a Peg)

Wind, Light, Dark or Fire would suit him better

EDIT:

To add onto the 'IS fucking hated Wolt' wagon

TOTAL BASE STATS

ROY: 47

ALAN: 47

LANCE: 47

WOLT: 37

BORS: 49

WOLT STARTS OFF WITH A FULL 10 LESS BASE POINTS THAN EVERYONE ELSE!

Edited by Onmi

WOLT STARTS OFF WITH A FULL 10 LESS BASE POINTS THAN EVERYONE ELSE!

Are you counting HP with other stats as one-for-one? Because that seems ...silly, to say the least, even leaving alone that one point of str != one point of lck in practicality.

Anyway, tallying. I slept in.

I was, but if we cut HP for the score

ROY: 29

ALAN: 27

LANCE: 26

WOLT: 19

BORS: 29

7 points lower than Lance, 8 points lower than Alan, 10 points lower than Roy and Bors.