Concerning Part 2

StinDuh

I think Part 2 leads into 3-10 at least. Elincia has little confidence in herself as a ruler following FE9 and this lack of confidence is what propels many of the nobles' complaints against her at the beginning of Part 2. Ludveck's rebellion allows her to become a strong ruler, as opposed to merely a compassionate one. Without the confidence from this experience, Elincia likely would have had difficulties standing up to either Valtome or the Laguz Alliance. Crimea's preciously neutral stance allows for them to host the political meeting that aligns the apostle's forces (and reverses the situation of FE9, where Elincia went to Sanaki for aid, now it is the opposite).

Yes, maybe Part 2 wasn't strictly necessary, but the other parts of the game are stronger with it than without it IMO.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I agree with Cynthia in that part, Parts 1, 3 and 4 need of P2. Still I think of P2 as a direct consequence of P1's plot. The Crimeans declare rebellion because they think Daein was going to take revenge or something, that's why the nobles and aristocrats want their Queen down, because they fear the past would repeat itself.

Besides P2 helps Queen Elincia to strengthen her ruling abilities, that's why 2-3 and 2-E occur, cause she order the CRKs to approach Felirae and make them surrender; they resist, so they die. At 2-E she defends Crimea from Ludveck's invasion. This events make her more solid as a Queen, culminating in 3-9, 3-10 bla bla bla...

I agree with Cynthia in that part, Parts 1, 3 and 4 need of P2. Still I think of P2 as a direct consequence of P1's plot. The Crimeans declare rebellion because they think Daein was going to take revenge or something, that's why the nobles and aristocrats want their Queen down, because they fear the past would repeat itself.

Besides P2 helps Queen Elincia to strengthen her ruling abilities, that's why 2-3 and 2-E occur, cause she order the CRKs to approach Felirae and make them surrender; they resist, so they die. At 2-E she defends Crimea from Ludveck's invasion. This events make her more solid as a Queen, culminating in 3-9, 3-10 bla bla bla...

Alright, I accept this as the best explanation. I guess I never saw it that way.

If we're looking at Part 3 to be really that important, then I don't see much use in Part 1 either. Part 1 isn't involved until we hit 3-6ish, and then Part 2 becomes involved around 3-8. Many portions of Part 3 are a result of Elincia's development (as I view it) in Part 2- which was to be ballsier and to stand up for her country. I don't think she would've stood like that in front of Begnion if she didn't have Part 2's development.

Another portion of it is the extension of "Ike's story will cause ugly ambition to arise" or w/e Sephiran said, except applied to his own home country. And it also provides closure to Crimea from FE9 too, considering FE9's Crimea was in shambles and Elincia has never properly dealt with the politics of the country before.