Rate the Unit, Day 11: Thany

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I suppose that's true. Thany is nothing special compared to Caeda (Because of Wing Spear, not rescue), Palla, Catria, Karin, or Vanessa though.

EDIT: Well, maybe Florina.

Edited by Darros

I would say Thany is better than Vanessa for sure, but that's just me.

Anyway I have important stuff to do, like eat lunch. Please continue on with the ratings, sorry for getting sidetracked.

Since every single map is a seize ever, getting Rutger/Roy to throne is a pretty useful job.

Until people who can actually take hits and do the job better show up. :U

I don't even know why I'm arguing too much here, I don't care much for Thany.

That thread still exists!? I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't see my name there. I guess I didn't find Thany's sexual identity particularly interesting at the time.

Anyhow:

Thany has 11 attack and 8 AS with an iron lance. She has 10 attack and 5 AS with a javelin. This is with middling hit and a whole lot of wtd against axe users.

I just wanted to put that out there because I cannot stand Thany. Though I suppose going on about her combat is as much missing the point as going on about how much Chad and Lalam suck at fighting. Personally I give her zero kills and don't use her past chapter 5 but, you know, PEMN.

I'm looking for an excuse to give a lower score but I can't really justify it.

Edited by Duff Ostrich

Until people who can actually take hits and do the job better show up. :U

I don't even know why I'm arguing too much here, I don't care much for Thany.

I dont either but people who can take hits better should be clearing the way anyway

Like I wouldn't use Miledy for ferrying when I can have her destroy half a map

Ey is a pretty important unit, and I always value an early game flier. Eir contributions are invaluable, and range from dropping over the trapgate in Ch5, to over the wall in Ch11, to across the lava in 8x, etc. etc. Raising em to level 10 by the isles is a challenge, but by no means impossible, and certainly IMO is worthwhile. I've always had better luck with em than with eir sister, for some reason as well. Probably because my playstyle preferentially selects for strength and speed blessings at the expense of defensive ones, which may render that slightly invalid in terms of a pure objective ranking.

Also, what was it dondon said about 0% growths desert chapter? Base Thany still manages to be the 3rd best unit on the map? Sounds about right to me.

Thany: 9/10.

She is a Bad Unit when it comes to combat but she is good for Rescuing and all that jazz...

I will give her a 7.5/10, (with +1 Bias)

Sure, her durability and combat may be balls (Ugh... weighed down by many stuff is sadfais); but... but...

DAT FLIGHT! DAT FERRYING! DAT DODGE!

Also, if you like to play bloody; she can blick off any easy or weakened targets. If you want to bring her around after Miledy/Tate arrives cause rescue chains are hilarious; you wanna might give her the Delphi Shield, if you want to that is...

So, my verdict?

8/10... But I shall use my magical bias powers to kick it up to...

9/10

I want to play a FE6 draft so I can pick Thany because flight is that good. Thany is one of my favorites so 10/10 ;W;. I don't want my vote discarded, Thany spends her time contributing to the team ferrying and its just as useful too ^^' and she's one of the earliest units so she'll be contributing that much longer. 9.5/10

Poor Thany. Her only use is to rescuedrop. Then again this is FE6 and unless you're a prepromo you tend to suck unless you're Dieck or Rutger. 9/10 because she has a flying pony.

His combat is pretty pathetic frankly, his durability is pretty bad and he tends to scratch enemies twice if he inflicts damage at all, but that's not why you're using him, is it? His unique utility is his main selling point, and the fact that he's the first gets him major brownie points. You'll get a few chapters of midgame use out of him, which is more than can be said for some other earlygame units, but once his level 10 compatriot comes around, unless you've been training him, he'll probably get benched. But that unit can't be everything and do everything at once, and he's the second-best, so there's hope for him yet. Just don't expect him to be swinging a Legendary Weapon around.

But enough about Chad, he'll have to wait till tomorrow to be rated. Thany flies around, but there's not that many chapters where a flier is beneficial. Her starting chapter. Chapter 5 possibly? (The one with the gate where Saul does not join and there are mountains) Chapter 9 she can do villages if archers don't hit her. She busy recruiting her sister in the next flying is useful chapter, and chapters 13-15. After that, you've already gotten Ragnell Miredy and promoted/trained her, so Thany's now pretty superfluous.

Thany gets 7/10