Weapons and spells

Andreyas

I noticed that. So we could see some new spells. I wouldn't mind seeing an earth spell... and maybe some more ice spells like Fimbulvetr and Blizzard.

Edited by Andreyas

I think we can safely expect all the Fire, Thunder and Wind spells from Radiant Dawn.

Plus joke weapons like Wooden Twigs and cameo weapons like Fin's Guard-lance, Leaf's Treasured-sword.

I want the Tomes to have diverse effects. Since all magic comes from the tome rank it would seem like a waste if they don't make Mages/Sage's versatile(especially since they seem to have lower stats than other units, sort of like in RD).

I'm hoping they include Nosferatu/Resire as a regular spell.

It's available in shops, so I think this is the case, probably as C rank.

We've also seen the basic elemental trio, El- and Arc- spells, and even Bolganone and Rexcalibur. So as Vincent said, I think it's a safe bet that we'll have those as five levels for E-A. This will likely be in place of stranger elemental spells, so I highly doubt we'll see spells like ice and earth magic here. They just wouldn't fit; no room.

I'd like to see spells that target Defence instead of Resistance.

A majority of magic using classes can already target Def with physical weapons. This addition would be utterly pointless.

A majority of magic using classes can already target Def with physical weapons. This addition would be utterly pointless.

I meant "spells that run off the user's magic stat, yet target the opponent's defence." We have magic swords and the like, so it wouldn't be that outlandish.

>What weapons and spells can we expect?

>ALL OF THEM.

I meant "spells that run off the user's magic stat, yet target the opponent's defence." We have magic swords and the like, so it wouldn't be that outlandish.

But magic swords usually run off the user's magic and hit the target's resistance.

Not really. It'd allow you to target a weakness that you otherwise wouldn't have access to. A mage could decimate all the magic-users/pegasus/holy craps he wants if he can avoid their high magic defense and go after their shallow physical defense.

Not really. It'd allow you to target a weakness that you otherwise wouldn't have access to. A mage could decimate all the magic-users/pegasus/holy craps he wants if he can avoid their high magic defense and go after their shallow physical defense.

In other words, exactly what half the mage classes have a whole physical weapon type to do. And you would want a spell that could single-handedly outclass all of that, hitting for likely more damage and at 1-2 range?

In other words, exactly what half the mage classes have a whole physical weapon type to do. And you would want a spell that could single-handedly outclass all of that, hitting for likely more damage and at 1-2 range?

Yeah!

But psishock is awesome!

That it is.

It also works better in terms of not dominating strategies, since it's only one type. It can be a great substitute for mixed attacking when you can get away with using a Psychic-type move, but it doesn't outclass other strategies that call for other, typically better attack types.