Unlock 100% support convos in support viewer immediately?

Belf

I've tried searching for a code or way to hack for this. I understand there is a save file out there with all supports unlocked, but I really need to do this on my own save file I'm using.

That's stored in the RAM, not the ROM

I know that. That's why I asked in my question if any anyone has a code (gameshark or whatever). However, you can edit the .sav file too with a hex editor, which is why I'm also asking if anyone knows what offset the supports are in.

No one has this information readily. Well at least not that I know of. It's not even in Hextator's doc.

You'll have to use VBA's "Cheat Search" function, or something similar and just hack it via RAM. Then either modify the .sav data or save in a chapter or something to have the game save it permanently on the .sav file.

I honestly don't see what's so important about your save. I mean I would think you're saving your ranking for your playthroughs... but the heck's the point if you just want to view the dang supports?

I know that. That's why I asked in my question if any anyone has a code (gameshark or whatever). However, you can edit the .sav file too with a hex editor, which is why I'm also asking if anyone knows what offset the supports are in.

this is rom hacking

I'd honestly just recommend a google search. I had a code for FE8 that filled all the supports, but idk what it is anymore, think it got deleted (that was when I used a physical GameShark device, sooo)

If you want one for FE7, just find one of those supercheats (or other sites) threads on FE7 and Ctrl+F for "support" - Can't guarantee you'll find anything but almost no one here messes with RAM hacking, so that'd likely be a better bet.

Can I ask why you need it?

Thanks for the suggestions. I've just decided to go the long way and use codes to get the support convos more quickly. Why? It's just some ocd thing I have to complete everything in the game on my own. Normally I wouldn't use cheats, but getting all the supports the legit way would take forever.

I suspect SoC knows something about this...

I got nothing Zahlman.

I only know about FE6 supports, and that has nothing to do with hacking saves for a library.

Edit: Oh, you meant supports via RAM hacking. That's easy enough.

Player 1 slot 1 0202BD50

Go into VBA's memory viewer. Type that in. That's for slot one. Open up windows calculator, and depending on what operating system you have go into "scientific" or "programmer".

If you have XP, go "scientific"... if Vista or 7, go "programmer".

Select "Hex" mode. Add 0x32. That is the first support slot for the first character. There are 10 support slots. These are the values you want to be able to view them:

Support Values:

50 Hex, 80 = C Support viewable

A0 Hex, 160 = B Viewable

F0 Hex, 240 = A Viewable

For example, if it's Eliwood for the first slot, Hector is his first support at 0x202BD82... which has 0xF0 which is "A Viewable".

86211362.png

86227197.png

Each character slot is 0x48. So if you want the second character, add 0x48 to 0x0202BD50.

Remember, only Eliwood has the points for this example, so only Eliwood would be able to initiate the support... Hector won't be able to unless you do the same thing.

Also, you shift around the character slots via the "Pick Units" in the prep screen. So basically you have a fixed Slot 1 (usually the lord of the mode) and then the people you pick for the chapter. So basically if someone's in a really far slot, unselect everyone else but the lord and the person you want for slot 2 in "Pick Units", and then press B. Press A to go back to "Pick Units" and they should be on slot 2. You can do the same thing for Slot 3 for the other person you want to support with if it's not the lord and slot 2 person.

Also remember that Lyn mode doesn't have supports enabled.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Player 1 slot 1 0202BD50

Go into VBA's memory viewer. Type that in. That's for slot one. Open up windows calculator, and depending on what operating system you have go into "scientific" or "programmer".

If you have XP, go "scientific"... if Vista or 7, go "programmer".

Select "Hex" mode. Add 0x32.

Dude, you don't need a calculator for this and honestly that just complicates things. The hex display of the memory viewer is 0x10 bytes wide. So you just go to the 4th row, 3rd column for the first support.

There are 10 support slots

Just to be clear, 10 consecutive bytes, yeah?

Each character slot is 0x48.

So, starting from the first support slot, count 4 down and 8 across; then for the next one, count 5 down and 8 back (which puts you back in the original column), etc. With practice, this is super-fast and you don't need to do any actual math, calculator or no.

Edited by zahlman

So, starting from the first support slot, count 4 down and 8 across; then for the next one, count 5 down and 8 back (which puts you back in the original column), etc. With practice, this is super-fast and you don't need to do any actual math, calculator or no.

Ha ha. That's what I do for hacking stats for the critical collection.

I'm just being precise for people who aren't used to this.