Nintendo Direct April 2012 Trailer

Wooster

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably just the angle that makes it hard to tell whether the visible part is parallel with the bottom of his foot or sticking up to give room for a foot there.

I just checked the Classes video again, and it seems like Roy's redesign is almost entirely based on the mercenary class. Belts, shoulder pad (even its shape) and boots/pants match up perfectly with the in game 3d model of the mercenary class. Of course, Roy has a cape too, and a different head. I thought his design resembled something from the game itself, but I hadn't realized how close it was to it.

I just checked the Classes video again, and it seems like Roy's redesign is almost entirely based on the mercenary class. Belts, shoulder pad (even its shape) and boots/pants match up perfectly with the in game 3d model of the mercenary class. Of course, Roy has a cape too, and a different head. I thought his design resembled something from the game itself, but I hadn't realized how close it was to it.

In that case, it's safe to assume that if at some point they release Ike as a DLC character, he'll have the same model (with a colour change) and class as the new Roy, right?

Edit: ...On second thought, maybe not 'safe' but at least reasonable. Not that my point matters anyway.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

In that case, it's safe to assume that if at some point they release Ike as a DLC character, he'll have the same model (with a colour change) and class as the new Roy, right?

I don't think we should assume that. They seem to be going all out with custom classes and stuff for these characters.

They'll probably be different. I can't imagine they'd put Ike and Roy into the same class when they look to be trying to make everything unique. Not sure what either of them would be put into otherwise (Ike is pretty much Hero material when it comes to the classes), but they're doing a good job of putting hard work into this so far. Wouldn't be surprised if they wind up being completely unique classes though.

They might use Krom's Lord outfit as a base for Ike's redesign. Marth was based on masked Marth, after all. So, they aren't above making DLC based on special classes. I'm just talking about designs though, not the classes themselves. Marth's class is different from Masked Marth's, so I don't think Roy is going to be just a "mercenary" in spite of using that design. The DLCs seem to be at least getting their own personal classes.

It's still a bit cheap though, thinking about it. DLC characters have no voice acting, no cut-ins for their criticals, no supports and even their "exclusive" models seem to always be based on in game models, even if only partially. I actually have no complaints about the spotpass characters. Those 120 units being in the game is a very good bonus to me even if they're just generic units, but the actual paid content being limited like that seems somewhat disappointing.

Edited by NeonZ

Only Marth, Roy and FE 9 and 10 characters had voice acting though. But yeah,since not even they have voices as DLC, I see what you mean. All of the voice actors for the characters I've heard on the site all seem to be high profile, too. Budget problems would definitely occur.

My guess is each character gets based off of a class. Marth was updated to match Masked while Roy and Leaf look similar to Merc and Trickster. If they follow this trend, I figure the others will follow suit.

Edited by Shun One

pfft...the leaf guy looks just like Raven...

Roy, on the other hand, looks like he walked straight out of TWEWY. I might be the only one here who doesn't like it, but his body looks really exaggerated and over the top. And he looks more starved and malnourished than badass, in my opinion. I even had to check the comments to confim that, yeah, that IS Roy, since he looks nothing like the kid i was playing with back in FE6. At least he has an awesome costume.

Also, why a merc? He strikes me more as a less graceful myrmidon.

Maybe he's posessed by the ghost of Ike, but that doesn't explain the sudden weight loss :P:

pfft...the leaf guy looks just like Raven...

Roy, on the other hand, looks like he walked straight out of TWEWY. I might be the only one here who doesn't like it, but his body looks really exaggerated and over the top. And he looks more starved and malnourished than badass, in my opinion. I even had to check the comments to confim that, yeah, that IS Roy, since he looks nothing like the kid i was playing with back in FE6. At least he has an awesome costume.

Maybe he's posessed by the ghost of Ike, but that doesn't explain the sudden weight loss :P:

First thing I thought was that he looked a lot more like Ike than Roy. And he's certainly not as...chubby as he used to be. I'd say he walked out of The Last Story though. His proportions remind me of Yurick. Though, it does make me anxious to see what they may or may not do to Ike.

Also, if the trend of artists continue, chances are someone is going to be drawn by Shirow Masamune. I...was not a fan of his Shadow Dragon work, but that's more his style than the designs themselves. Maybe he'll change it up if he gets to do someone for this?

Also, why a merc? He strikes me more as a less graceful myrmidon.

Hm...I think Mercenary is a good fit as far as class goes. From what I recall, Roy was a pretty unremarkable unit and only used swords. This class fits him pretty well and his costume makes him look like a Lord. Though, chances are he'll get a unique class like Marth did.

Edited by Shun One

Not only Roy DLC is based on the mercenary look, Alm and Ike also are mercenaries in Marth's DLC chapter. It's just the most straightforward swordsman class, so I can see why they're using it for the main characters with unique classes that are just about straight forward sword fighting.

I don't think they'll have those classes if they become actual DLC though, rather than just spot pass units. Most likely they'll get unique classes too, just with the model based on something else and I don't think they'd use mercenaries twice, the reusing of assets would become too obvious. I could see them using the Hero design for Alm, minus the shield, while Ike, like I said before, would probably be based on Krom's Lord class.

Edited by NeonZ

Not only Roy DLC is based on the mercenary look, Alm and Ike also are mercenaries in Marth's DLC chapter. It's just the most straightforward swordsman class, so I can see why they're using it for the main characters with unique classes that are just about straight forward sword fighting.

I don't think they'll have those classes if they become actual DLC though, rather than just spot pass units. Most likely they'll get unique classes too, just with the model based on something else and I don't think they'd use mercenaries twice, the reusing of assets would become too obvious. I could see them using the Hero design for Alm, minus the shield, while Ike, like I said before, would probably be based on Krom's Lord class.

I agree with this. In Ike's case, well, he literally was a mercenary (Ranger? Pfft...we know what you are Ike) so it made even more sense for him. From the cameo appearances thus far, I'd say they were placed in a class most fitting them (well, in most cases at least). I'm willing to take a few guesses as to the returning characters class variants (assuming they get a DLC chapter). Going off of the three we already have ofcourse...

Marth =

Luchina's Lord Class

Roy = Mercenary

Leaf = Trickster

- - -

Ike = Krom's class

Lyn = Mrymidon

Eliwood = Paladin

Hector = Warrior

Celice = Paladin

Sigurd = Paladin

Alm = Hero/Master Lord Krom

Celica = Dark Knight

Ephraim = Master Lord

Eirika = Battle Sister

The bolded are those that I'm most certain about. The only real puzzle for me is whether they'll base multiple DLC characters after the same class base. Here's to looking forward to the next DLC announcement.

I agree with this. In Ike's case, well, he literally was a mercenary (Ranger? Pfft...we know what you are Ike) so it made even more sense for him. From the cameo appearances thus far, I'd say they were placed in a class most fitting them (well, in most cases at least). I'm willing to take a few guesses as to the returning characters class variants (assuming they get a DLC chapter). Going off of the three we already have ofcourse...

Marth =

Luchina's Lord Class

Roy = Mercenary

Leaf = Trickster

- - -

Ike = Krom's class

Lyn = Mrymidon

Eliwood = Paladin

Hector = Warrior

Celice = Paladin

Sigurd = Paladin

Alm = Hero/Master Lord Krom

Celica = Dark Knight

Ephraim = Master Lord

Eirika = Battle Sister

The bolded are those that I'm most certain about. The only real puzzle for me is whether they'll base multiple DLC characters after the same class base. Here's to looking forward to the next DLC announcement.

Eirika? Battle sister? What the heck is giving you that kind of vibe?

Eirika? Battle sister? What the heck is giving you that kind of vibe?

The hoop skirt thing. Was mainly grasping at straws here, and mind you, I'm just going by general appearances. Heck, that was is down-right not happening! But! It's no fun if I make all safe bets.