Character Stats

Skill is pretty bad, but Luck is worse without a doubt. Res is actually useful in this game with the number of tough magic enemies.

Crits aren't such a huge concern, especially since three support levels mean +10 CEV.

With a regular cap of 45 able to completely dodge an enemy's critical with a Killer weapon (you needed supports in the past to do that) and great skills like Weapon Saver and Mug relying on it to save or give you money, I think luck's at its most useful in this game. On previous games, it just added a little bit to hit/avoid and determined Miracle/Prayer, but now it can do that and more.

I think everyone with good luck and that can reclass to mercenary, should get Weapon Saver, because then they can do broken things such as soloing a map with one weapon (there's a reason Marth was given a 3 luck cap modifier and class support bonus).

Still, anything you choose as best/worst will just add a bit to the already great unit, MyUnit by default is. If they need help in one stat, just reclass them to a class that seems to be proficient in it for better growths (sage for magic, for example).

Edited by Silent Mercenary

Description is a lie. Should be "how broken grinding can be".

Weapon Saver and Mug can be great if you go for them, but they can be kind of out-of-the-way in terms of character progression, making them a bit costly to get unless you grind a lot and make the game boring anyway. Which is your choice, but I don't see the point in making comparisons with that in mind since everything then destroys everything. Personally, I've always gotten best results with MU focusing on magic and promoting to Grandmaster ASAP, which doesn't leave much room for detours into either of those classes.

Alo, avoiding enemy criticals without supports isn't too significant when you will get supports, and enemies can get crit rates high enough to cut through that anyway. Plus, if your Luck is over 40, your Def and/or Res could also be, and make it so that you avoid taking much damage from those attacks in the first place.

When are Levin Swords available? I kinda want to MU or Mark to specialize in them so I can use them outside of Tricksters and plan my build training schedules around it.

You get one in Ch11; I think it's your first. Don't know how many more you get, but I don't think it's a huge number. There's no easy way to get unlimited quantities, for sure, so you'll be working with a rather limited supply.

Edited by Othin

Yeah, MU's own base Luck is definitely not 0. Checking a new file, it lines up with Vincent's info listing MU's base Luck as 4.

Ah right, my bad, yeah, I was looking at Class base. Oh well, Like I said, think I'd do +SPD/-MAG anyway.

You get one in Ch11; I think it's your first. Don't know how many more you get, but I don't think it's a huge number. There's no easy way to get unlimited quantities, for sure, so you'll be working with a rather limited supply.

Gosh Darn it. Maybe I need weapon saver after all. Depends on the actual number.

What does Weapon Saver do? Eliminate weapons breaking?

Save weapon uses at a Luckx2 rate. Since Luck caps at 45, you have some extremely high chances of keeping your rare weapons intact (and I guess all the cash conserved until that point also stacks quickly).

Description is a lie. Should be "how broken grinding can be".

Weapon Saver and Mug can be great if you go for them, but they can be kind of out-of-the-way in terms of character progression, making them a bit costly to get unless you grind a lot and make the game boring anyway. Which is your choice, but I don't see the point in making comparisons with that in mind since everything then destroys everything. Personally, I've always gotten best results with MU focusing on magic and promoting to Grandmaster ASAP, which doesn't leave much room for detours into either of those classes.

Alo, avoiding enemy criticals without supports isn't too significant when you will get supports, and enemies can get crit rates high enough to cut through that anyway. Plus, if your Luck is over 40, your Def and/or Res could also be, and make it so that you avoid taking much damage from those attacks in the first place.

That too, but he would have ran out of Nosferatu if he didn't have Weapon Saver on. It seems 'grinding' is really grinding in this game and not something you obtain from playing a few spotpasses/skirmishes. Even if they don't have 50 luck through caps/bonuses to assure 100%, I'll go for those two skills to save me money in the long run. Oh, enemies do have skill then.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can buy an unlimited number of Levin Swords with fame points (270, which is 5 spotpasses and 2 skirmishes). I know I saw someone with a lot of Levin Swords, don't remember who or if they got it by chance in the sparkle spots/streetpass!MUs.

My point is, he could have done the same without Nosferatu at all. He was that powerful. And you can buy the tomes easily for less than 1000 gold each: I'm sure a set of five would have been enough to last the chapter.

And yeah, enemy stats in this game get higher than in any other FE game: in terms of raw stats, they're even at their strongest relative to the powerful player characters, and this forces you to rely on tricks like Double to beat them.

And yes, now that you mention it, you can get an unlimited number of Levin Swords if you grind that way, but it sounds a bit time-consuming - six maps for 25 uses? But yeah, that would be a good place for Weapon Saver. What I should mention while discussing this is that unless I was missing something, the rumor about easy Fame is a lie - you don't get huge amounts of Fame from the Gold and Silver DLC, if you get any at all. I don't remember where I heard about it, but it was my main reason for getting the DLC, and it doesn't seem to be true.