Best/Worst Character Designs

Works of art can have interpretations different from what the creator might have intended. And finding Christian allegories in the Chronicles of Narnia is certainly more than grasping at straws. Whether or not Lewis intended to express his religion in his books, it is definitely possible to find it there.

Oh, you don't need to tell me that. In fact, the authorial intention is more-or-less irrelevant to the work, according to an existentialist/post-modernist perspective.

LotR, however, doesn't have many themes, true enough. But it doesn't need to either.

True, it's entertaining.

But that doesn't mean it's good/art/what-you-will. Of course, the next step is to define what we mean by "art," which is not possible.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Anouleth has stumbled upon why there are no good fantasy stories

The fact that people constantly claim Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia to be allegories is merely a grasping-at-straws attempt to make those stories relevant to any real-world purposes.

I think that the Lord of the Rings an excellent story, because J.R.R Tolkien does such a good job of generating a rich and interesting setting. And what we see in the Lord of the Rings is really only the tip of the iceberg.

That being said, for the majority of fantasy settings it is perfectly acceptable to use established fantasy conventions. It would be nice if everyone could be as ambitious as J.R.R. Tolkien, but I think that most writers wouldn't be able to pull it off.

Yeha, I'm going to have to ask you guys to get back on topic. Make a new topic if you want to continue these conversations.

Is that really all the playable characters in the information section? I mean, with the 2nd generation being there, it still feels like there isn't that much..

Is that really all the playable characters in the information section? I mean, with the 2nd generation being there, it still feels like there isn't that much..

Sort of. The 30 Gen 1 characters and the 13 Gen 2 characters constitute the main story. There's also the characters from the SpotPass sidequests: only Gangrel has been released so far, but the total will be six. So that's 49 regular characters, each with a lot of room for customization.

But then there's the ones from the other games. You have 20 slots for additional characters on your team, and you can fill those slots with the 120 SpotPass characters from past games, the probably 20 DLC characters also from past games, or other players' MUs.

Sort of. The 30 Gen 1 characters and the 13 Gen 2 characters constitute the main story. There's also the characters from the SpotPass sidequests: only Gangrel has been released so far, but the total will be six. So that's 49 regular characters, each with a lot of room for customization.

But then there's the ones from the other games. You have 20 slots for additional characters on your team, and you can fill those slots with the 120 SpotPass characters from past games, the probably 20 DLC characters also from past games, or other players' MUs.

Thanks for clearing that up. That's maximum of 69 units. ..That's gonna be a joke for a while.

A random Soso artwork portrays her wearing garterbelt...

Is it mandatory for all Manaketes or something...?

Tiki needs to feel good about her unusual dress sense, and the only way she can do that is force other Manaketes to wear pretty much the same thing and pass it off as traditional Manakete garb

considering the existence of Bantu, suddenly I am very glad it probably isn't actual traditional Manakete garb

Tiki needs to feel good about her unusual dress sense, and the only way she can do that is force other Manaketes to wear pretty much the same thing and pass it off as traditional Manakete garb

considering the existence of Bantu, suddenly I am very glad it probably isn't actual traditional Manakete garb

And all the other generic manaketes that marth slayed. Tiki ordered him to do so as punishment for not wearing a dress

I don't really hate any designs (well expect the one's that everyone hates the toilet armor) I'm even cool with the dark mage designs I actually like the designs of them and so do a lot of people I know.

Anyway I guess i'll just state my favorites since I don't really hate any of them.

Serge is my #1 favorite as she's a wyvern rider and I love her design, she's beautiful as well and I love red hair. I want full body artwork now.

Tiamo I like her design though that stance is weird and she has a nice personality

Sumia I like everything about her except her voice but I know that the english voice-over won't be that squeaky.

Sairi I love her design and she's my second favorite, I don't know why some people have problems with her overall design from her waist down but its an actual realistic design.

Frederick I love his design and the fact that he's a calm and collected guy.

Well there are lots if things that I do like,

But on to the topic.

I really dislike how generals/ knights were designed.

was hoping for the generals to be a bit closer to those of the gba games.

Deep breath...

I also dislike mu!

Yes I said it!

I actually hate the strategist clothing ( obviously I have no problem with the head) . I'm not sure exactly what it looks like once reclassed, but I hate how mu is dressed initially.

Also I'm not to keen in how wyvern knights are made...

EDIT: shit, just realized that I has my criticisms of the classes... Bitcte charecters. Sorry guys.

I have no problem with any of the charecters.

Edited by pegasusmage

Well there are lots if things that I do like,

But on to the topic.

I really dislike how generals/ knights were designed.

was hoping for the generals to be a bit closer to those of the gba games.

Deep breath...

I also dislike mu!

Yes I said it!

I actually hate the strategist clothing ( obviously I have no problem with the head) . I'm not sure exactly what it looks like once reclassed, but I hate how mu is dressed initially.

Also I'm not to keen in how wyvern knights are made...

EDIT: shit, just realized that I has my criticisms of the classes... Bitcte charecters. Sorry guys.

I have no problem with any of the charecters.

It's fine, character designs also includes classes. Generals look like big ol' metal balls.

I'm not too bad with Mu dressing, but it is a little strange. I'm pretty sure it changes to other things when reclassed.

Sairi I love her design and she's my second favorite, I don't know why some people have problems with her overall design from her waist down but its an actual realistic design.

No one has problems with Sairi's design. :/ I don't know where you got that from.

Maybe you're thinking of Tiamo, since people were picking on the non-boots and the garter belts.

Even the ones without garter belts. Not a fan of Sairi's weird flap-looking things on the side of her shoes, but I like the rest of her enough to overlook that, for example. And don't like how there's a big cutout on the pegasi's boots around the back of their foot.

But it's not something nearly as awkward as spacemarine knights, round ball generals, and toilet cavs.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Um, why has no one yet mentioned how AWESOME Donny looks with the bucket on his head? I honestly think he looks like the coolest character design.

And I'm really disappointed with how the knights look.

No one has problems with Sairi's design. :/ I don't know where you got that from.

Maybe you're thinking of Tiamo, since people were picking on the non-boots and the garter belts.

Um maybe I got it mixed up with sariya I guess since their names both stat with Sa.

Edited by Lextherex