Let's Nuzlocke Pokemon Platinum!

Bluedoom

Crap what have I gotten myself into? Now I will never break free from the shackles of Nuzlocke! At least, until I kick Cynthia's butt(Oh, the horror!)

The nuzlocke playthroughs on here have inspired me to do a nuzlocke in gen 4. Hopefully I can keep up a good standard for this try. :)

So, on my first try, my starter fainted in the rival battle. :| That's right game over right there. LET'S TRY AGAAAAIIINNNNN!

Second try:

I choose Turtwig once again, this time winning(man its pathetic against chimchar). I run around doing all the important(not!) stuff and finally start trying to catch pokemon. I go to route 201, first meet a Starly, and due to my bad luck, turtwig critkills it. Lovely. Oh yeah, I named my Turtwig Gaia.

I go to route 202 and get.... a Bidoof. God you effin horrible ugly thing, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO LOOK CUTE? I end up catching t cuz come on, Bidoof! And I need an extra pokemon. I start grinding a bit with Bidoof otherwise its sure to die.

I reach Jubilife City, just to find Dawn again and Looker. And guess what? I downloaded a messed up translation rom instead of a proper english rom. God they've mixed up the dialogue between Dawn, ooker, the Poketch giver and the three clowns. It was a painful experience.

I decide to go north to the next route, fight a few trainers, and manage to find... another Bidoof. God this is getting old. I kill it because fuck Bidoofs. I go into the ravaged path and... get a Zubat! YES! I shall make sure you are kept alive, my lovely Zubat, and soon you will become an awesome Crobat of THE HIGHEST TIER!

I train Zubat a bit and then head back, meeting up with Barry, heading to the next route, battling him(Zubat and Turtwig take care of his mons) and I go into the grass once again! This time I FIND... YES! ANOTHER FUCKIN BIDOOF! OH POKEMON GOD, IF YOU EXIST, I REALLY LOVE YOU! Maybe I should become a Bidoof exterminator, those pesky rodents.

Going thrugh the cave(and getting another Zubat *sigh*) I reach Oreburgh City with little difficulty. I go int the route north f this city AND I meet up with a Geodude. Awww. I was expecting a Ponyta/Machop. Oh well, Geodude's still a good bro. Well, ok, this Geodude was a sis. Yes, was.

Well what happens? I make Zubat use one more astonish to get its HP to red AND it criticals. Wonderful. I have just lost my chance at catching anything useful atm.

I head out to the Oreburgh mines. A WILD GEODUDE APPEARS! YES! YOU'RE A REAL BRO MAN! This time I don't galter and successfully capture it. I name it Bro. <3

I start training Bro by using it against Ponyta. Ponyta are a nice source of training, and if I want Bro to be useful in the upcoming gym battle, ts gotta be trained.

Gaia gets his training by just absorb killing the gym trainer's geodude. Lol. Finally, we meet, esteemed gym leader Roark! PREPARE TO BE ABSORBED!

And that's what happens to his first geodude, restoring Gaiag back to full health. Next is Onix. Lol let's Razor Leaf the thing. Oh yeah, now its Bro vs Cranidos. I start using Defence Curl so that Bro can take some pursuit hits, then I use a potion. You just got trolled, Roark.

And that's about it for now.

Name	Species	 Lvl	Nature	HP	Atk	Def	SpA	SpDef	Speed	Move1	Move2	 Move3	  	Move4
Gaia	Turtwig	16	Bashful	47	29	30	21	22	16	Tackle	Withdraw	 Absorb	  	Razor Leaf
Bro	Geodude	13	Jolly	34	26	33	13	15	14	Tackle	Def Curl	Rockthrow	Rock Polish
Bidoof	Bidoof	8	Bashful	27	12	11	12	12	10	Tackle	Growl
Zubat	Zubat	10	Mild	29	15	10	13	13	17	LeechL	SupSon	Astonish	

I admire the amibtion and willpower of anyone attempting a Nuzlocke run because I could never do it. Since you're playing Platinum, you'll be able to get Bebe's Eevee on your first visit to Hearthome, which should help you a ton. With such constraints on how to get Pokemon, it's good to have something that can evolve into one of seven things within your control. At this point I'd suggest making it into either Flareon or Jolteon considering the types of your current team, but things could change by the time you get to Hearthome. Best of luck to you!

So, I left us off on our last summary with me beating Roark. I was off to a pertty good start, not even losing a single pokemon.

And then fortune decided to betray me. >:(

So I head back to Jubilife City, where and kick the Galactic grunts with my Zubat. Then I head into Floaroma town. Things were looking good, with lvl 13 Zubat and Geodude, and a lvl 16 Turtwig. I go into Valley Windworks just to get a Pachirisu. Dammit, it sucks so bad. >.<

So in a go, kicking galactic grunts, screwing there pokemon(Bro got poisoned though) and finally go against Mars. Well, I was kicking her Zubat's butt until it poisoned my Geodude, goddammit. Then came in Purugly,and I HAD to swap Bro out. Dammit, poison. >.<

Then I decide to try Bidoof and pachirisu against it. Not really, since I had to heal Bro. Yup, Pachirisu didn't last long, and so did Bidoof. So long, loser pokemon. >.<Well, I end up using Turtwig, and after a few potions, it kicks Purugly's ass. Then it evolves

So then I continue on my journey to glory, headed to Route 205. A WILD BUIZEL APPEARS! I decide to try and catch it, and in the process, my Zubat is critkilled. Dammit, WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO HAVE ONLY THREE USABLE POKEMON, PLATINUM?? God, how will I face Gardenia now? *sniff*

I end up training Buizel, it ain't bad at all. A little frail, which is quite scary for me, but it does its job alright. I go into Eterna forest, meet up with Cheryl, and catch a Kricketot. Cool, I have some chance against Gardenia now! I screw with all the trainers, Buizel and Bro get good lvl ups.I emerge out of the forest without any trouble, and decide to train Kricketot because its my only chance against Gardenia. Perhaps Grotle might do well, but no risks are better.

And the training goes well... EXCEPT!

I find a wild Beautifly, who starts screwing with my pokemon, and I end up trying to using Bro against it. An absorb shouldn't be able to kill Bro, due to the weak Sp.Atk. Or so I thought, until it got critkilled. Awesome. I knew this game wanted me to have only 3 pokemon at any given time. >.< I run away of course.

I train Kricketot until lvl 16 so it can learn Bug Bite, a decent bug move for the time being. And man it trolled Gardenia's gym so hard. xD Of course, only Roserade was a problem, and I had to use 3 super potions, but in the end, Kricketune prevailed. OH YEAH!

I'm gonna post stats in my next update. BUT, I will post graveyard mons:

Bro(Geodude lvl 20): Trolled Roark's Cranidos and was useful, but that effin Beautifly killed him.

Pachirisu(lvl 9): Sucked in its first battle, never really did anything.

Bidoof(lvl 8): Sucked anyway. Rock Smash mon.

Zubat(lvl 13):Well it just was ok, wish I had it though.