Overall, what scrapped features do you support/oppose the removal of?

Retsudo

Here's my support list:

1. Light Magic-Did this game really need this magic with Anima (which has both accurate magic with stronger, less accurate magic) AND Dark (which has Nosferatu)? We have those axe priests for giving staff users a way to attack and use staffs that also sets them apart from other magic users.

2. Magic Triangle-Mages weren't common enough for it to be that big of a deal. And really, how often did you send mages with the advantage against the mages who don't have the advantage instead of cutting them or stabbing them? I'd the support the weapon triangle being scrapped too, to spice things up.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the affinity's.. Not only is it a cool feature, that adds another element to the characters' stats, but with the heavier emphasis on support, and children, I feel a lot could have been don with it.

Plus, i'd like to see which affinity Krom fell under :P

-Light magic, because it's weird for it to be the type missing this time around. Only representative known so far is Sacred Tome Naga and I'm not sure how it looks.

-Ballista/Crossbows, I know bows are stronger in comparison to other ranged options and that snipers have longbow exclusiveness, but it's seeming right now as a short detour to get Accuracy skills (or Bow Expert). The class seems unappealing to me, and unfortunately no archer in the 1st generation (MU aside) can get Counter to make up for the lack of melee range.

Soldiers/Halberdiers - They were very important to the Tellius series, complete the Single Weapon Class triangle, and add a Lance User that isn't a Beast or Armor unit. I'm sure everyone would agree that Donny would be twenty times better if he was a soldier instead of trainee.

Soldiers/Halberdiers - They were very important to the Tellius series, complete the Single Weapon Class triangle, and add a Lance User that isn't a Beast or Armor unit. I'm sure everyone would agree that Donny would be twenty times better if he was a soldier instead of trainee.

I'm still hoping Ephraim adds the soldier class like Alm did with the Demon/Magic Fighter, maybe Nephenee's spotpass can come after that as a soldier. The problem with villager is that they made it so the only pluses were the skills. They are only a temporary option due to low caps (20's) and apparently low growths. IS could have done something to make you want to stay or go back to it.

I'm still hoping Ephraim adds the soldier class like Alm did with the Demon/Magic Fighter, maybe Nephenee's spotpass can come after that as a soldier. The problem with villager is that they made it so the only pluses were the skills. They are only a temporary option due to low caps (20's) and apparently low growths. IS could have done something to make you want to stay or go back to it.

Whats worse about the villager class is that none of the higher class options are capable of using Lances at all and you'll have a high rank in Lances by the time you're ready to reclass.

I actually prefer the FE8 Trainees.

Support:

Magic Triangle

Pitting Mage against Mage was nearly always over-shadowed by having a melee user walk over and take them out instead. This gives magic users a much wider variety of weapons to choose from as well.

Light Magic

It...didn't really do that much save in Sacred Stones. Seeing how there aren't that many monsters here, it's presence isn't missed by me. The unique tomes that could be considered Light Magic are a nice touch though. I'd be against it's removal if IS found something else to do with it.

Oppose:

Soldier/Halberider

As was already said, complete the weapon triangle and give lances a non-mounted/armor unit to get things done.

Player vs Player

Please? I just want to use my ultimate team against someone elses. Helping each other is cool, but right now I want to fight.

Well, I can probably think of more but...

I miss:

Split magic! I've said it before and I'll say it again, merging magic sucks! :angry:

Classes having more than E ranks in weapons. Being stuck with Bronze now just makes it sound worse, like it will be a complete horror to raise weapon ranks after reclassing. :cry:

Different objectives... At least it sounds better than "Every day I'm Seizing" like FE1/3/4/6/11/12 but still...

Playable Soldiers, it was rare but neat. Now I won't even consider Donny...

I don't miss:

Fog Of War, thank goodness! That was just an awful feature and I can't be happier it's gone!

S rank weapon locks. Well, S ranks in general are gone but having yourself locked to one ultimate rank was a pain.

Edited by CrashGordon94

I don't miss:

Playable Soldiers, it was rare but neat. Now I won't even consider Donny...

I'm a little confused, do you support or oppose the removal of soldiers? Its in the I don't Miss section but you seem to imply that you would enjoy their presence and Donny would be better as one.

Player vs Player

Please? I just want to use my ultimate team against someone elses. Helping each other is cool, but right now I want to fight.

I miss this as well..

I think it'd need to be fleshed out quite a bit, but any form of competitive environment adds much more content to a game. It adds meaning to maxing the hell out of your units, and therefore extends gameplay time.

I'm a little confused, do you support or oppose the removal of soldiers? Its in the I don't Miss section but you seem to imply that you would enjoy their presence and Donny would be better as one.

Oh yeah, sorry I misplaced it.

Support: Merging Magic: While I was intially against it, the trinity of magic was pretty useless, and they still have wind, fire, and thunder spells.

Taking a lot of FE4 ideas: I love the two generation thing in FE4, and from what I've seen from this, it looks just as cool.

Against: Lack of light magic: While not my favorite magic type, it feels weird having it absent..

No Fog of War: Its a great challenge, and is just a nice change of pace once in a while.

Support:Yeah! No worrying about support affinities. And no Fog of War (I just dun like it, okay).

Dislike: Having no Soliders, kinda miss BEXP and I liked light magic and triangles, though not having triangles makes things easier. I'm prolly forgetting something else, too.

Edit:: I think Pvp was one of them.

Edited by Only My Unit

I support the removal of females barred from being mercenaries. Fucking yes femHeroes give me all of them

I'd rather have a primary magic separation (not anima elemental separation bullshit, that's just unnecessary as fuck) but I don't really mind it this way either. I mean, Sages do have staves so they're not totally outclassed by Sorcs.

Would like capture, but it probably wouldn't make sense in this setting. Still was a fun mechanic.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

It really bugged me to see Nephenee made into a General . . . just strange

Also, they made Ephiram (at least as a Spot Pass unit) a soldier previously, so there's a slight chance he may get a unique class. . . only if we're lucky enough to get it.

Sadly, I don't get why Villager and Soldier are male-only, just seems like backwards logic.

I'd also like to add, I oppose the nerfing of Great Shield and Generals losing the ability to use swords.

Sadly, I don't get why Villager and Soldier are male-only, just seems like backwards logic.

Probably because it was easier then creating a female model and Soldiers aren't used alot.