I Can't Believe It's Still Not SFMM2 Minimafia - Randomlynch Wins

Prims

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

postgaym p. 2:

There are too many people who were okay with the D1 RL, so if you were okay with the D1 RL, you need to read what I said to Paperblade.

Elieson: Your early posts following when you first subbed in looked pretty waffly. Like, you thought Rapier was 50/50 but voted him anyway without justifying why you thought he was scum and should have been lynched. That was pretty scummy. You did better as the game went on though, doc claim was a decent call, though you may have wanted to kill Manix before the claim, since if he had died after you claimed that would've reflectled horribly on you. It's generally important to roll town a few times before playing scum so I'd say pray for good luck with the RNG in the future and practice as town so you know what to look like as scum?

eclipse: I dunno why Paperblade's whining was scummy, first of all. The L-1 push was a subjective thing - claiming at L-1 when the day's at 24 hours or left tends to be standard procedure, and even if the day looked like the wagons could probably change, I don't think it was unreasonable for a concerned townie to request a claim - but I didn't even recall Paper being that whiny during D1 so that just sorta confused me even though you weren't actually voting on it.

Overall, your D1 was reasonable for a D1, but your activity kinda petered out D2. I assume that was because of being busy IRL or something, but just placing down votes on random people (Ether) without giving them anything to chew on doesn't really do much to encourage activity. Your D3 was probably the strongest day performance anybody had this game (for whatever that's worth), so yeah, you're probably town MVP.

Shinori: Eh. You did some spotty stuff early on, like discouraging voting inactives while your own vote was on Rapier, who isn't exactly known for being a frequent poster. The thought disconnect was noticable there. Additionally, if you didn't want a randomlynch D1, you should have just gone with the Blitz lynch for info since there wasn't really time to spring up a wagon on Ether or even anybody other than Blitz himself (unless you actually did want a randomlynch to fuck with people because you were scum). Also, protip: as scum, don't make huge listposts where almost everybody is listed as town or neutral. That basically screams "I KNOW EVERYBODY'S ALIGNMENTS AND HAVEN'T FEIGNED OPINIONS YET". You did this in SFMM2 too. Otherwise you did decent as a neighbor and a buddy as far as OC chat went.

Aere: Vote more and clarify your thoughts beyond vague one liners more and be around more often as well. You seemed like more of a background presence to me. Work on engaging in the game more openly if you aren't already.

Ether: Probably should've hammered Blitz like I said. Little else to say, you played a reasonable game but your content felt rather slim here and there. D2 especially, you had like what, four posts? If you're looking for stuff to comment on, consider posting about whether the posts of the people you think are scum have affected your opinions positively or negatively, or try to reinforce a wagon on them. Getting scum lynched is just as important as finding them, and just sort of sitting on your vote in the background doesn't help with that as much as it could.

Also it's confusing when people call No Kill NK because I use that abbreviation for Nightkill :(

Manix: People already slammed you about the fakeclaim and the D4 Ether vote, so yeah, keep that in mind. As for actual gameplay, like a lot of other players here, you could definitely stand to be more assertive. A lot of the time you just remove your vote and disappear, which slows the game because your timezone means people won't have any handle on your opinions or on who you want lynched until you can post again. I realize living in Australia isn't your fault, but if you're gonna remove your vote then get your re-read done first and revote in the same post.

General stuff: Vote sooner rather than later. If your schedule permits you to be around for deadline without any hassle, be around for it so you can hammer. Don't randomlynch, that never ends well. All of these are ~IMPORTANT LESSONS~ that this game should've made apparent.

Edited by Prims