Mapping Competition

Chocolate Kitty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say cliffs, do you mean sheer cliffs, like in that chapter with all the green NPCs coming out of the houses? You say any outdoor tileset, but not all outdoors have the sheer cliffs.

Either of them, doesn't matter which (otherwise I would've specified).

And dayum Prime, so awesome <3.

Either of them, doesn't matter which (otherwise I would've specified).

Alright, cool.

Mxruk.png

I also noticed, prime, that you have three forest errors. Top right, bottom right, and top most trees have tiles which are supposed to spread to other forests, but have no forests to connect to. Just a wrong tile choice.

Edited by Celice

Well, the reason why I'm asking is becuase this was his entry a few rounds back. But it didn't get through since it uses an FE5 tileset, whereas it had to use GBA tileset.

So if he uses that same map to enter this round... it's legit, but incredibly lazy and stupid.

Well, the reason why I'm asking is becuase this was his entry a few rounds back. But it didn't get through since it uses an FE5 tileset, whereas it had to use GBA tileset.

So if he uses that same map to enter this round... it's legit, but incredibly lazy and stupid.

Maybe not, then :P Just guessing.

A flying unit can reach it. It also doesn't have to be reachable--it could just be a place where a unit spawns.

It's being used because I don't have time to finish the current map, and I'd like to see two choices rather than one. At least, that is the tentative plan. If I do finish the other map, I'll decide which I'll submit.

Edited by Celice

I have to disagree, he's perfectly allowed to do such since it was disallowed before and you asked earlier if you could enter a map you made prior.

Carry on~

Is it me, or would you not be able to approach the house since the cliff is in the way?

I think there's one tile where a footie/horsie could reach it. Not 100% sure on that, though.

I also noticed, prime, that you have three forest errors. Top right, bottom right, and top most trees have tiles which are supposed to spread to other forests, but have no forests to connect to. Just a wrong tile choice.

Are you talking about the really dense hedge-like tiles or something else?

If it's the hedges, I think they mesh pretty well. If not, a picture would be helpful.

ku76K.png

It's mostly that there are alternative tiles which mesh together without the wrong sub-tile being used (the wrong 8x8 within the 16x16) The tiles you use seem, because the alternatives exist, to be intended to be used with large dense brushes of trees. The alternatives keep the patterns of diagonal trees but aren't fitted to work with the denser trees.

EDIT: this is just to point out some things that aren't really "proper." Another thing would be your mountains have blotchy spots where the altitudes don't match--you have the near-peak tiles (lightest) without any gradation between the darker, lower elevation tiles. It's most obvious where your peaks are set in lower altitides, using darker shading--so you have dark-light-dark patterns streaking through.

Edited by Celice

It's a toughie, I can't really say whether I like Prime or Celice's more, but I like Prime's open-ended layout a bit more if nothing else, but they're both really just amazing.

Edited by Adolf Klokler