Furetchen turns his hand to balancing FE7!

Parrhesia

I'll make them lighter, particularly the... light tomes. They will still weigh the guy down if they're small and if it's high rank, but it'll be a lot more muted.

I dunno about Light and balancing Dark magic is really just balancing it for Canas (so not tooooo hard haha), but I think anima is for the most part balanced enough. Maybe Fimbletoe or whatever could lose some weight to become relevant, but everything else on that end seems OK.

Also I don't get why Athos needs to be nerfed. I don't really find taking a few more turns on final boss any more interesting than luna bombing him.

Edited by Refa

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@above, makes Light Part 1 more tricky. Whenever I play that I end up killing most of them with Athos because he's just so efficient and has like a 10% chance to instaKO.

Oh oh oh Furet

Not really something balancing but

you should get one of the guys in Skype to disable Lyn Mode Forced tuts or something on your patch

because the hardest part of FE7 is sitting through that bullshit every time I use a new rom for things

Oh oh oh Furet

Not really something balancing but

you should get one of the guys in Skype to disable Lyn Mode Forced tuts or something on your patch

because the hardest part of FE7 is sitting through that bullshit every time I use a new rom for things

Oh god yes this PLEASE!!!

Playing through Lyn's mode is like being forced to watch the fucking chipmunks movie with your grandmother.

please spare us from this immeasurable pain

please

WHAT WAS THAT

EXPAND THE TUTORIAL TO COVER LHM AS WELL

OKAY

no seriously I'll fix that shit

I'll see if I can get all modes unlocked from the start, actually. I mean, who the hell plays LNM on anything past a first run... ?

WHAT WAS THAT

EXPAND THE TUTORIAL TO COVER LHM AS WELL

OKAY

no seriously I'll fix that shit

I'll see if I can get all modes unlocked from the start, actually. I mean, who the hell plays LNM on anything past a first run... ?

I play it whenever I'm using anyone from LM (which is most times), outside of drafts of course. LHM is slightly harder than LNM, but not enough to be interesting. Only enough to lower the amount of experience I can shovel into the LM characters of my choice. Sitting through the tutorial is annoying, but whatever.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

@above, makes Light Part 1 more tricky. Whenever I play that I end up killing most of them with Athos because he's just so efficient and has like a 10% chance to instaKO.

Fair enough, his Light Part 1 performance is amazing.

Oh god yes this PLEASE!!!

Playing through Lyn's mode is like being forced to watch the fucking chipmunks movie with your grandmother.

please spare us from this immeasurable pain

please

I think you can use a vanilla FE7 save file to make sure you start the game with HM unlocked

but changing the events to disable tutorials isn't hard either

Please do not prf aerola to Renault only I LIKE using Lucius he's one of my favorite characters and gets used unless he gets SERIOUSLY stat screwed. Though now I can't remember if its prf to Athos... if so please un prf it... I use Serra constantly too but more often then not she ends up getting S in staves... would be nice to actually GET an S rank Staff... -_-;

If anything, this game needs MORE tutorials!

The Rescue, Drop, and Give commands are completely unmentioned in Lyn's mode. Which is completely bizarre since Rescue is certainly one of the game's more complex mechanics.

Don't really need to make Aureola Bishop prf just give Athos A in light

It's so unlikely that he'll hit S light before Nergal, actually idk if it's even possible even if he solo'd the map but I cbf calculate

And there's no other light magic classes and even if there is it'd be terrible to screw them out of their S rank anyway

would be nice to actually GET an S rank Staff... -_-;

Would be cool but new staff effects requires ASM to do so. So that's out of the question unless Camcam or Reyrey figures it out.

I think you can use a vanilla FE7 save file to make sure you start the game with HM unlocked

but changing the events to disable tutorials isn't hard either

Really? I had no idea.

How exactly do you do that?

Just find a complete fe7 save file and name it the same as the rom.

Unless you meant disabling the tutorial, in which case you can either use Arch's patch for it, or just manually delete the crap from Lyn Mode's Event Files.

Could Aureola be made Bishop-only? Like Wo Dao is Swordmaster-only?

IIRC there's a spare weapon lock, so yes, it could. That's... a really good idea, considering Elimine was probably an Ultrabishop of some sort; certainly not an Archmage like Athos.

Renault gets Aureola and S Light, it's locked to Bishops, Athos... maybe loses some of what stat? His durability's fine as it is.

25 magic, he keeps his dark rank, but Luna loses its crit?

I don't know, I'm... pretty much guessing by now. But I guess it's something that can be pretty malleable for now.

If he had less speed he wouldn't be able to double dragon and be less useful in Final Part 1 too. maybe 16 speed so he can't double Dragon with Luna even with Speedwings?

Edited by Refa

honestly 25 mag is still a little high for luna

the big problem with luna in the final chapter is that every single boss has >14 res, which makes luna do more damage than forblaze regardless of its user.

@above: 16 spd gets athos doubled by brendan with either forblaze or luna

also i don't agree with hugely nerfing athos's performance against the dragon, because that battle is just super tedious anyway if none of your lords can stand up to the dragon and athos takes twice as long to kill

Edited by dondon151

Well, at least the lords will be buffed. I personally feel Ephraim is an exemplary power level for a lord, so don't expect three weaklings.

Keep the speed, boost his HP by about three (doesn't he get oneshot by the dragon sometimes on HHM? That should... stop) and lower magic to like 22?

athos only needs 41 HP to guarantee survival against the ~5% chance that the dragon will have 40 MT

i'm not really saying that lords need to or don't need to be buffed, but there's going to be some fraction of players who don't use the lords at all and end up going into final severely underleveled. athos is designed to be a safety net.