One question about the children, story-wise

does that mean the heroes failed for a brighter future?

In the original timeline, yes. The children return to change that.

does it mean that without the children's aid the ORIGINAL heroes failed?

and corpse soldiers keeps on spreading. And all the original characters as said in a support conversations die?

Yes.

It's amazing how all the kids survived the future. lulz

Well, unlike FE4, the parents didn't almost all die in one battle. MU gets possessed and kills Krom, and then after that, the characters die one by one over the years trying to rebel against Gimle. So the kids were protected by them for most of the time. And the ones who were on their own for a while (like Chambray) seem pretty traumatized.

Well, unlike FE4, the parents didn't almost all die in one battle. MU gets possessed and kills Krom, and then after that, the characters die one by one over the years trying to rebel against Gimle. So the kids were protected by them for most of the time. And the ones who were on their own for a while (like Chambray) seem pretty traumatized.

Actually, what's up with MU? Their kids say they're dead in the future, but Gimle clearly survived if he followed Lucina back in time. Are those just generic 'other parent' supports that they didn't bother changing? Or maybe the kids just consider MU to be effectively dead after he gets possessed.

Edited by Miscellany

Did Gimle follow her back? Gimle would still exist in the past, just as Lucina still exists in the past (as a baby). I'm not that well versed with the story, to be honest. Most of what I know is from reading the supports.

Did Gimle follow her back? Gimle would still exist in the past, just as Lucina still exists in the past (as a baby). I'm not that well versed with the story, to be honest. Most of what I know is from reading the supports.

From what I can tell, Gimle follows Lucina back in future!MU's body, but loses most of his power in the process. I think he regains that power over the course of the story, and the final boss is more or less both present!Gimle and future!Gimle synched as one somehow. However, I admit, I could be wrong. Someone more familar with the story, feel free to correct my mistakes.

From what I can tell, Gimle follows Lucina back in future!MU's body, but loses most of his power in the process. I think he regains that power over the course of the story, and the final boss is more or less both present!Gimle and future!Gimle synched as one somehow. However, I admit, I could be wrong. Someone more familar with the story, feel free to correct my mistakes.

You've got the gist of it.

Gimle possess MU's body at the end of the battle between Krom and MU vs Fauder. He then goes on the wreak havoc across the lands. Most of the children's fathers were the first to die on the frontlines, and the mother's took them and fled, protecting them from the corpse soldiers. However, they also died one by one. Some of the kids are implied to have seen their parents die protecting them (Wood and...Selena I think?). However, since the timeline's a bit fuzzy on exactly HOW much time passed in between, I can't quite tell exactly when the whole Faurder vs Krom and MU battle took place. To accommodate for FeMU being Lucina's mother, there's a certain conversation that implies that this battle is actually further in time than the main war (although that wouldn't make sense for other reasons like WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE THE PSYCHO ALIVE FOR SO LONG?) but it's kept vague on purpose. Regardless, the final battle is Gimle at full strength (with possesed!MU's body) that he's gathered over the course of the war and merged with his present self. But yes, MU is essentially dead after Gimle posses him/her.

On the other hand, it's specifically said (well, pretty heavily implied with the force of an anvil to the head) that because the children are changing the future by coming back to the past, the "new" future is no longer "their future". Since the children from this new timeline will grow up in a peaceful future, they're essentially different people. A lot of what makes a person is shaped by what sort of life that lead. And Naga warns them that there's a chance they won't be able to return to the future after this. It's understandably awkward (painful?) since they've lost their parents and comrades, and even if they find them again in this timeline, they're not the same. Plus knowing that this timeline's version of the kids will grow up happily with a family must make them feel out of place a bit :(

Edited by Skyrius

Question:

How Does MUxLucina (or MUxAny Child Character for that matter) work, then? MU falls in love with the time-traveled kid. They have Mark. Who then shows up. Does this imply another round of Gimle wins/everybody dies?

Question:

How Does MUxLucina (or MUxAny Child Character for that matter) work, then? MU falls in love with the time-traveled kid. They have Mark. Who then shows up. Does this imply another round of Gimle wins/everybody dies?

Mark's circumstances are unclear, and apparently tend to involve an alternate timeline. Apparently in at least some versions, Mark has lost his/her memory, so we can't really get answers.

The thing is, unlike Krom, you can wait as long as you want to pair up MU, so you can make Mark only appear when you've already unlocked the Final and the fate of the world is basically certain. Of course, the same goes for all the rest of the non-Lucina kids anyway, but Lucina is the only one who makes a huge change to the story anyway.

Edited by Othin

Mark's circumstances are unclear, and apparently tend to involve an alternate timeline. Apparently in at least some versions, Mark has lost his/her memory, so we can't really get answers.

The thing is, unlike Krom, you can wait as long as you want to paid up MU, so you can make Mark only appear when you've already unlocked the Final and the fate of the world is basically certain. Of course, the same goes for all the rest of the non-Lucina kids anyway, but Lucina is the only one who makes a huge change to the story anyway.

So... in short, it's not explained, and people are gonna be bumping into fridge horror when they ask the same thing I just did? (Mark would to have time traveled to explain his/her age when he/she shows up... but why would he/she have existed in such a timeline where he/she is time traveling if MU is paired with a kid? Unless it's just for the lolz, which I doubt.)

... course I may be overthinking things again.

Well, we've seen only supports so far. Maybe there's some information in the Gaiden chapter where Mark joins?

The thing is, unlike Krom, you can wait as long as you want to paid up MU, so you can make Mark only appear when you've already unlocked the Final and the fate of the world is basically certain. Of course, the same goes for all the rest of the non-Lucina kids anyway

Remember that they're apparently around before the Gaidens themselves, the Gaidens are just when you meet them.

Do they explain away the paradox at all, or just ignore it? If the kids helped the good guys win, then the kids wouldn't have gone back in time...so the good guys lost, and repeat.

So... in short, it's not explained, and people are gonna be bumping into fridge horror when they ask the same thing I just did? (Mark would to have time traveled to explain his/her age when he/she shows up... but why would he/she have existed in such a timeline where he/she is time traveling if MU is paired with a kid? Unless it's just for the lolz, which I doubt.)

... course I may be overthinking things again.

I haven't actually tried pairing up MU with one of the children, so I don't know for sure, but in the Support Viewer, Mark has more options for supports than anyone else, depending on if the unit is a sibling, friend, or parent. The odd thing being, if you pair up MU with one of the children, it looks like Mark is still able to have regular supports with the other children, which implies that he came from the same timeline as them (came from the same timeline as.....his/her mom or dad???). However, in the sidequest chapter when she shows up, she's lost her memory because of something that happened during her time leap it seems. More interestingly though, it seems to be that Mark herself actually isn't just one version of Mark. In the same way Gimle!MU and MU are the same person from alternate timelines, it seems like the Mark that joins isn't necessarily the Mark everyone seems to be referring to. Apparently this "uncertain existence" (so....like existing in multiple alternate timelines or something?) has to do with her memory loss? I have no bloody clue cause I'm guessing at a lot of this from different convos scattered throughout.

And yes, it's implied that all the children are already here, in this timeline SOMEWHERE. They just don't get a chance to meet up with everyone until the gaiden chapters. WHICH, given that if you don't activate them means the kids wander around, lost and trying to find their companions they were separated from, makes me feel bad enough that I never miss a single one. That and since the timeline we're playing through and the timeline they come from aren't the same, it doesn't matter when you pair the characters up. Even though paring MU with someone right before the finale guarantees a good future for the kids now, the kids from the future aren't the same.

Edited by Skyrius