Shining Force Mafia

Psych

Eclipse's vanishing has more or less confirmed her as town?

I'd say it's something important to notice, but the chances of her being Mafia or Town is the same, in that case:

1) She could be from the Town, kidnapped by a Mafia Kidnapper or a Townie one who suspected her

2) The scums decided to kidnap her for some reason.

I don't really think it's a good thing to kidnap your own scumbuddy on D1 unless he/she's being suspicious enough, so I'm inclining towards Town, with Mafia Kidnapper.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still find it strange that Shinori managed to get investigated in N0, so he could conveniently become the Town Leader.

But I'll go with it.

Well, he did ask to get investigated.

Yeah that was uh... not a smart move there Bananas. If I wasn't pretty sure you were just not paying attention, I'd seriously consider leaving my vote on you for the rest of the phase.

I'm getting scum reads from Aere, somewhat Bananas. I won't let anyone play the newbie card anymore; not paying attention/skimming through the thread is a notable scumtell or, at best, a lazy townie, which either way is not helpful to us at all.

##Vote: Serious Bananas

Well, I could see why mafia might want to get rid of any potential town leader as soon as possible, but I think going for a lynch would just obviously be way too obvious of a move. If it was that that wasn't a very good attempt at getting town on Shinori either, so I don't think bananas is mafia myself, though I am certainly not the greatest scum hunter in the world.

Umm, even if SB is newb scum, trying to lynch Shinori is just a really dumb idea. Unless ALL of the mafia are newbs, which I doubt, I don't think they'd let him try that. I think that was just his idea of a random joke vote, to be honest.

-doctor to protect him, and go for someone else. I doubt that, though.

Actually, I think this is exactly what will happen, and because I'm lazy, I'll copy, paste, and slightly edit a post I made in CPM.

Instead of first killing claimed power roles, the mafia roleblock or hinder them in some way, and then kill the big name players like Bizz first. Look at SFMM2. It was obvious from Day 1 that Psych had some sort of info/power role, and IIRC he claimed properly on either Day 2 or Day 3. They didn't kill him until Night 4, choosing to go for Prims, Bizz, and Raymond first. Look at that mini-mafia where you got randomlynched. Manix claimed Watcher, and then Rolecop, but he was never killed. The mafia chose to roleblock him the whole game instead. The reason they do this is because they anticipate that the Doc will be on the power roles. That, or they fear the scumhunting abilities of more experienced players more than they fear the power roles.

Yeah. Doc will probably be on Shinori tonight. Unless the mafia have some sort of pierce like they did in SFMM2 (which is possible, I guess), I don't think Shinori will die tonight.

I'm getting scum reads from Aere, somewhat Bananas. I won't let anyone play the newbie card anymore; not paying attention/skimming through the thread is a notable scumtell or, at best, a lazy townie, which either way is not helpful to us at all.

The newbie card is important: You aren't voting people because they aren't pros, you are voting people because they are scummy.

Bananas, would you justify your vote on Shinori?

hey, guys. Re-read SFMM2. Do you remember what elieson did? Played the newbie card and voted the town leader.

Rapier, your opinion doesn't count, and voting the town leader is a scummy move in itself anyway.

it's okay, elie, no hard feelings! It made you look like newbtown for a while.

hey, guys. Re-read SFMM2. Do you remember what elieson did? Played the newbie card and voted the town leader.

Rapier, your opinion doesn't count, and voting the town leader is a scummy move in itself anyway.

Heh, I haven't even read it once. :smug:

But, really, just because one person makes a move doesn't mean others will make the same move. Really, if any mafia members were in sfmm2 as well, you'd think they would argue against letting one of their members do that because they might not get away with it this time (also it's an absurdly worthless move to risk anything). And, even if you say that, there's also the possibility that you're mafia and targeting a "scummy" person you know is town so you can guarantee a town lynch and still look clean, right?

I really don't like your play style >.>

Can you explain your scum readings on me? I'll claim if I still appear to be scummy. Why are there still three votes on me?

Fine then, I'll pick on you for any "I get scum vibes from <player>. Idk, I just feel them" because it's a stupid and convenient way to convince people. I'm not letting crap get past through me anymore, if that's so. No more "They always play that way" excuses.

But, really, just because one person makes a move doesn't mean others will make the same move. Really, if any mafia members were in sfmm2 as well, you'd think they would argue against letting one of their members do that because they might not get away with it this time (also it's an absurdly worthless move to risk anything). And, even if you say that, there's also the possibility that you're mafia and targeting a "scummy" person you know is town so you can guarantee a town lynch and still look clean, right?

You're right. Playing the ignorant card is easy.

That's why I want him to justify himself, before I decide to vote or not.

Fine then, I'll pick on you for any "I get scum vibes from <player>. Idk, I just feel them" because it's a stupid and convenient way to convince people.

Actually, I'm just going to be honest here.

I do have my reasons this game for what I've been doing. My scumvibes from Aere? I have legitimate reasons for them (or, should I say, had), but I cannot share them at this time. If this is inconvenient for you and makes you uncomfortable, attack me. I don't mind.

I would like to inform you all, though, that Aere is not exactly giving me scumvibes anymore. Not really. I have different information and I'm going to start writing some notes down so that I don't forget about how and why my opinions have changed this game.

##Unvote: Serious Bananas

My vote on him was a test. I got some nice reactions out of it.

He would do well to read the thread, though, and provide actual opinions, because so far he has done neither of these things.

I really don't like your play style >.>

Sorry; I have to be incredibly cautious at this moment in time.

@Aere- Votes that are made without even an attempt at a logical reasoning are randomvotes. Why are you getting so worked up? I realize that I'm the last person who should berate someone else for over-reacting, but looking so nervous about a paltry 3 votes in a game with 19 people in it is suspicious.

@Aere- Votes that are made without even an attempt at a logical reasoning are randomvotes. Why are you getting so worked up? I realize that I'm the last person who should berate someone else for over-reacting, but looking so nervous about a paltry 3 votes in a game with 19 people in it is suspicious.

I know what RVS is, but 3 votes is still annoying. I'm not afraid of getting lynched, but most rvs is taken off pretty fast.

but looking so nervous about a paltry 3 votes in a game with 19 people in it is suspicious.

I will admit that I might be a little upset too, especially if they were just completely random votes. The small train itself might look a little suspicious, as it could be seen as a subtle effort to get a lynch train on Aere, who would happen to overreact to it and become a very easy mislynch if the town found this particular reaction suspicious.