Shining Force Mafia

Psych

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rapier, I never said that you are dumb, I said that your ad hominem was dumb. And yes, I do consider what you did ad hominem. Ad hominem is the fallacy by which you dismiss someone's claims due to their negative characteristics. Arguments against their style of playing falls into that category. Paraphrased, what you said is "I'll pick on you if you use your gut as a reason". Also, you said that you don't mind Strawman's vote on you because it is due to your behaviour instead of your actions. Someone's actions can be just as scummy as their behaviour, and in the case of your action that I find scummy, that bleeds into behaviour too. I'm keeping my vote on you, especially as your vote for me seemed too OMGUS.

Also, Eli, we can't all be happily settled like you...

I am at work, sorta paying attention, sorta reading a bunch of papers on encapsulating particles/cells in microfluidic drops and trying to figure out why this follows a Poisson distribution. Also playing Epic Mafia. You know. The usual summer research job. It's so boring right now. But it should get more interesting.

i am a forever poor college student

You're just a poor girl

You need no sympathy

Because you're easy come, easy go

Little high, little low

Any way the wind blows

Doesn't really matter to you... to you....

1. Who do you find the most scummy currently?

SB's posts seem really weird, yet I'm not too convinced she's scum. The whole "NO LYNCH TIME NOT TO MAKE ENEMIES" bit was weird, but not sure. Proto strikes me as odd, as well as BBM and Aere only slightly.

2. Who do you find the most town currently?

Shinori, duh. Scorri seems really townish, and Kay.

3. Who do you think is the most likely to die tonight?

If the mafia wants to be really obvious, then Bizz or Eclipse. If not, I guess they'll go for someone else.

4. As a cop who would you target tonight?

Anyone who has a sketchy role according to the town leader, otherwise, not sure.

##Unvote: Lucina

She posted, yet seems really confused. In fact, tons of the noobs, do. :/

Iris makes high school (I think she's in high school at least) look a lot harder than I remember it being.

I go for straight A+s + extra curricular activities + job + etc. 8)

##Vote: Proto

Whoops, thought I could have put this in the last post. :/ While Shinori deliberates on who he wants to lynch, I want Proto to post something (relevant, of course), as well.

I go for straight A+s + extra curricular activities + job + etc. 8)

I respect that. I never had a job in high school so I'd imagine all that is a lot of work. But I never studied all that much and managed to get by with A's for the most part (for some reason I could never get an A in math even though it was arguably my best subject).

psh, people who're still in school :Kappa:

Don't make me hit you. :P

i am a forever poor college student

Welcome to the fold.

I am at work, sorta paying attention, sorta reading a bunch of papers on encapsulating particles/cells in microfluidic drops and trying to figure out why this follows a Poisson distribution. Also playing Epic Mafia. You know. The usual summer research job. It's so boring right now. But it should get more interesting.

That's. So. Cool.

You're just a poor girl

You need no sympathy

Because you're easy come, easy go

Little high, little low

Any way the wind blows

Doesn't really matter to you... to you....

THUNDERBOLTS AND LIGHTNING

That's funny since I never study for math! :O

omg same

But on that note; I could only skim the thread right now, because I don't have much time before an exam. I will address stuff when I get back in like, 5 hours.

Rapier, I never said that you are dumb, I said that your ad hominem was dumb. And yes, I do consider what you did ad hominem. Ad hominem is the fallacy by which you dismiss someone's claims due to their negative characteristics. Arguments against their style of playing falls into that category. Paraphrased, what you said is "I'll pick on you if you use your gut as a reason". Also, you said that you don't mind Strawman's vote on you because it is due to your behaviour instead of your actions. Someone's actions can be just as scummy as their behaviour, and in the case of your action that I find scummy, that bleeds into behaviour too. I'm keeping my vote on you, especially as your vote for me seemed too OMGUS.

Also, Eli, we can't all be happily settled like you...

Okay. I voted you because I think you were more focused on my argumentum ad hominem than in scumhunting, and while I don't think you look that scummy, you're my best bet. I can't think of anyone else, mainly because I have to study for exams now and I'm not that good with OC and talking off the topic.

By the way, I think both Lucina and SB's are newbies, so I'm not bothered about them.

Yeah, this is my first OC mafia game, but I have played mafia and werewolf before. So I'm not totally new.

I'm still waiting for some kind of slip up, which is why I'm not posting much.

Sadly choices are rough here from all the claims we have. So I'm going to go with the one that seemed the most scummy, BBM.

##Vote:BigBangMeteor

Based off his claim and the way he has acted in response to a few situations in thread. Such as his talk with rapier and his talk with Bizz I feel lynching him is the best bet at the moment.

His claim for those wondering is a lynchproof claim, which could possibly end up being true and if it is, we roll a no lynch today.

I still feel that BBM is the most comfortable lynch, however if people do not agree with this or want to chance it the next target is Rapier.

Okay. I voted you because I think you were more focused on my argumentum ad hominem than in scumhunting, and while I don't think you look that scummy, you're my best bet. I can't think of anyone else, mainly because I have to study for exams now and I'm not that good with OC and talking off the topic.

By the way, I think both Lucina and SB's are newbies, so I'm not bothered about them.

But it was your ad hominem that I found scummy. >_> Also, real life comes first and is always more important, but not being good with OC isn't a reason to be lazy. I'm not good at it either, but that doesn't mean you should use it as an excuse to not try.

Based off his claim and the way he has acted in response to a few situations in thread. Such as his talk with rapier and his talk with Bizz I feel lynching him is the best bet at the moment.

My talk with Bizz? Which one?

I still feel comfortable with the BBM lynch but I'm also comfortable with a rapier lynch. Both of them look scummy to me. So i would actually like to hear the rest of everyone's opinions on these two players.

I still feel comfortable with the BBM lynch but I'm also comfortable with a rapier lynch. Both of them look scummy to me. So i would actually like to hear the rest of everyone's opinions on these two players.

At this point, I honestly have nothing really going for either of them as far as town-heavy reads. I'll give the thread the once-over again, and see if I can decide between either of them.

For now, while considering the options,

##Unvote

We can worry about SB when we have something more conclusive.