Shining Force Mafia

Psych

##Vote bigbangmeteor

If we don't vote him then on one hand, he could be mafia. On the other, he could actually be a lynchproof townie and now that this information is public only the mafia can be certain about it. or he could be a townie lying about his role because he doesn't trust you, but I think that's quite a bit less likely Really, as long as the mafia knows his role now, us townies might as well be certain about it as well, especially when the other reasonable option is that he's mafia.

Though, I would be fine with a Rapier lynch as well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel comfortable with the BBM lynch but I'm also comfortable with a rapier lynch. Both of them look scummy to me. So i would actually like to hear the rest of everyone's opinions on these two players.

BBM: Pretty scummy from the vibes I get from the thread. I haven't talked to him, but his reactions in thread to other people, and isn't unlynchable a godawful scum claim? Like, if he's clear, and doesn't die, then we have a backup for if Shinori dies.

Rapier: Almost completely a null read. I swear, how many times has he been lynched Day 1 and been scum? Actually, the same group of people get lynched Day 1 a lot. . . Null because I'm not sure how to approach this. His behavior in thread doesn't seem that good IMO, but I haven't talked to him outside. Not townish, not scummy. I could buy that BBM and Rapier could be on the same side, but eh. I'll be okay if we decide to lynch him, but I think I prefer BBM slightly.

Since I have a "leaning scum" on BBM and "null" on Rapier, I'll go with:

##Vote: BigBangMeteor

--

I played tetris, pokemon, and fire emblem during math class lol. Oh and sometimes me and a friend would do yoga in the back of that class and physics.

I just nap during math class. ^_^

Yeah, this is my first OC mafia game, but I have played mafia and werewolf before. So I'm not totally new.

I'm still waiting for some kind of slip up, which is why I'm not posting much.

This goes for all the new people who aren't quite as well adapted to OC -- Since the game is OC, please send PMs, go onto IRC, etc. We won't be able to get scumreads or townreads from you, and you won't from us if you don't, since people like me don't like to post in the OC thread too much during OC, since, well, it's OC. Someone accused me of not existing when I've clearly been on IRC is really annoying.

guys I'll be doing votals -- yay KRRM -- since psych doesn't seem like he believes in them

Not doing votals. At least not now. Too much studying to do, and not enough effort.

psych votals

psych votals

psych votals

psych votals

psych votals

Since I have a "leaning scum" on BBM and "null" on Rapier, I'll go with:

This, in a nutshell.

##Vote BigBangMeteor

With nothing else to go on, we will learn something upon lynching BBM. We will learn

A: Lynchproof Townie

B: Lying Scum

well, there is a 3rd option

C: Scum Lynchdoc

But I'm more likely to assume A or B at this point, since there isn't much else as far as conclusive evidence to state otherwise.

##Unvote: Bananas not going to achieve anything from keeping my vote there. If we vote to lynch BBM, it also incriminates Marth, as they were apparently conversing about me. Not placing this vote juuuust yet, I want BBM to defend himself.

##Unvote: Bananas not going to achieve anything from keeping my vote there. If we vote to lynch BBM, it also incriminates Marth, as they were apparently conversing about me. Not placing this vote juuuust yet, I want BBM to defend himself.

Uhh, assuming he's lynch-proof, he shouldn't need to

BBM: I've been looking at his posts, and while he's been kinda a little all over the place, I still get the feeling that he's trying to work towards the town. He voted Rapier a while back for maybe not the best reasons, but it seems to me like he's going with his gut. Also, I feel like claiming unlynchable when you're not is really just kinda dumb. Like here's the most likely way it will play out. "Hey, I'm unlynchable!" "Oh really? Let's test that!" "Lol, now I'm dead."

Rapier: My main issue with Rapier is really that I feel like he's not trying to help contribute to the town at all. It seems like he's not really paying attention to what's been going on. At one point he says that the cop should check out Eli tonight. But, if he had looked at the thread, he would have seen that Eli has claimed PGO, in which case putting a cop on Eli is about the worst possible move the town could do. His one major contribution to the thread was attacking Bizz's playing style, which resulted in a nice long argument that didn't actually produce anything of use to the town, when giving out vibes on people he was very reluctant to actually commit to something, and then when listing scummy people, he listed Eli and Manix, and then turned around and voted BBM. He says he can't think of anything else and that he doesn't have time to scum hunt, but previously he had said that scum hunting was the most important thing to do in this game. So,

##Vote:Rapier

I wish I had had any interactions with these two outside of the thread, but for the reasons stated above, I think that Rapier is the better lynch right now.

Also Eli: It might just be me, but it really feels like especially in that last post, you've mostly been restating opinions as opposed to going in depth and explaining why you're doing something. What are your reads on BBM and Rapier? Do you find one of them more scummy than the other? I'm not saying that following Shinori's lead is wrong, but that doesn't mean you can't explain your reasons. Bizz I guess this goes for you too. In my opinion it makes the game boring if we all just do what one person says, and don't express any of our opinions. Especially in this case when Shinori said that he'd be fine with either lynch. I dunno. I feel like there could be more conversation going on here.

Uhh, assuming he's lynch-proof, he shouldn't need to

If he's lynch proof then mafia can just kill him tonight, assuming Shinori lives/is protected.

Answer these questions when you get a chance. Phase ends tomorrow at like 8:30 am so its like 30 hours from now. That should be enough time for people to see this.

1. Who do you find the most scummy currently?

No one seems particularly scummy, tbh. Well, okay, BBM said some stupid stuff after Shinori claimed, but that doesn't say anything about alignment. Serious Bananas, eh, he's pretty new at this, isn't he?

2. Who do you find the most town currently?

Shinori.

3. Who do you think is the most likely to die tonight?

Not Shinori. It's tough to predict N1 deaths because the Mafia likely wouldn't see anyone as an immediate threat... except Shinori, but since he's leading the Town, he undoubtedly managed to set up precautions to protect himself.

Also, since the Doctor among us is reading these responses, I would advise him/her to NOT let the responses to this question influence your choice of protection. Let's not provide hints to the Mafia as to who would be unlikely to be protected.

4. As a cop who would you target tonight?

If I were a Cop, I would target Kay or Blitzy, for no other reason except that I enjoy talking to them and it would be nice if I can clear them as well. Players that clear each other should be talking to each other a whole lot.

As for the lynch, well, given that Rapier is ALWAYS scummy, even when he's Town, I'm gonna ##Vote: BigBangMeteor.

If he's lynch proof then mafia can just kill him tonight, assuming Shinori lives/is protected.

This is my main complaint. I voiced it to Shinori when he first asked me about lynching me to test my claim, along with the general advice against nolynching, and it looked like he listened to me at first, but then earlier today he messaged me telling me to let it go through if I was town, so eh.

All I'm going to say at this point is, I don't think you should vote for me just because I've claimed lynchproof and you're thinking "this is a way to test BBM's claim". That's all well and good, but just remember that the lynch is the town's only way to kill mafia barring vigilantes, who are often one-shot anyways. My claim can be tested via a cop or something. Using the lynch to attempt to kill scum is, IMO, much more beneficial than using it to test my claim. Now, if you honestly believe that my behaviour has been scummy, and you think I'm lying about being lynchproof, that's another matter.

@scorri: It's hard to get out a lot of my opinions on my phone. My postsare notably shorter because it's hard to type (sorry) and I'll admit that I've been participating a little more in OC than the thread, but! We're getting wifi at home, finally, so expect longer opinions and posts starting tomorrow (:

@scorri: It's hard to get out a lot of my opinions on my phone. My postsare notably shorter because it's hard to type (sorry) and I'll admit that I've been participating a little more in OC than the thread, but! We're getting wifi at home, finally, so expect longer opinions and posts starting tomorrow (:

I've been on my iPod this whole time. It sucks. And my computer isnt getting fixed anytime soon :(

Bizz: Ah cool. The post was only sorta directed at you anyways. More as a second thought. But I'm glad you'll be able to participate more!

Info for everyone else: I'm not sure how around/coherent I'll be for the next day or so. I'm probably getting sick, and also just in a state of mind where I can't really concentrate well on things. So if my posts don't make a lot of sense or I'm unwilling to talk outside of the thread, that's why. Hopefully by Thursday or Friday I'll be back on track though.

I have problems with our two lynch options.

BBM: Its quite obvious, and I agree with Aere, but outing him as the unlynchable just makes him another mafia target. I honestly think we shouldn't waste time for today, trying to lynch a claimed unlynchable. Its basically a no-lynch, not a lot of us favor no-lynches, amirite?

Rapier: The guy is ALWAYS scummy, so it doesn't make sense to lynch him this phase.

Do we have better lynch options? I can check out the thread an re-read, I guess.

It's day one who cares, as far as I can tell we don't have anyone better except maybe Rapier (though, I've considered you as well Bluedoom, but let's not get into that).

We can test one of the wrong win cons that I found while going through the claims I received, but as psych stated he said it 'could' be a host error.

As I recall, he pretty much confirmed that it had to be a host error? If the mafia know the town wincon, what else would it be? I guess maybe a third-party might have been forgotten or something.

I hate to encourage sloppy play, but Rapier is indeed always scummy. Testing the lynchproof claim sounds okay to me. If we get a NL, well, D1 is pretty much the best time for it anyway, and at least it's OC.

##Vote: BigBangMeteor

As much as I normally don't like NL'ing D1, this is OC, like Kay said. And besides, it will either do one of the following:

1) Prove lynchproof: almost confirmed town, and is likely to not be killed that night if 1-shot LP (because he will become an effective vanilla if it is 1-shot) => new town leader if Shinori carks it, but also, it means the mafia have to get through 2 people, not just one to remove town's coordination

2) Prove fakeclaim: town wins anyway

##Unvote

##Vote: BBM

soz bro, hope you understand. I'm still not convinced on the possibility that you aren't fakeclaiming, so this has to be done.

Hey guys, Eli and I just had a convo and he asked me to post it. This is basically his response to me asking him to contribute more, so read it if you want to know his thoughts on stuff~

spoiler=convo]

Jun 12 22:35:06 <EliesonPhone> Hey

Jun 12 22:36:08 <scorri> hey

Jun 12 22:37:40 <EliesonPhone> I apologize for my lack of serious reads

Jun 12 22:38:08 <EliesonPhone> And posts

Jun 12 22:38:34 <EliesonPhone> When I regain solid access to my pc, I will remedy the situation

Jun 12 22:38:46 <scorri> it's ok. there's no need to apologize. just like... yeah. that's what. just like try harder in the future i guess

Jun 12 22:38:51 <scorri> :)

Jun 12 22:39:30 <EliesonPhone> Will do

Jun 12 22:39:57 <scorri> it's just a thing that could be seen as scummy if it keeps up

Jun 12 22:40:04 <scorri> so it was more of a warning than anything i guess

Jun 12 22:40:11 <scorri> you're not on my scum list right now

Jun 12 22:40:20 <scorri> just like... a little suspicious i guess

Jun 12 22:41:26 <EliesonPhone> Well I need to be.more active in thread

Jun 12 22:41:35 <scorri> eh

Jun 12 22:41:37 <scorri> lots of people do

Jun 12 22:41:44 <EliesonPhone> I will be honest, I an active over pm and in here

Jun 12 22:42:00 <scorri> i believe you~

Jun 12 22:42:57 <EliesonPhone> If I may ask you

Jun 12 22:43:12 <EliesonPhone> One question

Jun 12 22:43:15 <scorri> yeah?

Jun 12 22:43:53 <EliesonPhone> what is your thought on the game itself

Jun 12 22:44:03 <scorri> like.... game overall?

Jun 12 22:44:19 <EliesonPhone> Yea

Jun 12 22:44:24 <EliesonPhone> Given what you know

Jun 12 22:44:29 <EliesonPhone> Or see

Jun 12 22:44:40 <EliesonPhone> Take out the people's names

Jun 12 22:44:51 <EliesonPhone> AND just see the game, like an IO

Jun 12 22:45:33 <scorri> i think that... it could be interesting. i only know a couple of roles, but it seems to me like the town could be underpowered unless the mafia are all weak too

Jun 12 22:45:53 <scorri> i think that so far, not a lot of group discussion has been going on

Jun 12 22:46:04 <scorri> and i think that having more talk in the thread could help too

Jun 12 22:46:14 <scorri> because it's all well and good that shinori is leading

Jun 12 22:46:26 <scorri> but if shinori is killed then we risk being like a chicken with our head cut off

Jun 12 22:46:39 <scorri> we need to also be organized in thread and as a group

Jun 12 22:46:44 <scorri> as well as having a leader

Jun 12 22:46:51 <EliesonPhone> Good

Jun 12 22:47:03 <EliesonPhone> I mentioned this to him in private

Jun 12 22:47:23 <EliesonPhone> I believe he is preparing a plan

Jun 12 22:47:46 <EliesonPhone> Since he holds all this info, he will set up a chain of command

Jun 12 22:48:26 <scorri> yeah helios mentioned that shinori apparently has a super secret awesome plan for him or something like that

Jun 12 22:48:43 <EliesonPhone> When this occurs, I plan on doing more

Jun 12 22:48:43 <scorri> so i'm sure shinori knows what he's doing

Jun 12 22:48:46 <scorri> cool

Jun 12 22:48:46 <EliesonPhone> But tbh

Jun 12 22:48:47 <scorri> :)

Jun 12 22:48:58 <EliesonPhone> i want everything to be in order

Jun 12 22:49:04 <EliesonPhone> before I screw anything up

Jun 12 22:49:06 <scorri> yeah

Jun 12 22:49:08 <scorri> lol

Jun 12 22:49:13 <EliesonPhone> (potentially)

Jun 12 22:49:19 <scorri> haha

Jun 12 22:49:26 <EliesonPhone> Opening my mouth generally results in umm...

Jun 12 22:49:31 <scorri> heh

Jun 12 22:49:40 <scorri> things esploding?

Jun 12 22:49:48 <EliesonPhone> Ya

Jun 12 22:49:49 <EliesonPhone> Lol

Jun 12 22:53:00 <EliesonPhone> So you suspect a

Jun 12 22:53:01 <EliesonPhone> Weak

Jun 12 22:53:05 <EliesonPhone> Town

Jun 12 22:53:21 <scorri> from the roles i know, yes

Jun 12 22:53:30 <EliesonPhone> You are the first to present an alternative opinion

Jun 12 22:54:02 <scorri> but that's just based on my role and the two or three others i know

Jun 12 22:54:06 <scorri> really?

Jun 12 22:58:09 <EliesonPhone> Yea

Jun 12 22:58:20 <EliesonPhone> Everyone else, aside from Shinori

Jun 12 22:58:24 <scorri> huh

Jun 12 22:58:28 <EliesonPhone> THAT I have asked, agrees with my theory

Jun 12 22:58:43 <EliesonPhone> of punishment-esque roles running the show

Jun 12 22:58:56 <scorri> heh

Jun 12 22:59:07 <scorri> yeah, i uh... don't really see that besides you and shinori

Jun 12 22:59:15 <scorri> but maybe i'm just missing things~

Jun 12 22:59:20 <EliesonPhone> bizz?

Jun 12 22:59:30 <scorri> i dunno exactly what her role is

Jun 12 22:59:46 <scorri> i just know she's been threating to exact punishment if mafia tries to kill her

Jun 12 22:59:47 <scorri> well

Jun 12 22:59:51 <scorri> if anyone tries to kill her

Jun 12 22:59:59 <EliesonPhone> She claims we should stay away from her for our safety

Jun 12 23:00:02 <scorri> yeah

Jun 12 23:01:30 <EliesonPhone> That is 3 apparently antitown roles

Jun 12 23:02:00 <EliesonPhone> Myself included

Jun 12 23:02:02 <scorri> yeah. i guess. i dunno. my role is like... not anti-town

Jun 12 23:02:03 <scorri> so

Jun 12 23:02:05 <scorri> i dunno

Jun 12 23:02:06 <scorri> *shrug*

Jun 12 23:02:09 <EliesonPhone> Oh

Jun 12 23:02:18 <EliesonPhone> Well, I figured some werent

Jun 12 23:02:30 <EliesonPhone> Apparently, SB has a key role

Jun 12 23:02:40 <scorri> heh

Jun 12 23:02:41 <scorri> of course

Jun 12 23:02:48 <scorri> well

Jun 12 23:02:58 <scorri> hopefully since he's been kinda suspicious acting

Jun 12 23:03:09 <scorri> the mafia will leave him alone for a while and hope he gets lynched

Jun 12 23:03:30 <EliesonPhone> Ihope so

Jun 12 23:04:55 <scorri> man... i hope my brain being out of whack isn't causing me to miss something, but i really don't find BBM worth lynching right now

Jun 12 23:06:08 <EliesonPhone> You wanna know what I think about today's lynch?

Jun 12 23:06:16 <scorri> yeah

Jun 12 23:06:39 <EliesonPhone> Well

Jun 12 23:06:48 <EliesonPhone> It's hard to say, but

Jun 12 23:06:59 <EliesonPhone> We need info

Jun 12 23:07:11 <scorri> yeah

Jun 12 23:07:23 <scorri> i guess i agree

Jun 12 23:07:27 <scorri> i dunno

Jun 12 23:07:29 <scorri> i guess to me

Jun 12 23:07:33 <scorri> rapier seems more scummy

Jun 12 23:07:34 <EliesonPhone> And bbm

Jun 12 23:07:44 <scorri> *shrug*

Jun 12 23:07:52 <EliesonPhone> Is more or less unrelated to rapier

Jun 12 23:07:58 <scorri> yeah

Jun 12 23:08:15 <scorri> i guess.

Jun 12 23:08:18 <EliesonPhone> I don't think we will learn as much

Jun 12 23:08:24 <scorri> to me i look at it this way

Jun 12 23:08:37 <EliesonPhone> But if we lose a townie, we are losing the game

Jun 12 23:08:49 <EliesonPhone> Bbm is allegedly lynchproof

Jun 12 23:08:54 <scorri> we could scan bbm tonight, lynch rapier. the mafia will probably want to go after more important things than a lynchproof

Jun 12 23:08:57 <scorri> oh

Jun 12 23:09:01 <scorri> i guess i see what you mean

Jun 12 23:09:15 <EliesonPhone> Either we lynch a liar

Jun 12 23:09:36 <scorri> yeah

Jun 12 23:09:40 <scorri> or we don't lynch a townie

Jun 12 23:09:43 <EliesonPhone> Or prove his innocense

Jun 12 23:09:54 <EliesonPhone> And earn ourselves a vice leader

Jun 12 23:10:01 <scorri> yeah

Jun 12 23:11:46 <EliesonPhone> So my vote stands

Jun 12 23:11:55 <EliesonPhone> Because we lose very little

Jun 12 23:12:04 <EliesonPhone> And potentially gain a lot

Jun 12 23:12:37 <scorri> yeah

Jun 12 23:12:46 <scorri> i see your point

Jun 12 23:12:55 <EliesonPhone> And fyi

Jun 12 23:13:04 <scorri> if i'm awake tomorrow i may look into it some more

Jun 12 23:13:13 <scorri> but i'm not really all here right now

Jun 12 23:13:19 <EliesonPhone> You are the first to hear this theory

Jun 12 23:13:34 <scorri> heh

Jun 12 23:13:39 <scorri> i see the point of it

Jun 12 23:13:43 <scorri> it makes sense

Jun 12 23:14:43 <EliesonPhone> Hmm, can u do me asmall favor?

Jun 12 23:14:51 <scorri> yeah?

Jun 12 23:15:05 <EliesonPhone> Could you pm me this convo?

Jun 12 23:15:11 <EliesonPhone> i can't log out from my phone

Jun 12 23:15:33 <scorri> yeah no problem

Jun 12 23:16:53 <EliesonPhone> Would you consider this

Jun 12 23:16:53 <EliesonPhone> this discussion , an answer to your request?

Jun 12 23:16:58 <scorri> yes

Jun 12 23:17:00 <scorri> :)

Jun 12 23:17:01 <EliesonPhone> Lol, I hope so!

Jun 12 23:17:24 <EliesonPhone> Because I put a lot of thought into it

Jun 12 23:17:26 <EliesonPhone> AND I think I ran out of thought

Jun 12 23:17:28 <EliesonPhone> Lolol

Jun 12 23:17:29 <scorri> no, this was really nice. thank you. and if you're talking to lots of people like this, then i can see why you haven't been posting as much in the thread

Jun 12 23:17:35 <scorri> yeah

Jun 12 23:17:37 <scorri> this was good

Jun 12 23:17:38 <scorri> thank you

Jun 12 23:18:03 <EliesonPhone> Yes, this is how my conversations generally go

Jun 12 23:18:14 <scorri> heh

Jun 12 23:18:15 <scorri> cool

Jun 12 23:18:22 <EliesonPhone> Not quite as long, but generally detailed like this

Jun 12 23:18:26 <scorri> yeah

Jun 12 23:19:32 <EliesonPhone> I unfortunately have no read on you

Jun 12 23:19:41 <EliesonPhone> Besides a neutral+ read

Jun 12 23:19:47 <scorri> heh

Jun 12 23:20:01 <EliesonPhone> For requesting information from our fellow players

Jun 12 23:20:09 <scorri> heh

Jun 12 23:22:54 <EliesonPhone> Darnit

Jun 12 23:23:03 <EliesonPhone> I cant select multiple lines

Jun 12 23:23:07 <EliesonPhone> ONLY one at a time

Jun 12 23:23:08 <scorri> ?

Jun 12 23:23:11 <EliesonPhone> >.<

Jun 12 23:23:27 <scorri> what is this for?

Jun 12 23:23:50 <EliesonPhone> We are supposed to keep our host informed about oc

Jun 12 23:23:56 <scorri> ah yeah

Jun 12 23:23:58 <EliesonPhone> And also, I may just post this convo

Jun 12 23:24:04 <scorri> i was just going to pm you and papermate this convo

Jun 12 23:24:10 <EliesonPhone> As my contribution to the thread

Jun 12 23:24:12 <scorri> heh

Jun 12 23:24:13 <scorri> ok

Jun 12 23:24:28 <scorri> i said nothing that can't be common knowledge

Jun 12 23:24:30 <scorri> so

Jun 12 23:24:33 <EliesonPhone> I will omit anything though that you have said, if you would prefer

Jun 12 23:24:39 <scorri> nope

Jun 12 23:26:22 <EliesonPhone> Thank you ~

Jun 12 23:26:43 <scorri> :)

Jun 12 23:26:58 <scorri> do you want me to just do it?

Jun 12 23:27:05 <scorri> cause i can easily post all of it

Jun 12 23:27:15 <EliesonPhone> Mmm

Jun 12 23:27:29 <EliesonPhone> I dunno

Jun 12 23:27:36 <scorri> it's up to you

Jun 12 23:27:39 <EliesonPhone> I'M lacking in serious posts

Jun 12 23:27:43 <scorri> heh

Jun 12 23:27:46 <scorri> i mean

Jun 12 23:28:14 <scorri> i was going to say "i'm posting this for eli cause he's on his phone and that sucks for him to deal with. this is his big contribution to the thread for right now"

Jun 12 23:28:33 <EliesonPhone> In that case

Jun 12 23:28:51 <EliesonPhone> Feel free~

Jun 12 23:28:58 <scorri> mmkay

Jun 12 23:29:07 <scorri> i will talk to you later then~

Jun 12 23:29:40 <EliesonPhone> Thank you very much $¢••R¡

Jun 12 23:29:48 <scorri> heh

Jun 12 23:29:50 <scorri> no problem

BBM: Like here's the most likely way it will play out. "Hey, I'm unlynchable!" "Oh really? Let's test that!" "Lol, now I'm dead."

To me, this makes BBM sound more scummy. To me, it seems pretty clear that he's lying for the above reason. Unless he's some kind of suicidal townie, I see no reason to vote for him to prove his trustworthyness, and it's Day 1 so we aren't totally screwed if we mess up.

##Vote:BigBangMeteor

I just had a thought

BBM being a Fool (3rd party that wins when lynched) or a Vengeful something

oh oh oh

ummmmmmmmmmm

##Unvote

Speculation on the above plz

Now you shall see...

I just had a thought

BBM being a Fool (3rd party that wins when lynched) or a Vengeful something

oh oh oh

ummmmmmmmmmm

##Unvote

Speculation on the above plz

My speculation. Why, if he could win the game on D1, drop an obscure hint like that? If he were to win, he would likely keep his mouth shut, or something.