Rate The Unit 6: Silk

PuffPuff

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody has already given good reason for a score +/- half a point from yours, you can decide not to explain your score, but I always encourage personal reasoning. Incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Weapon" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Robin: 4.45

Grey: 6.85

Ruka: 7.89

Cliff: 8.31

Alm: 9.59

Let's see....the only healer that you will have in Alm's party till Teeta joins and that she has 10% less Mag growth than Jenni. But her Skill and Speed are 30% in growths which makes this excellent with her Rizaia/Angel spells. Even though Rizaia has terrible accuracy, it'll keep her from dying whenever it hits. Suggested to give her the Angel Ring to get her better faster for the later chapters. As she needs more skill to become a better defender. Can learn Warp, Illusion, and Dear. She can get through random encounters that you don't want sometimes thanks to Dear. With Illusion, she can only create Soldiers. But this is still useful for luring enemies away from their posts. She will learn Angel upon class change which should only be used to kill Draco Zombies, as she is better off using Rizaia to keep her going against crowds of any other monster not named Gargoyle.

1+ bias for being so adorable. ^__^

20101silk.jpg

Edited by アイネ
Title change by request

Silk is indispensable for Alm's team, particularly as she's their only healer for half the game. Apart from healing and being an anti-monster sledgehammer after promotion her main uses are dear and illusion. She learns both fairly late but dear is a godsend when you have a room full of gargoyles and the Demonslayers she summons are broken in chapter 4 and somewhat handy in chapter 5. Since she is so lacking in offense though it's difficult to get her enough levels to promote and learn her most useful magic. In fact her combat is generally poor (monsters post-promotion excepted) but that's not why she's here at all.

9.0/10, her healing is utterly indispensable and her magic is hugely useful but it's a pain to raise her level

And yeah, you can add me to the "played Gaiden" cart. It's been a little while though, maybe I should replay it soon.

Edited by Byte2222

Also OP, what are the orders for the units since where not going by first recruited?

I can put the characters in order from the debate scores. =)

Right now it would be in recruitment order.

-Alm

-Silk

-Cellica

Done main heros first. Now doing Alm's army units. =)

Edited by アイネ

I don't see the logic behind this order as well... Oh well, to the rating...

Let's see, learns warp at lv. 7, that's pretty neat! She has plenty of time to get there. Leveling her up can be a pain due to nosferatu's low hit rate, but like I said, there's plenty of time. She has the best illusion spell of all healers in this game and is the only person from Alm's team to learn dear, which is particularly useful when you get trapped in front of the dragonzombie shrine in chapter 4! She can defend herself with nosferatu, which is always a pro for a healer!

8/10, as healers in this game are pretty broken anyway.

Edited by Quirino

Um ... Ayanami? Cliff, Robin, Grey, and Ruka are recruited before Silk.

Makes this rate the character 6 thread. Getting to Ruka now. Never knew that it was done this way. I'll have to make this thread character 6 going back to the other four. *sigh* This one won't be rated for awhile till the other character threads before her are done. =) The Cellica thread is still open unitl the first 10 threads are tallied and that this thread will be open until the first 5 threads are tallied. Neither of these will be rated until that point.

Edited by アイネ

6/10, nice but redundant, you don't need warping skills to get around in this game and you can replicate the utility of it in other ways.

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody has already given good reason for a score +/- half a point from yours, you can decide not to explain your score, but I always encourage personal reasoning. Incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Weapon" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Alm: 9.59

Let's see....the only healer that you will have in Alm's party till Teeta joins and that she has 10% less Mag growth than Jenni. But her Skill and Speed are 30% in growths which makes this excellent with her Rizaia/Angel spells. Even though Rizaia has terrible accuracy, it'll keep her from dying whenever it hits. Suggested to give her the Angel Ring to get her better faster for the later chapters. As she needs more skill to become a better defender. Can learn Warp, Illusion, and Dear. She can get through random encounters that you don't want sometimes thanks to Dear. With Illusion, she can only create Soldiers. But this is still useful for luring enemies away from their posts. She will learn Angel upon class change which should only be used to kill Draco Zombies, as she is better off using Rizaia to keep her going against crowds of any other monster not named Gargoyle.

1+ bias for being so adorable. ^__^

20101silk.jpg

Might want to Include the Other characters too...