"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two questions.

This one's kinda urgent.

I don't know if I should promote Stahl to a Paladin or a Great Knight. I trained him as a Cavalier without changing his class, and I usually pair him up with Sully, who I also trained as a Cavalier without changing and going to promote her to a Paladin. What should I promote Stahl to then?

Donnel's starting class is awful even though it goes to level 30. He actually has fewer useful classes to become but he will more reliably proc stats, with universal growth rates in his melee stats around 80%. He can pass on the Aptitude skill to children so his child will also have amazing growths, and he passes troubadour and pegasus knight to female children iirc. He is basically like the trainees from Sacred Stones cranked into overdrive, but in hard mode he is nearly impossible to gain traction with.

Quote by Samias

Er, I read this, and I paired up Donnel with Nowi , but I didn't level up Donnel to level 15 yet so I didn't get the Weak Beats Strong skill. Is it possible still that Nah can get Troubadour?

Sorry for some of my errors.

Edited by Shiny Shinx

i made another save so i can get some support convos and ik you have can only keep them when you save the game. Once i do that can i delete it or no?( i also haven't unlocked support convo viewer yet)

also is their a hidden item list for desert map?

Edited by spoon98

As soon as you save after viewing a support conversation, it'll be saved in your support library, though I have no idea if you have to unlock the support library first or not.

There are no hidden desert items as far as I know, except on Laurent's map, where you can obtain the Goddess staff. The villages actually give you instructions on where to stand so it's not as much of a "secret" as other games are. I don't know the exact coordinates without counting tiles on the map, but it's three tiles north of the woods on the north-north-west end of the oasis (this makes more sense when you're playing the map)

Do any of the spotpass teams sell Master Seals or Second Seals?

If they don't, can I have my friend create a team so I can buy them from him?

Regular shops sell Master Seals and Second Seals.

did anyone have an answer to my question about the support rates for the various pairs? are they different for each pair like in the other games or the same for all pairs?

Probably the same. About 15 battles to raise from C to B, and about 40 (or less, I don't have exact numbers) to raise from B to A. Dunno about none to C or A to S.

i made another save so i can get some support convos and ik you have can only keep them when you save the game. Once i do that can i delete it or no?( i also haven't unlocked support convo viewer yet)

Yes you can.

And actually, you can just reach a support level, find some random battle, go in (don't make regular saves) and suspend there. You can ignore the suspend file and load from a regular save point, and the conversation will still be counted as collected.

Um, if levels don't matter when children inherit Skills, then how do I learn a Skill thats WOULD have been passed down if one of the parents was the right level?

By making the parent reach that level, of course. Skills are the only reason for the paents' levels to matter, and that's only indirectly. (Besides, a level 1 unit can have a level 15 skill due to reclassing.)

So in the dlc chapters, was lyn confirmed as roy's mother or what?

If anything, it suggests that Lyn isn't his mother considering how he calls her just by "Lyn" in Red vs Blue 3.Of course, they're card spirits, so I guess one could argue that the card is just innacurate...

Edited by NeonZ

A little speculation here...

If I were to make an ultimate Dark Flier, it would:

1) be Aversa's daughter.

2) have Aversa's Night.

and 3) have these skills: Limit Breaker, to make it stronger; Iote's Shield, to guard it from arrows and wind magic; Armsthrift, to prevent Aversa's Night from being used up so fast; Shadowgift, to let it use dark magic; and either Galeforce or Lifetaker.

Which would be better? Lifetaker or Galeforce? Both seem good. (And Lifetaker sounds... Dark Flier-ish.)

I'm guessing most people would say Galeforce... but that evil-sounding Lifetaker.

Also, while I'm asking this... do pegasi count as "beasts"? As in, do are they affected by skills such as Beastbane? No, right?

Edit: Another thing... What do you think of Assassin Morgan as Chrom's child?

Does the Limit Breaker + Royal Weapon + Lethality + Brave Sword combo seem too broken? It's like a 100% chance of activation... sort of. Statistically speaking, Lethality should activate at least once in the four hits, assuming it hits four times.

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

On Galeforce vs Lifetaker:

If it's between Galeforce and any ability except for Rainbow Rally, go for Galeforce.

Pegasi

Do count as beasts

As for that child combo...

It'll work fine, just make sure to pick up Rainbow Rally from Grandmaster. Really you'll want to just go Grandmaster Morgan anyway if you want to use swords. Grandmaster Morgan can literally do anything you want except heal: Attack from Range, attack from Melee, spam Rainbow Rally, provide top tier support, nuke entire maps. Just pick up Rainbow Rally and Veteran and the other skills can be w/e you want. Admittedly, it still doesn't beat how absrudly overpowered Nosferatu Sorcerer Morgan is, but it's your best option if you don't want to completely break the game over one knee.

Admittedly though Morgan kind of just breaks the game no matter what you do except cleric builds so Assassin will work just fine.

On Galeforce vs Lifetaker:

If it's between Galeforce and any ability except for Rainbow Rally, go for Galeforce.

Pegasi

Do count as beasts

As for that child combo...

It'll work fine, just make sure to pick up Rainbow Rally from Grandmaster. Really you'll want to just go Grandmaster Morgan anyway if you want to use swords. Grandmaster Morgan can literally do anything you want except heal: Attack from Range, attack from Melee, spam Rainbow Rally, provide top tier support, nuke entire maps. Just pick up Rainbow Rally and Veteran and the other skills can be w/e you want. Admittedly, it still doesn't beat how absrudly overpowered Nosferatu Sorcerer Morgan is, but it's your best option if you don't want to completely break the game over one knee.

Admittedly though Morgan kind of just breaks the game no matter what you do except cleric builds so Assassin will work just fine.

Cool. Thanks.

Just one more question. Does Iote's Shield protect Pegasi from their beast weakness? If not, that's really too bad...

So in the dlc chapters, was lyn confirmed as roy's mother or what?

lolololololol.gif

Ahem *gaining composure*

Looking for the DLC to confirm/refute canon is pointless.

If anything, it suggests that Lyn isn't his mother considering how he calls her just by "Lyn" in Red vs Blue 3.Of course, they're card spirits, so I guess one could argue that the card is just innacurate...

I can pretty much say that he does not call her 母上 in Japanese.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I know they sell them, but I meant early on in case I wanted to grind before they became avaliable. o.o

Get lucky with the merchants (or call them with a Rift Door) or streetpass someone with it.

That's how I did this:

Edited by shadowofchaos

Wait, you can streetpass your own units, and then fight them later? How exactly does one do that?

Not unless you have two 3DS systems of the same region. In that case, you can set StreetPass data for both systems (since they aren't stored with the physical game) and StreetPass yourself.

EDIT - Shadowofchaos did not StreetPass his own unit in that video, if that's what you meant. That's the Chapter 4 boss battle.

Also, on buying Master and Second Seals early:

As long as you have Rift Doors, you can always keep trying and resetting for the item you want. Take care not to attempt it at the wrong place - Master and Second Seals show up only in Chapters 1-10 and Paralogues 1-3.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Yes, she can. Class inheritances are purely character-based; levels gained don't matter in any class.

so when are the skills that children inherited occure right when the parents marry or when you encounter their child?

so when are the skills that children inherited occure right when the parents marry or when you encounter their child?

The latter case. You can arrange the parents' skills before entering the paralogue chapter to give the child the skills you want them to inherit.