"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

What is the difference between Prince Marth and Hero King Marth and is Prince Marth DLC the same as Sport Pass Prince Marth?

Is there a specific difference you're looking for? If not then they just have different initial skills and stat bases when you recruit them.

Which reminds me... On the subject of DLC characters, do they join with the same stats regardless of difficulty or not?

Spotpass Characters join with their Normal Mode stats regardless of difficulty and can be found here. DLC characters join with their default base stats found on this page.

Edited by MagicLugh

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well growths and stat cap modifiers. Looking at the skills from the spot pass Marth's I can't help but feel like I wasted my time training up the DLC one.

How rare are class changing items? I only have one second seal and one master seal so I don't want to use them unless I know I can find more easily.

They're pretty rare. Second Seals can't be bought until late into the story (about 2/3rds of the way through). You find a few before then (depending on how many chests you pick liberate and side stories you do), but mostly you have a limited supply until you can buy them. Occasionally a merchant will be selling them, but they're 2.5K each, which is pretty expensive until about chapter 9 or so when you get some big cash injections. And even that happens rarely.

Master Seals are a little easier to get. They start being sold earlier, and around the point you get your first one, you start getting like one per chapter. They're still not incredible common, mind.

In both cases, if you aren't grinding, they're generally best to use at level 20. I like to use one second seal per character before promotion.

Are the stat caps on prepremotes too low to make it through a regular playthrough on hard? I'm sure it's possible, but how reasonable would it be.

I assume you mean unpromoted units, not prepromotes (prepromote = someone who starts promoted)? If so, no, they should be fine. Their stats cap in the mid 20's, which will make the final few chapters pretty tough, but doable. You'll end up wanting to use a lot of second seals I expect :P.

I assume you mean unpromoted units, not prepromotes (prepromote = someone who starts promoted)? If so, no, they should be fine. Their stats cap in the mid 20's, which will make the final few chapters pretty tough, but doable. You'll end up wanting to use a lot of second seals I expect :P.

Yeah I meant Chrom as a Lord/Tactician MU, not Libra and Say'ri etc. my bad

Thanks though, thats good to hear, I like the sprites to match the portraits but was worried it wouldn't be practical on hard.

Edited by hotsaucecommittee

Yeah I meant Chrom as a Lord/Tactician MU, not Libra and Say'ri etc. my bad

Thanks though, thats good to hear, I like the sprites to match the portraits but was worried it wouldn't be practical on hard.

someone did a hard mode no-promoted units run on this forum, you could check it out

now someone needs to do a Lunatic+ no Seals run (yup, no promotions or class changing or level resetting) :B):

If I reclass a character and they lose a weapon type that they had before (such as Liisa switching to a class without Staves), what will their weapon proficiency be if they regain the ability to use that weapon? Same as it was before, or standard starting for that class?

If I reclass a character and they lose a weapon type that they had before (such as Liisa switching to a class without Staves), what will their weapon proficiency be if they regain the ability to use that weapon? Same as it was before, or standard starting for that class?

Same as before.

Should Laurent inherit renewal or dual support+ from dear old mum? (Father will be Gregor)

Dual Support +, because he will be able to get Renewal later, but Dual Support +is Female exclusive.

How does counter work with Lethality (and Miracle)? If the attacking unit has 80 HP, the attacked unit has 65 - Lethality procs but the attacked unit survives thanks to Miracle - does Counter 80 damage (onehitkill), 65 (as Lethality would have dealed this much) or 64 (because of Miracle)?

Edited by Assurhaddon

Dual Support +, because he will be able to get Renewal later, but Dual Support +is Female exclusive.

Wrong. She gets Renewal from the Troubadour line which Gregor!Laurent won't get. Renewal is better than shitty DS+

edited for clarity

Edited by Meteor

I believe I remember seeing that the weapons 'give' the skill, so say for example the Sol sword and the Sol skill are redundant together, along with the things mentioned above also being redundant.

Yes they do. They are kinda like stat bonuses certain equipped weapons (usually A/S (in other games) weapons) give. Or like tonic bonuses.

Edited by Konnor97