Pokemon Black/White 2 Ingame Tier List

Don Draper

I tried to argue it down on that basis, but it didn't go over so well.

Yeah, I just read that. Signal Beam helps (certainly better than lol Leech Life), but it still isn't solving anything about its problem with Fire-type STAB, which it has to wait for most of the game for (before 7th gym, which is a long time to go with just Fire Spin).

It's still an awesome Pokemon, but I think Top Tier is a bit too high for it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just read that. Signal Beam helps (certainly better than lol Leech Life), but it still isn't solving anything about its problem with Fire-type STAB, which it has to wait for most of the game for (before 7th gym, which is a long time to go with just Fire Spin).

It's still an awesome Pokemon, but I think Top Tier is a bit too high for it.

Well, you certainly have a point there; Fire Blast has only 5 PP, after all, and PP restoration is still as uncommon as ever.

Edited by Golden Cucco

It's got more to do with how much Fire Spin sucks as your only form of Fire-type STAB, and that you're stuck with it for three gym battles. 135 Sp.A is a lot, but it's not turning Fire Spin into a viable move anytime soon.

It's got more to do with how much Fire Spin sucks as your only form of Fire-type STAB, and that you're stuck with it for three gym battles. 135 Sp.A is a lot, but it's not turning Fire Spin into a viable move anytime soon.

Well, that, too, is true.

You actually get access to the move relearner in the Pokemon World Tournament by Driftveil. It still requires Heart Scales, and they're available every day from a lady in Driftveil if you show her a Pokemon with a move she wants.

Get Volcarona to learn Ember, and it'll serve as a much better alternative to Fire Spin.

Ember's hardly any stronger then Fire Spin... (40 BP vs 35)

I haven't played thanks to being from the states, but why is Aron low? I'm not saying he should be high, but Aggron has a diverse offensive movepool, and sandstorm can help its special defense, while rock polish or a quick claw with some luck can help its speed. I don't know when these TM's show up, but I'm curious to see the problem with Aggron, considering it is one of my favorites, and I was planning to use it on my team when I get B2/W2, and I want to know if it's a bad decision. Is it because it comes lateish?

I haven't played thanks to being from the states, but why is Aron low? I'm not saying he should be high, but Aggron has a diverse offensive movepool, and sandstorm can help its special defense, while rock polish or a quick claw with some luck can help its speed. I don't know when these TM's show up, but I'm curious to see the problem with Aggron, considering it is one of my favorites, and I was planning to use it on my team when I get B2/W2, and I want to know if it's a bad decision. Is it because it comes lateish?

Aggron is kinda' sorta' the bread and butter of my main team despite his glaring weaknesses. I love him, and he is most definitely my absolute favorite.

That said: I was thinking almost the same thing as ^ this guy.

Edited by Xjezhekiir

Probably worse at the start with the poison type gym and better later on with the water-type one existing.

I think I'll get Oshawatt this time...

Also Zebstrika in high? Did he get a new ability or a movepool upgrade?

His speed is great, but in BW1 I couldn't stop him from dying all over the place.

Note that you'll want to use Electro Ball as its main STAB once you get it; it has base 60 BP. Definitely top tier.

Why Electro Ball? Isn't Magnezone not that fast? Because Electro Ball's power is dependent on how much faster the user is than the opponent. Then again, the other special STABs Magnezone can get come late...

Edited by Golden Cucco

why don't you come on IRC anymore IOS =(

more on-topic: you might want to consider not evolving magneton into magnezone because magneton's SpAtk is still really good (base 120) and he's 10 base Spe faster than magnezone. he's a lot weaker defensively, but going from 70 Spe to 60 Spe is really sensitive in-game because a lot of opponent pokemon hang around that region.

Edited by dondon151

It'll always have minimum 60 BP, which makes it superior to Thundershock (40 BP) and Volt Switch (switching in and out is far too annoying). That'll tide you over until the Thunder TM before the 7th gym, and Thunderbolt TM on Victory Road.

I actully realized that other electric STABs would be coming late, though I was particularly curious on Thunderbolt. Now that that's been cleared up, I can say fair enough.

I'm curious as to why Tepig is mid. The only major difference I can see is one more gym it's bad against, but is that the only cause for drop from top to mid? Of course I haven't played it, so I'm just guessing. (If it's been previously explained, i haven't seen it)

Probably because of its speed and lack of solid fighting STAB

In the BW tier list, it was rated S, and it had the same problems, unless brick break is harder to find. The only addition I see is Marlon instead of Brycen. Is that worth a change from top 25% on a list to about half way between good and bad?

Edited by I don't play for turns

Brick Break, along with pretty much every useful fighting TM, is unavailable. With Brick Break you have to grind BP in the world tournament. Without Brick Break it really fails to impress. Bad moveset, bad speed, and doesn't have the bulk to make up for it.

That makes sense... no brick break+Marlon.. Still using it.