Super Smash Bros Universe Mafia

Kaoz

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like lynching people based off scummy roleclaims. Scummy roles can be town too, like Town Kidnapper. Having a role that can be scummy is not a scummy thing, so if you're lynching someone off that, you've already decided that they're scum. If you're against an Eclipse lynch, what about Subi/SB/Pink, Proto? Eclipse and Kay are not the only people who might get lynched today.

Shinori, please keep a cool head. I know I'm hardly the person to say this, but blowing up isn't the best way to get votes off of you.

I will be spending a lot of this phase in bed, because I feel normal that way. Sitting up makes me sick.

I am keeping a cool head I just think it's off that proto doesn't want to be held accountable if a wagon starts on me, the way he worded his post seems off to me. Also If i remember correctly, he voted me, then i claimed then he unvoted me, and now he's revoting me saying my claim was scummy, even though he had unvoted after my claim i believe. I need to go check.

Also annoyed with Subi because that's the exact same bad play that got scorri mislynched in Higurashi.

If you mean not being around at deadline, that's not so much bad play as bad luck irl. If you mean not voting before phase end, there was still so much time left and I didn't want to votepark when I wouldn't be here to see what happened. If I had thought I would be around I would not have done so. I felt that more information would probably come out as phase end approached and therefore my vote would be pretty uninformed.

I didn't answer your question on if i think marth is scum or not because I specifically said I don't know what I think he is. Marth is being marth and he's being scummy but that's also him so he could roll town. Current scumdar is Kay at the moment followed by subi and then if i had to pick a third it would most likely be marth, after that I don't have any definite reads

I missed that the first time through then, woops.

You don't know what you think he is but he's your third most-wanted lynch? And in replying to me you responded to several of my points by suggesting scenarios where Marth was scum. However your play DOES look a lot like how you were in Higurashi, and Redirector is not a role I want to risk losing, so as I said, I'll wait to see how you look tomorrow.

You know that entire tense thing? That was in regards to Banana's vote, not Marth's. I extremely dislike it when people tell me that they know better than me when it comes to what I say. I wouldn't mind a lynch on you, but damn if I'm gonna have a repeat of Higurashi.

But you quoted Manix's post. Where he said that he didn't know other people would vote on Marth after he did so. Maybe I seriously misread your post but you said the stuff about the tenses immediately following a quote of Manix's post, inside of a post aimed at Manix. Yeah, you know what you meant to say and I don't know, but if you really were not addressing Manix then your post just confuses me.

Okay, I just saw Shinori on irc. And he NEVER shows up on irc when all the games are NOC unless he's scum. idk if this is considered breaking the rules (acquiring info from outside the game thread) but I really think he's scum now. This has happened before btw.

I'm not going to lynch someone because they happened to be on irc. Meta has a place but this is too much for me; what has he done in the game that's scummy in your opinion? This reasoning is very flimsy.

I honestly don't see how Redirector can be considered good as Town. You don't prevent the Mafia from killing people and you outright mislead investigative roles (at least a Roleblocker would make them get nothing).

It depends on the Redirector's scumhunting skills, but being able to redirect someone you suspect as scum into another person you suspect as scum seems really strong. It's like a doctor-vig combo or something. Yes, it depends on prediction skill, but it does for scum too. Plus if you can have Town Persuaders and Kidnappers and stuff, why not a Town Redirector? Role =/= alignment.

Proto's vote is scummy to me but before that I had been feeling neutral towards him, so I'm not that sold on lynching him.

BBM has been playing like he did in that Draft mini: posting regularly but mostly staying neutral, not being too aggressive. Also defended Marth quite a bit. I would be okay with a lynch on him.

I'm unfamiliar with Folgore Pink's playstyle, but her posts are mostly fluff and there is a lot of echoing going on as well. Also, her votes have not been very strong--mostly just following someone else's vote and not pressuring the person too much. Would be okay with lynching her.

Eclipse is still iffy to me, but I'm not confident enough to lynch her this phase. Do not want an Eclipse lynch. Kay seems neutral to me; hasn't posted too much but IIRC she's usually somewhat lurky. I'm not in favor of a lynch on Kay but I'm not strongly against either. Don't want a lynch on Shinori as I said before, would like to see more and have him prove his role. I still think Marth would be a mislynch, as I've said before.

Iris seems to be still tunneling on me and her most recent post still doesn't have any strong opinions on anyone but me. Apparently no one but me finds this scummy though. Also:

but I need to ISO both, since I'm not sure who I'd rather lynch of the two, yet.

Who's the other person you're referring to here? I think I'm missing something obvious in your post, but it's not clear to me.

Anyway, BBM is my most-prefered lynch, Folgore Pink is my second; I see no votes on BBM right now so I'll join the Folgore Pink wagon. ##Vote: Folgore Pink

I tried not to be too aggressive in Draft because Prims was doing that for me. In SFM, where I was also scum though, I talked a lot more and was much more aggressive. So that meta doesn't really work on me, nor am I impressed that I am your most preferred lynch when that is your only reason, as far as I can see, against me. I am even less impressed that Pink is your #2 lynch target when I'm not sure if you've said anything about him before. You certainly didn't in that last post.

I ISOd you and my mistake, you have mentioned Pink a few times, including in that last post. :facepalm: But I hope you realize that what you're accusing Pink and I of, hanging back and not posting much, while echoing others, is also applicable to you?

I tried not to be too aggressive in Draft because Prims was doing that for me. In SFM, where I was also scum though, I talked a lot more and was much more aggressive. So that meta doesn't really work on me, nor am I impressed that I am your most preferred lynch when that is your only reason, as far as I can see, against me. I am even less impressed that Pink is your #2 lynch target when I'm not sure if you've said anything about him before. You certainly didn't in that last post.

Regardless of the meta, your posts have not made much of an impression; you're flying under the radar. It just doesn't match with what I've seen in your Town games and empty posts are scummy.

Indeed I did not mention Folgore Pink. I was undecided about my suspicions on her; she was lurky and her posts were mostly fluff, but I'm not familiar with her playstyle and wasn't sure if she just tends to be more lurky. After thinking about it more, however, I decided to act on my suspicions. Also someone posted at some point that this isn't her usual Town MO which made me take my suspicions more seriously.

I ISOd you and my mistake, you have mentioned Pink a few times, including in that last post. :facepalm: But I hope you realize that what you're accusing Pink and I of, hanging back and not posting much, while echoing others, is also applicable to you?

Wow did I? I thought I kept that one in my notes file rather than posting. Woops.

I disagree re: me echoing. And as for hanging back, I may not be that aggressive but I have not been lurking around being neutral either.

Or perhaps you're not happy because you didn't think of it first? I don't see how it slows anything down, unless you're using me to find scum for you. Everyone else is free to talk while I'm doing things.

Now kindly start tunneling elsewhere, unless this is your none-too-subtle hint that I should claim.

You're altering the day's progress because it means your vote won't always be on what you'd consider the best possible option if you'd already received input from everybody, which makes your opinions harder to reflect and alters how you help build wagons. People have timezones, and if you have to wait for them to respond every time, you're going to fall behind and keep everybody else down as a result.

Also this is more a "no you're wrong stop attacking me go away" than a defense.

I still want an eclipse lynch. Yeah, she's ill, but she was scummy before she cited IRL issues. It sucks but doesn't mean she's town. If you're a meta player, then go ISO her Golden Sun play and consider how she had the exact same protown fluff -> votepark -> switch votepark onto next votepark target pattern during that D1 too.

I would lynch Impy over Kay though.

Most investigative roles such as cop or something would show that X player is X role. Not. You found out he is X.

That depends on the game. I generally don't reveal what player was targeted. Does anyone know how this worked in SSBB Mafia?

I am keeping a cool head I just think it's off that proto doesn't want to be held accountable if a wagon starts on me, the way he worded his post seems off to me. Also If i remember correctly, he voted me, then i claimed then he unvoted me, and now he's revoting me saying my claim was scummy, even though he had unvoted after my claim i believe. I need to go check.

Saying you're calm doesn't make it true, no matter how much you do it. I'm becoming more and more convinced that lynching you would not be a bad idea, because despite your claim, pretty much everything you say is making you look worse, IMO.

hey what the fuck

Eclipse, I don't feel like you really responded to the points that were against you, other than to say that you were sick. Yeah, you were sick, and that's bound to affect both how you play and the quality of your play, but something just feels off.

ONE HOUR LATER

I've been thinking, and I'm willing to give Eclipse's lackluster play a pass this phase, on grounds of being sick.

Vig, take care of this tonight, thx

I haven't been Mr. McActive like I was in maybe one or two games, but I've been busy the last few days, and I wouldn't say that my posts have been empty either.

And you say that you haven't been echoing- your opinion that Pink has been lurky and has had fluffy posts is an opinion that many people have expressed. The fact that I've been under the radar is also a thought that has been expressed.

Decided that no, I'm not voting Impy, she's probably a scapegoat given that all the sketchy people are suddenly coming running to push her wagon over eclipse's.

Subieko and BBM need to explain their switches right now. Subieko, why do you explicitly not want an eclipse lynch?

I haven't been Mr. McActive like I was in maybe one or two games, but I've been busy the last few days, and I wouldn't say that my posts have been empty either.

And you say that you haven't been echoing- your opinion that Pink has been lurky and has had fluffy posts is an opinion that many people have expressed. The fact that I've been under the radar is also a thought that has been expressed.

My problem isn't that you don't have enough posts--as I said, you're posting regularly but your posts are not strong.

Yes, I share some opinions with others. But I have also posted my own thoughts. When I say echoing I generally mean echoing as a consistent pattern of only posting opinions others already have. You said you iso'd my posts, you should see this. Off the top of my head, I don't recall anyone else posting what I said about SB before I did, and if you look at what I've posted about Eclipse, I don't recall anyone else focusing on the particular part of her posts that I did.

Also, @Prims: instead of vigging BBM we could just lynch him today. :/

Also the late-day wagons this D1 have been super misogynistic. Semi-related: Levity is probably scum. We can worry about it later but I didn't want to die without saying that.

Decided that no, I'm not voting Impy, she's probably a scapegoat given that all the sketchy people are suddenly coming running to push her wagon over eclipse's.

Subieko and BBM need to explain their switches right now. Subieko, why do you explicitly not want an eclipse lynch?

Because although I'm finding her suspicious, I'm not confident that she is in fact scum and I'd rather lynch someone I'm more sure about. I don't have many specific problems with Eclipse, just her posts are giving me a weird feeling (which isn't really reasoning so I don't trust it too much) and her posts about Manix (and also her reply to my question about them, somewhat) have used questionable logic, which isn't characteristic for her. But she has been sick, so maybe I'm just misreading her because of that.

Saying you're calm doesn't make it true, no matter how much you do it. I'm becoming more and more convinced that lynching you would not be a bad idea, because despite your claim, pretty much everything you say is making you look worse, IMO.

So what I said about proto dodging around the fact that he doesn't want to be held responsible is making me look worse?

Question if you think someone is truly scum, shouldn't you vote them and put front reasons as to why your voting them? Yes.

Okay so if you did this and you think someone is truly scum you would want the supposed scum lynched right? Yes.

However proto says he is putting his vote on me and yet he isn't wanting to be at fault if a bandwagon starts yet he thinks I am scum, if he truly thinks I'm scum, why isn't he trying to convince others to lynch me? Generally when I've seen this type of attitude it's because it was a scum player wanting someone to be ninja lynched or just lynched in general but they didn't want to be at fault when the player flipped town, I've used this same thing before.

I can't help but notice the fact that Kay who has been scummy to me all game since I noticed that she was doing nothing is now defending the person who has put a scummy vote on me while completely ignoring what proto did.

So how is everything I'm saying making me look worse again? Should I just let proto get by with saying what he said? Do you want me to go back to lurking or something and just not saying anything aggressively to any players in this game? Then town gets no info out of me and if maf kill me there is nothing to off of. My vote stays on Kay for being particularly scummy, not being inactive. Apparently I'm making myself look worse for questioning protos vote on me when he had already removed his vote from me and for his scummy reasoning on why he thinks I should be lynched, yet he doesn't want to be called out on it if a bandwagon starts.

The fact that I'm voting for someone who isn't being bandwagoned does NOT mean I want to start a bandwagon on him. You guys can lynch whoever you want but I want to make my opinions clear. I'm AGAINST the Clipsey! lynch, and I'm unsure of Kay. I should be here at phase end, so should this result in a tie, I'm willing to break the tie and lynch Kay, if only to save Clipsey! Otherwise, it'll stay on Shinori until somebody becomes scummier than him.

Based off of that sentence and then him posting again that he doesn't want clipsey lynched I'm more inclined to think clipsey is town, also he doesn't know about Kay, which makes me think she's even more scummy than before.

Bolded part was the important part though.

Seriously, if clipsey flipped town or if i flipped town from the way proto is acting he doesn't want to necessarily be any part of why they were lynched is how it seems. Distancing and what not, it really feels to me like proto knows who is maf and who isn't already.

Ugh, I didn't realize how contradictory that post sounded. Basically, I decided that while Eclipse's excuse is at least one that can explain her bad behaviour, TImp's is not.

And Prims, I don't like your idea of giving up on Pink like that for what other people have done rather than what she's done. If she flips town, then you have the late bandwagoners to be suspicious of. Right now, you don't know for sure if the sketchy people voting her are just townies playing badly or scum. You could be giving a free pass to scum.

Votals

[4] Folgore Pink - Bluedoom, eclipse, BBM, Subieko

[4] San - Shinori, Strawman, Naglfar, Folgore Pink

[3] eclipse - Prims, BBM, Psych, San, Bluedoom, Strawman

[2] Proto - Daigoji Excellen, Serious Bananas

[1] Shinori - Folgore Pink, Blitz, Proto, Naglfar, Subieko, Proto

[1] Bluedoom - Elieson, Excellen, Manix, Shinori, Naglfar

[1] Elieson - Blitz, eclipse

[1] Manix - Bizz, Psych, Excellen, eclipse

[1] SeriousBananas - Manix, Subieko

[1] Subieko - Iris, Proto, eclipse

[0] BigBangMeteor - Manix, Prims, Psych